Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,242,800 times

Advertisements

Greetings folks!

Here's the deal: If you post 'off topic' and June finds that she is deleting pages of posts, and she has deleted more than just 'a couple' of yours?

That constitutes contributing to hijacking a thread.

That means possible infractions.

That means the thread could most likely end up closed.

It's your decision whether to address the OP, or whether to join in on hijacking.

Okay?

"Yes June."

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,558,059 times
God is God He can do what He pleases,but He does it for a good reason. They laughed at Noah for building the Ark in the middle of a desert,which took great faith on His part and it took him 120 years to build. People want to go their own way,worship other gods or no gods, live in darkness rather than the light.

God replenished the earth in His own way after the flood,like wiping the slate clean, He rid all the wickedness of man off the face of the Earth. I believe the flood was tied in with Methuselah's death as to when it started. So yes the warning was given,wicked man did not respond so they lost their animals,children and their own lives. Only 8 people were left on Earth saved by entering the Ark which others could have done, but chose not to participate.. I believe what the Bible has to say and this is in the Bible.

Last edited by noland123; 08-19-2009 at 07:09 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 AM

33,514 posts, read 37,057,177 times
There are many huge problems with the flood story, as I'm sure you know, but I am curious about the life spans of Noah's children according to the bible....If a generation is 30 years, that means only 143 generations since the supposed flood. How could the population go from 8 to almost 7 billion in 143 generations, and why are there more than 6,700 different languages spoken today?

In any case I don't believe there was any genocide, either animal or human, because a world wide flood is not possible.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 AM

720 posts, read 700,804 times
As deeper studies show, the human population was genetically corrupted by the Nephilim not only were they evil but had corrupted the human race. So a cleansing was necessary.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:54 AM

39 posts, read 48,701 times
Default That's why I love the Lord

That's why I love the Lord.

Because a couple thousand years ago He bore all that wrath on the cross, so that we humans didn't have to.

In Noah's time Christ had not yet been sent down from heaven, but Noah loved Him anyway.

That's why I love Noah too.

But I love the Lord my God more.

And I love my neighbour as I love myself.

In my Bible the word love appears 612 times. The word righteous appears 547? times that's why I love the Word of God - it tells me to love and do what

Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,796,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
God is God He can do what He pleases,but He does it for a good reason. They laughed at Noah for building the Ark in the middle of a desert,which took great faith on His part and it took him 120 years to build.
Too bad that after 120 years, most of it would be rotten by the time he laid the last beam. He and his sons must also have had a fun harvesting all those trees - as if there were enough trees to build such a vessel in that desolate area of the world. Of course cutting and shaping the beams is a skill that takes a lifetime to master. And a job that historically has required hundreds of such skilled craftsmen in order to build vessels not even half the size of the ark.

Quote:
People want to go their own way,worship other gods or no gods, live in darkness rather than the light.
Your god IS an "other" god. And he is responsible for far more darkness than light.

Quote:
God replenished the earth in His own way after the flood,like wiping the slate clean, He rid all the wickedness of man off the face of the Earth.
Really? That's funny because men were right back to being wicked shortly thereafter. Sodom and Gomorrah ring a bell? And if I'm not mistaken, Noah's own daughters did some wicked things with their father with the flood fresh in their memories. And they were deemed worthy to save?

Tsk tsk, once again it seems your god can never quite get things the way he wants them to be. How does it feel believing in such an inept "supreme being"?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhat View Post
That's why I love the Lord.
In my Bible the word love appears 612 times. The word righteous appears 547? times that's why I love the Word of God - it tells me to love and do what

YouTube - Reality in The Bible

Old 08-20-2009, 02:40 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,558,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Too bad that after 120 years, most of it would be rotten by the time he laid the last beam. He and his sons must also have had a fun harvesting all those trees - as if there were enough trees to build such a vessel in that desolate area of the world. Of course cutting and shaping the beams is a skill that takes a lifetime to master. And a job that historically has required hundreds of such skilled craftsmen in order to build vessels not even half the size of the ark.

Your god IS an "other" god. And he is responsible for far more darkness than light.

Really? That's funny because men were right back to being wicked shortly thereafter. Sodom and Gomorrah ring a bell? And if I'm not mistaken, Noah's own daughters did some wicked things with their father with the flood fresh in their memories. And they were deemed worthy to save?

Tsk tsk, once again it seems your god can never quite get things the way he wants them to be. How does it feel believing in such an inept "supreme being"?
That was Lot who had incestuous relationship with his two daughters.

There is only one God not multiple gods.

The Antediluvian period-the environment was different than of today so that the Acacia wood probably did not have a chance to rot,this undertaking was under God's command and He saw to it that it got done.

Last edited by noland123; 08-20-2009 at 02:54 AM..

Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhat View Post
BTW - the word evil appears over 700 times. Seems there is more evil in The Bible than love or righteousness...

Old 08-20-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
That was Lot who had incestuous relationship with his two daughters.
Oh that's right. Noah got boinked by one of his sons while he was sleeping. That's even worse.

And tell me.. was that wicked act by Lot's daughters before or AFTER the wickedness-cleansing-flood?

Quote:
There is only one God not multiple gods.
Says who? And what makes you think your bronze age tribal totem is it?

Quote:
The Antediluvian period-the environment was different than of today so that the Acacia wood did not have a chance to rot.
LOL. Hilarious. **** poor apologetics, son..

(And ooopsie! If the environment was that different the pre-flood animals wouldn't have survived the new post-flood conditions)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality