Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times

Advertisements

My best friend of 15+ years and I talk at least twice a week, and my other best friend is my lovely boyfriend so we probably talk too much...

As for Jesus... I work with a guy named Varo, and his brothers name is Jesus... he's a nice guy, but I wouldn't consider him a best friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 04:47 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiber View Post
How often do you talk to your best friend ?
"Best friend"? It's cute, but some of you, guys, crack me up sometimes. G-d is your "best friend"? Wow. Reminds me of that scene from Boiler Room, where a young man tells his father that he's trying to improve their relationship. The father's response: "'Relationship'? What the f- are you talking about, 'relationship'? What are we, dating? I'm not your girlfriend, Seth, I'm your father."

Old 08-20-2009, 03:32 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie g-tad View Post
perhaps a bit unfairly reflecting on precisely that popularity? the hermit so enjoying company of coquettes?

as the saying goes, with friends like these, who needs enemies.

ps. for the record: an opinion like this may be considered all sorts of badmouthing, but it is "consistent".....
Why is it that every time I read one of your posts that I get the feeling that so much is being lost in translation? Are you using Babelfish or something?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:35 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
my friend is so real his name is Jesus and if it was'nt for my friend you would not be alive
Your imaginary friend wasn't in the bedroom when my dad effed my mom, impregnated her, and started me on the way to life. Screams of "oh god" during sex just don't count.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:51 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Why is it that every time I read one of your posts that I get the feeling that so much is being lost in translation? Are you using Babelfish or something?
effie is friends with many of us on C-D . . . (her posts frequently do not contain all the information necessary to make them publicly understandable) . . . but the subject of the post usually knows enough to get what she is referring to.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:50 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,168,522 times
Why is my post being deleted?? I wasn't addressing OP?? How so?? My dogs are my friends, and i do talk to them.

Talking to Jezus is right on topic?? Please!!!!

Kindergarten at its best!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
I agree, my dog is the most loyal friend I've ever had, and I talk to him a lot...

Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Why is my post being deleted?? I wasn't addressing OP?? How so?? My dogs are my friends, and i do talk to them.

Talking to Jezus is right on topic?? Please!!!!

Kindergarten at its best!

Yeah I noticed a lot posts being deleted on different threads that are on topic just fine. I think it is called cencorship! I talk to my cats a lot and my bird too. I remember those days of trying to convince myself that Jesus was my "friend" and I'd "talk" to him....that was a lonely one sided relationship full of disapointment.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,313 times
I talk to my wife daily, and she is my best friend, my link to the outer world, my support for medical issues, and an anchor for all the craziness my right brain tries to foist on me. Stupid right brain. Down! Down!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 AM

388 posts, read 855,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah I noticed a lot posts being deleted on different threads that are on topic just fine. I think it is called cencorship! I talk to my cats a lot and my bird too. I remember those days of trying to convince myself that Jesus was my "friend" and I'd "talk" to him....that was a lonely one sided relationship full of disapointment.

Gee Hon, I thought I was your best friend! I was just getting on here that I talk to my bestest friend in whole wide world ...You! Then again I thought I was my best friend then the argument starts in my mind and thats when I have a feud with myself. I also got some other best friends when wife isn't home..the two cats when they aren't sleeping.

Last edited by blueman_fan1; 08-21-2009 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality