U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 AM

9,616 posts, read 10,995,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
And yet, you yourself have yet to reply to the vast majority of requests for clarification and justifcation that have been posted in this thread.

Kettle, there's a letter here, from a Mr. Pot....something about your color...?

I officially dare you,
Tom, to respond in the future from your own vast knowlege about Evolution and the scientific method, and NOT ever just quote-mine or simply link someone else's erroneous "Simpleton" cut & paste statements.

It's really giving you a bad name here, what with every one of your poorly researched posts and links so easily discredited, and not even by one of us!

My gawd! You quote "Dr. So & SO" as saying "A", and we go to the link, and find that he actually said "B", which also turns out to be in direct contradiction of your original intent!

And then you ignore the outcries from the citizens whose intelligence you have so directly insulted. Nice strategy! Effective!

Seriously, don't you think your credibility and intellectual honesty is growing a bit "thin" here? Is that really the reputation you want to have? Also, is this the sort of "evidence" upon which you base your entire life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,794,313 times
One of the things I wonder: do all the flat-earthers view modern biology as a bunch of nonsense?

I would be very interested to here their view on this.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 AM

1,808 posts, read 1,503,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are misinformed and uneducated in history.

1 "Christianity" did not invent "creationist" doctrine. Moses, a Hebrew, wrote the Torah and the Book of Jasher long before Christ was come in flesh.

2 Jesus the Christ is YHWH the Creator, in the Person of God the Word, who is come in human being flesh of second human being creation, as Kinsman/Redeemer to Adam.
As the Creator of all things, Jesus Christ -who is YHWH of the Old Testament, in the Person of God the Word who is the only Person in YHWH "seen" by men and angels, from the beginning of creation- made all things by His wisdom and understanding, in six ordinary days of evenings and mornings.

For your first point -- good call, and I stand corrected. As to your second point (which I'm honestly having a hard time comprehending), your faith is admirable -- but that wasn't the point of my post.

My point was to show you how easily you dismiss other views, yet at the same time you consider your views unassailable, when your own views are based on equally spurious claims.

The concept of 'falsifiability' pops its head up at this point; Karl Popper asserted that a hypothesis, theory or propositon is only scientific if it can be shown to be false by observation or physical experimentation.

Creationism is unfalsifiable; no amount of observation or physical experimentation can show Creationism to be either true or false. We have fossil records, yes, but all those show is that it's possible that Creationism is true -- but possibility is not actuality.

Likewise, it's equally impossible to directly falsify the lack of a 'common ancestor' in evolution; to do so would be a logical fallacy -- we must first prove that a 'common ancestor' exists before determining that we lack one, and to actually produce a Common Ancestor negates the 'lack' of same.

(There are many suggestions as to how to indirectly falsify a Common Ancestor; when asked for hypothetical evidence to this end, J.B.S Haldane famously replied 'Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian era'. Suggestions such as these are, by and large, outside the scope of the discussion, but I have included this one for purposes of reference).

And, Rifleman, in reference to your earlier post (which quoted one of mine)....

Who's 'Tom'?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,621,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I don't believe the scientist, because they have their theories, yet I have the facts.
Well then you better never need any medicine, all created by scientists and their "theories", or a transplant or need any type of surgery. Medicine is a science. And do you know how frustrating it is to have you always accuse us of not viewing the evidence and yet it is all you do!! I have seen questions asked of you and you skip them and ignore. So for once, answer this...

Are you serious about Evolution being a fairy tale? If so you need to go read the definition again, your Bible fits the profile to a T!! Let me see, Evolution gives real possible answers while the bible says:

1.Adam and eve ( who by the way were made from dirt and ribs) talked to a snake ( which we know cant talk) what the vocal cords, EVOLVED out?

2. A global flood for 18 months where a 900 year old man and his family loaded up enough food and supplies for millions of animals ( including meat eaters and dinos, sorry no they did not eat grains, would not give them the nutrition they need) on an ark that could not possibly be built, especially when there were not nearly enough wood to build it in the dessert. Then landed and somehow repopulated the Earth with billions of people and plants of millions if not billions of different species in a very short time, oh not to mention the different languages, cultures and colors of the people.

3.That a man was murdered ( who claimed to be the son of God), stuck on a cross only to come back to walk the earth, with absolutely NO EVIDENCE of any of this happening oh and NO EVIDENCE or records of ANY OF it in any other civilization at the time.

Yea, Evolution is a real fairy tale. RRiiiiiiggghhhhtttt. This is what we are suppose to believe instead of science which has proven itself to be correct many many times? Yet the Bible IS THE ONLY evidence you have of anything?

Last edited by Nea1; 08-25-2009 at 07:23 AM..

Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,651,766 times
I absolutely love how all of the creationists jump all over Darwinian ideals of the day, which admittedly included the prejudice of that era as some sort of proof against Darwin's theories.

C'mon people...the man worked with FINCHES. Finches were the basis of his initial observations regarding evolution--not humans. He actually feared extending the evolutionary observations he made in nature to hominids because of the prevailing religious intolerance of the 19th century.

Get a grip and stop trying to use the bigotry of the 19th century as some sort of Holy Grail against evolution. Believe me when I say that the hands of the church and it's followers (and I mean the Christian church in general) are definitely not clean when it comes to the subjugation of people they consider to be inferior to themselves.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,621,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I absolutely love how all of the creationists jump all over Darwinian ideals of the day, which admittedly included the prejudice of that era as some sort of proof against Darwin's theories.

C'mon people...the man worked with FINCHES. Finches were the basis of his initial observations regarding evolution--not humans. He actually feared extending the evolutionary observations he made in nature to hominids because of the prevailing religious intolerance of the 19th century.

Get a grip and stop trying to use the bigotry of the 19th century as some sort of Holy Grail against evolution. Believe me when I say that the hands of the church and it's followers (and I mean the Christian church in general) are definitely not clean when it comes to the subjugation of people they consider to be inferior to themselves.
They have so few cards to play. You are taking all their toys away!! Big meanie!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:14 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,919,481 times
[quote=Campbell34;10440033]
Quote:
All I can say for sure, is that evolution is more about nonsense than science, and it can be refuted on a number of levels.
You mean just exactly like your religion?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,308,635 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
Evolution came about when Darwin first rejected the God of the Bible, and after that, the nonsense began. Darwin stated the African was inferior because they represented the missing-link between the ape and Teuton. So once people understood this, thanks to Darwins insane theory.
Darwin was a product of the society that he lived in and likely held views that he wouldn't believe if he had been brought up in our times. Even Thomas Jefferson wrote that he also believed that the mental capabilities of black Africans could never equal those of white people. Jefferson was obviously a brilliant man as was Darwin but in order to understand their thinking you have to look at it within the context of the times they were living in. Jefferson had slaves and it was common and perfectly legal in those days.
It is true that there are those who have used some of the concepts of evolution in order to try to prove that certain groups of people were inferior than others. The Nazis did exactly that with the Jews and went so far as to measure the skulls and facial features and to try to correlate certain physical traits as representing someone who is intellectually inferior. None of this changes the reality of evolution but of course it's just an example of man's mistreatment of his fellow man which has been going on thoughout our history.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,273,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
One of the things I wonder: do all the flat-earthers view modern biology as a bunch of nonsense?

I would be very interested to here their view on this.
The Bible tells us the world is a globe. In Nebuchadnezzars day, he was king of kings of the earth, and ruled wherever men, beasts, or fowl dwelt -Daniel 2. At that time, Asia and the western continents were settled. Men scattered over the earth from the time of the fall of the tower of Babel, and the Olmecs were in what is Mexico, and their king was ruled by the king... who was ruled by Nebuchadnezzar.

The Bible tells us the sun, moon, and stars go in their paths, in their courses.
The Bible tells us the earth is fixed in place.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,273,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

Darwin was a product of the society that he lived in and likely held views that he wouldn't believe if he had been brought up in our times.
That Darwin was a product of Freethinkers is obvious, having a Father and Grandfather who were such.
I'll guarantee you that Darwin no longer believes what he wrote, and that he is lamenting, where he is, what he did write. -Luk 16:19-16:31

Jefferson was not a Bible believer, and even rewrote the Bible to "suit himself".
Slavery has not been about color of skin in history, but about wars and spoils of war -in the Ancient Israel one could sell themselves as bond slaves for a time, to pay off debt. Early America also had the same practices.
But Darwin introduced "racism", by actually 'teaching' men evolved from apes, and some men were less 'human' than others, based on their skin color.
Darwin was a fool, and those who follow him share his sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality