U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 AM

9,745 posts, read 13,328,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Bible tells us the sun, moon, and stars go in their paths, in their courses.
The Bible tells us the earth is fixed in place.
This is quite telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,219,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I absolutely love how all of the creationists jump all over Darwinian ideals of the day, which admittedly included the prejudice of that era as some sort of proof against Darwin's theories.

C'mon people...the man worked with FINCHES. Finches were the basis of his initial observations regarding evolution--not humans. ...
For purposes of eduction, I quote from Apologetics Press - In the News: Was Darwin a Racist? (http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/12 - broken link)
Quoting Darwin, in The Descent of Man

Quote:
The Races of Man.
At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes...will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the gorilla (1874, p. 178).
Their mental characteristics are likewise very distinct; chiefly as it would appear in their emotional, but partly in their intellectual faculties. Everyone who has had the opportunity of comparison must have been struck with the contrast between the taciturn, even morose, aborigines of S. America and the light-hearted, talkative negroes.
While Darwin may have maintained an outward concern for social justice, Thomas Henry Huxley, a close personal friend of Darwin’s and an indefatigable champion of evolution (who frequently referred to himself as “Darwin’s Bulldog”) observed:
No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average Negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, and our prognathus relative has a fair field and no favour, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried out on by thoughts and not by bites (1871, p. 20).
The point is obvious: if man evolved, then so did the various races. But more than that, Darwin and Huxley argued further that the “caucasian” race was farther along in the evolutionary process, and thus superior to all the other races.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,219,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
This is quite telling.
The Word of God tells it. I read it and I believe it.
Also, in 1 Enoch, for his astronomical calendar which he wrote, the entire created universe and its order was shown Enoch.
The sun rises and sets. The stars and sun and moon have paths, "highways" ordained for them to travel, from the beginning.
The earth never travels and is therefore not a planet.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-25-2009 at 10:40 AM..

Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM

188 posts, read 359,989 times
Quote:
The Bible tells us the sun, moon, and stars go in their paths, in their courses. The Bible tells us the earth is fixed in place.
And you...you believe that?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,147,131 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Darwin was a fool, and those who follow him share his sin.
Darwin was actually a brilliant man and if he hadn't discovered the fact that evolution was a fact you can be certain that others would have because truth has a way of coming out eventually. Any comments that Darwin may have made about the various races pales in comparison to the cruelty and barbaric atrocities of the Bible. It would seem to me that the Bible supports something similar to racism when it describes the chosen people who are to be favored above all others and that their enemies should be destroyed and that their women and belongings are taken away as the spoils of war.
Isn't it true that Christians believe that Muslims or people who have any other religious beliefs as well as atheists like myself are supposed to go to hell? I sense in your statement "and those who follow him share his sin" that you're feeling rather exhilerated that we're all going to be punished for what we believe or possibly the lack of belief.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,147,131 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
In the two and a half years I've been posting on this forum the statement you just made is by far the most ridiculous post I have ever read.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM

9,745 posts, read 13,328,387 times
Quote:
The Word of God tells it. I read it and I believe it.
Also, in 1 Enoch, for his astronomical calendar which he wrote, the entire created universe and its order was shown Enoch.
The sun rises and sets. The stars and sun and moon have paths, "highways" ordained for them to travel, fromt he beginning.
This is even more telling. Disturbing, even.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:12 AM

29,527 posts, read 29,999,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
No sanspeur it is not a bald faced lie. Senior Editor of Nature magazine Henry gee made that statement, In The Guardian. Speaking about the new skull discovery he states. Whatever the outcome, the skull shows, once and for all, that the old idea of a "missing link" (IS BUNK)...It should now be quite plain that the very idea of the missing link, always shaky, is now completely untenable.
"Henry Gee knows there is no real science that can confirm the theory. Evolution has been so pushed as a fact, that people are shocked when they discover it is more a belief than real science."
Gee never said this, and you know it. You sir, are losing whatever small bit of integrity you may have had.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 AM

4,799 posts, read 7,575,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
This is even more telling. Disturbing, even.
If you all didn't post these juicy little snippets I'd have no idea of the absurdly ludicrous proclamations floating around in the area of cyberspace that I had previously relegated to the dustbin (ignore).

I have to say, this is one of the best I've ever read. The Earth is not a planet? I almost blew my between-classes coffee out of my nose at that one....

Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM

29,527 posts, read 29,999,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course this is just another way you can (FILTER) out evidence. Just brand all creation sites as sites with no credibility. And by doing so you can ignore everything they say, and pretend it all lies. This is a very dishonest way to ignore evidence that does not agree with your position.

The Museum of Forbidden Archeology (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_forbiddenarcheology04.htm - broken link)
The reason we ignore them is because there is no such thing as an honest creation site, neither are the people connected to them honest. They are nothing but a bunch of quote miners and truth twisters..Almost everything these people write or say is a lie.....Is it any wonder that I'm beginning to think that honesty does not exist within religious communities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality