U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM

4,710 posts, read 3,463,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
"Henry Gee knows there is no real science that can confirm the theory. Evolution has been so pushed as a fact, that people are shocked when they discover it is more a belief than real science."
Gee never said this, and you know it. You sir, are losing whatever small bit of integrity you may have had.
Wait, you mean the scientist who wrote

"Darwinian evolution by natural selection is taken as a given in IN SEARCH OF DEEP TIME, and this is made clear several times e.g. on p5 (paperback edition) I write that "if it is fair to assume that all life on Earth shares a common evolutionary origin..." and then go on to make clear that this is the assumption I am making throughout the book. For the Discovery Institute to quote from my book without reference to this is mischievous."

actually believes that evolution happened? Who could have known?

I guess his observation that "The Discovery Institute has used unauthorized, selective quotations from my book IN SEARCH OF DEEP TIME to support their outdated, mistaken views." should apply to creationists in general.

http://ncseweb.org/webfm_send/748 (PDF warning)

So, since C34 thinks that Gee is a reliable scientific source, we can expect him to be consistent and have the integrity to admit that creationism is an "outdated, mistaken view", right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,830,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:

In the two and a half years I've been posting on this forum the statement you just made is by far the most ridiculous post I have ever read.
And this person HOME SCHOOLED her kids!!!!! Talk about abuse!!! Scary there are more out there.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 AM

2,893 posts, read 3,451,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And this person HOME SCHOOLED her kids!!!!! Talk about abuse!!! Scary there are more out there.
And the kids *still* probably have a better education than the dreck public schools are shoveling nowadays.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM

1,266 posts, read 996,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
And the kids *still* probably have a better education than the dreck public schools are shoveling nowadays.
Really? Well we'll see how far their "better education" gets them when they find out the real world doesn't run on memorized bible verses and "Goddidit"

Old 08-25-2009, 11:45 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,830,241 times
Quote:
No thanks, I would rather have my kids learning about science and history from a public school than someone that only teaches based on what the Bible says!!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Really? Well we'll see how far their "better education" gets them when they find out the real world doesn't run on memorized bible verses and "Goddidit"

In a country of 85% Christians, much of this society does indeed run on bible verses and "Goddidit". Very few occupations need scientific or logical minds. If they can read, write, do basic math, they are better off than many public schooled kids nowadays, many of which graduate unable to read a novel or compose an essay.

Despite their religious indoctrination, these kids can probably read long dry boring texts and retain some of it.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
No thanks, I would rather have my kids learning about science and history from a public school than someone that only teaches based on what the Bible says!!
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was saying religious homeschool is right for your kids.

The homeschooled kids consistently test higher, learn faster, and retain more, regardless what the religious environment is.

Now, that is either a testament to a buttload of religious Moms, or a condemnation of the quality of our public schools.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 AM

4,805 posts, read 5,301,998 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was saying religious homeschool is right for your kids.

The homeschooled kids consistently test higher, learn faster, and retain more, regardless what the religious environment is.

Now, that is either a testament to a buttload of religious Moms, or a condemnation of the quality of our public schools.
Even when "Mom" is teaching her kids that the Sun is a giant crystal revolving around the Earth--the same Earth that is NOT a planet?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Even when "Mom" is teaching her kids that the Sun is a giant crystal revolving around the Earth--the same Earth that is NOT a planet?

And how is that knowledge necessary to prepare a taco or flip a burger?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:04 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,643,880 times
Quote:
FYI. My "kids" are well grown, and are tax paying productive members of society -and some even have grandchildren of their own; one has a BS from University of Washington is a graduate of the School of Dentistry there, and all are equally successful in their chosen fields.
No on will go wrong who learns what God said, and believes Him.
His Word "is true from the beginning", and "He has magnified His word above all His name".
If Eve had believed His Word instead of the serpent's doubting that God meant what He said, and then not tempted Adam, then we would not be a fallen race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality