Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I haven't read through the entire thread, but didn't Darwin once quoted that he got ill when he looked at a peacock's feathers because it reminded him of God staring at .him back in the face?

The triune Godhead is everywhere, down to the atom
Does this not irritate the s#!t out of you?

I have not read the entire thread then blah blah blah.

Hey, read it and then comment, you are just raising stuff that has already been addressed and will no doubt just be attacked for it as you have been.

As for your trinity, the only one worth anything is this

http://www.fueldoors.com/mainpics/3in1oil.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Real educated response there justme58...sigh....

Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Huh? Listen, you seem to know everything about what scientists know and thinkk about creation, evolution and missing link...care to explain?

Something more intelligent than we perhaps?
Geez, for the love of higher education....

Anthropologists (of which I am one) discounted any sort of "missing link" nearly 50 years ago. Would you please reach for current scholarship rather than relying on that tired old argument?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
You may not realize this, but most atheists here were once Christians. Many of us were very ardent believers, in fact. Most of us know plenty about Christianity because we have been there personally. And I'm not sure how having a soul would influence a person's ability to research a website's information instead of just automatically believing it.
I apologize for the church that we did not inspire you properly. The issues I have with the church these days are most likely, the same issues many once had, but I refuse to back down, for lack of a better phrase. I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, however, most, if not 99.9% of the church believes He will come back to earth and "save" everyone from evil, antichrist, etc etc. I do not believe this at all. Therefore, I am a heretic, and have been cast out of the church for this reason alone.

He already saved me from evil, in my heart, where His kingdom is.
I hope we can talk further....perhaps.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Geez, for the love of higher education....

Anthropologists (of which I am one) discounted any sort of "missing link" nearly 50 years ago. Would you please reach for current scholarship rather than relying on that tired old argument?

Sure, I am always game for another open ended discussion.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
"Missing link" is an outdated term not used in evolutionary theory or by scientists for oh, thirty years now. So you see little fella, when you use it as if you are making some sort of point, you only make yourself sound as ignorant as you do when you say evolution is "only a theory".
I apologize to you and others for being ignorant.

Quote:
Sure.. but the ridiculously absurd and blatantly man-made Bible god? Sorry, not a chance. There's nothing intelligent about the Bible or its god.
Except a few thousand years of fulfilled prophecy and over 25000 manuscripts dating from the 1st century, when all secular manuscripts date the earliest of fifty some odd years before 1000AD.....

I choose the first as being the truth.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times
Quote:
Real educated response there justme58...sigh....
aw, gee thank you

Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 PM

Your welcome justme58, however, I don't think you were being sincere

And for the record, I read the OP, and replied to it, isn't that how it works?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,798,591 times
Quote:
Except a few thousand years of fulfilled prophecy and over 25000 manuscripts dating from the 1st century, when all secular manuscripts date the earliest of fifty some odd years before 1000AD.....

I choose the first as being the truth.

*YAWN*

Oh fun.. it's the "fulfilled prophesies" line of BS again. I swear, destroying you people's arguments is sooo monotonous. A bit like folks fighting zombies in those B movies.. blow one of you away and there's always ONE more of you around the corner.

So here we go again...

THERE ARE NO FULFILLED BIBLICAL PROPHESIES. IT'S ALL WISHFUL THINKING

CH110: Prophecy and Bible accuracy

And sorry, but no amount of manuscripts prove your desert tribal totem god and zombie lord are real any more than 25,000 copies of The Lord of The Rings makes Gandalf, Sauron or Frodo real.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 PM

LOL MrBlueSky...that was a real educated response as well. Do you guys get together and hash out these things and hope to convince people like myself of this? It doesn't work you know.

And BTW, how do you know, with all your infinite...or wait...should I say...finite wisdom that they are not fulfilled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality