Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 11:31 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes, it's apparent in very many instances.

But I would add the descriptor "fundamentalist." Many CD Christians are liberals and well educated. But those who adhere to more fundamentalist-type sects tend to exhibit poor cognitive and writing skills.
Hence, the reason they are fundamentalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth1983 View Post
I didn't say the home is the only place for a woman. I said its the place for a woman who chooses to have a family and desires to have a successful one. I am happily married with two boys. I thank God for his design and I am reaping the benefits of it. I am a true libertarian. I want equal rights and opportunities for all. Before divorce was celebrated, literacy, graduation rates, and employment were high. Crime, poverty, welfare dependantancy, we're low. Now, a single mom is 70 times more likely to live in poverty after a divorce. This isn't rocket science. Do think our country is in a better place before no fault divorce was legalized in the 60s or better today? Do you think children benefit more from a fatherless home or a solid family unite? Do you think woman are more satisfied by a paycheck today and being told by the daycare worker about her child's first steps or being at home being there for all her child's big moments? Do we have a higher graduation rate today? Is there less violence today? Are young men respecting woman today? Understand we can't have it both ways. Don't have a family and leave them to be raised by strangers and the state and be surprised when your kids are disrespectful, uneducated, violent, full of anxiety and forced on meds for their behavior, or commit suicide because they feel like no one loves them. Now, I know there exceptions and people become successful in life from all backgrounds and family units but the numbers don't lie. Children with a traditional family are much better off. I love you all and pray we see the simples truths in life and return to the plan God gave us.
If a woman lives in poverty with her children after a divorce it is up to her ex-husband to care for his children and bring them, and their mother out of poverty. His responsibilities do not end after divorce and neither does hers. If the divorced woman needs to remain home with the children her ex-husband needs to provide. Far too many men see divorce an a way out of their responsibilities to their children.

I come from generations of working women. Not a serial killer among us...... yet.

When this country was at war it was the women that worked making planes, ships, and every other product in this nation.

I am glad divorce is easier today. There is no reason to stay in an abusive relationship, or an unhealthy relationship.

Other countries have successful day care providers and their crime rate is negligible. You are blaming women for problems you cannot solve and do not want to solve.

We have worked and managed to raise children. I have enjoyed every minute.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:46 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I keep my men on leashes.
I keep leashes on my men.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:09 AM

6 posts, read 3,736 times
Forgive me for my terrible grammar, spelling, and lack of paragraphs I didnt realize that we were creating literary works of art. I was under the impression these sites are for a tongue and cheek dialog for entertainment. I'll be sure to call the local web post editor to make sure my big thumbs are striking my tiny phone correctly and have the most updated auto-correct setting activated from here on out. Sounds like some of you didn't get hugged enough as a child and are proud members in the new social justice warrior, safe space seeking, professionally victimized, forever butt hurt generation. First, English isn't my native tongue. Second, it is always funny to me that when some one disagrees with a post they criticise the poster personally with assumptions on who they are and how dumb they may or not be. And, I clearly defended the freedom woman should have to be all that they want to but just not be surprised when they have crappy families and also acknowledge the exceptions.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:17 AM

15,861 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
I didn't say the home is the only place for a woman. I said its the place for a woman who chooses to have a family and desires to have a successful one. I am happily married with two boys. I thank God for his design and I am reaping the benefits of it. I am a true libertarian. I want equal rights and opportunities for all. Before divorce was celebrated, literacy, graduation rates, and employment were high. Crime, poverty, welfare dependantancy, we're low. Now, a single mom is 70 times more likely to live in poverty after a divorce. This isn't rocket science. Do think our country is in a better place before no fault divorce was legalized in the 60s or better today? Do you think children benefit more from a fatherless home or a solid family unite? Do you think woman are more satisfied by a paycheck today and being told by the daycare worker about her child's first steps or being at home being there for all her child's big moments? Do we have a higher graduation rate today? Is there less violence today? Are young men respecting woman today? Understand we can't have it both ways. Don't have a family and leave them to be raised by strangers and the state and be surprised when your kids are disrespectful, uneducated, violent, full of anxiety and forced on meds for their behavior, or commit suicide because they feel like no one loves them. Now, I know there exceptions and people become successful in life from all backgrounds and family units but the numbers don't lie. Children with a traditional family are much better off. I love you all and pray we see the simples truths in life and return to the plan God gave us.
Show your source for these claims please. I would especially like for you to demonstrate causal factors between working mothers and ?divorce rates going up? or whatever point you were making. I'm glad you were able to stay home if that is what you choose. For some of us it is not a viable option. Who said my child was raised b y strangers? My husband and I worked opposite shifts when she was a baby and I often went on 4 hours of sleep a day because I worked overnights. It was excruciating but it was what I had to do. Even after 5 years of saving up for a child my husband already had obligations to his oldest daughter and his wage wasn't that high. It was either work and have a child or work and not. If anyone would have stayed home it would have been him because I earn more.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Forgive me for my terrible grammar, spelling, and lack of paragraphs I didnt realize that we were creating literary works of art. I was under the impression these sites are for a tongue and cheek dialog for entertainment. I'll be sure to call the local web post editor to make sure my big thumbs are striking my tiny phone correctly and have the most updated auto-correct setting activated from here on out. Sounds like some of you didn't get hugged enough as a child and are proud members in the new social justice warrior, safe space seeking, professionally victimized, forever butt hurt generation. First, English isn't my native tongue. Second, it is always funny to me that when some one disagrees with a post they criticise the poster personally with assumptions on who they are and how dumb they may or not be. And, I clearly defended the freedom woman should have to be all that they want to but just not be surprised when they have crappy families and also acknowledge the exceptions.
You continue to blame women. I happen to speak English and bad English. What is your point?

You have much to say about women and their faults. You are not holding men responsible for raising their children. Funny how you are giving them a pass.

But.....but... it is right there in the Book of Excuses... Men have to strut, and protect and kill. Women ... well, women have to do everything else, so everything else is their fault.

hahahahahaha I find you amusing.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I clearly defended the freedom woman should have to be all that they want to but just not be surprised when they have crappy families and also acknowledge the exceptions.
I'll cut out your butt hurt ranting, and instead focus on this tidbit of idiocy.

Sure, you "defended" a woman's freedom by saying she was a crap mother with a crap family unless she was a stay at home mom, and catered to her husbands every need (You must be one lazy guy!). That isn't defending anything except your ignorant views on working women. All it shows is how small a man you really are. Pathetic.

Last edited by southernbored; 09-21-2016 at 08:26 AM..

Old 09-21-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You continue to blame women. I happen to speak English and bad English. What is your point?

You have much to say about women and their faults. You are not holding men responsible for raising their children. Funny how you are giving them a pass.

But.....but... it is right there in the Book of Excuses... Men have to strut, and protect and kill. Women ... well, women have to do everything else, so everything else is their fault.

hahahahahaha I find you amusing.

Yes, what a sad, sad, little poster. Unfortunately, I don't find him amusing, since he said working mothers can't have successful families or be successful mothers. I happen to know that isn't the case, having been raised (along with my sister) by a mother who worked (also my father, so I was not raised by a single mom), and my wife is a great mom, and has always worked. Oh, her mom worked when she and her sister was growing up too. Not a delinquent among us. In fact, we are all pretty successful at this point in our lives (Nurse, Accountant, Marketing Manager, Restaurant owner, all under 30), which blows his small minded, ignorant "theory" out of the water.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Yes, what a sad, sad, little poster. Unfortunately, I don't find him amusing, since he said working mothers can't have successful families or be successful mothers. I happen to know that isn't the case, having been raised (along with my sister) by a mother who worked (also my father, so I was not raised by a single mom), and my wife is a great mom, and has always worked. Oh, her mom worked when she and her sister was growing up too. Not a delinquent among us. In fact, we are all pretty successful at this point in our lives (Nurse, Accountant, Marketing Manager, Restaurant owner, all under 30), which blows his small minded, ignorant "theory" out of the water.
I come from generations of working women. Not a serial killer among us.... yet.

I worked full time, and loved every minute of being a parent, and really enjoy my children as adults. In Act 2, I

I am always amused at the ignorance of faith especially when they blame women for their own shortcomings and failures. They cover themselves with the Book of Excuses.

I cover them with all the irreverence they deserve.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I come from generations of working women. Not a serial killer among us.... yet.

I worked full time, and loved every minute of being a parent, and really enjoy my children as adults. In Act 2, I

I am always amused at the ignorance of faith especially when they blame women for their own shortcomings and failures. They cover themselves with the Book of Excuses.

I cover them with all the irreverence they deserve.
I come from a family where EVERYONE, men and women alike, work. We came to this country as indentured servants a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago, and as far back as I can trace my family tree, we were filled with working men and women. No one in my family has ever been in any real trouble, they are all loving parents who would do anything for their kids. That's why I feel so strongly about the ignorance of the OP, who thinks we should all be a bunch of degenerate A-holes since our moms worked. It's plain dumb.

I am amused at times, but when you start calling my wife and mom bad parents because they worked, I stop being amused, ya know? They are hard working women who love their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality