Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Why do you hate god? Let me say that if I did indeed hate god, which I don't since I am skeptical of his existance, it would be because during my time as a believer it seemed as though I was totally ignored by said god. If the bible were true then the things I was praying and begging god for (like an idiot who believes in Santa) would have happened. Ya know...ask and you shall recieve and all that crap....
Pardon me for being blunt here, but I have to ask: did you just began praying to a god you did not know as if he were a Santa Claus, or a genie from a bottle, whose existence was only to serve you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
god should send its many sons, i.e. us. In fact, it should be 24/7. Humanity is the church of Jesus. Is that not what he meant by rebuilding his temple in three days? Acts of evil should be met by an overwhelming force of love toward the unfortunate. Doing so will rebuild the physical or political destruction of any church.

we are god. We should keep the sacred covenant we have with each other and with our ancestors and generations to come. Waiting for saviours to be identified is wasting time. god on earth is within the reach of every soul on this planet.

S.
Pretty puny gods.
No power to keep themselves alive, mush less another human being alive.Ecc 8:8 [There is] no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither [hath he] power in the day of death: and [there is] no discharge in [that] war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

If one is rich, then they cannot even redeem themselves or a brother:
Psa 49:6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: ...Psa 49:9 That he should still live for ever, [and] not see corruption/death.
And no power to enter into heaven, in the corrupted Adam nature;
Psa 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
But the cleansed and purified [by the blood of Atonement of Jesus] can enter into the heavenly Hill and Holy of Holies of YHWH;
PSalm 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
If I believed in a Christian God, I would hate him for killing all those children for no good reason, and for demanding that my human brothers serve him like slaves.

I would also hate him for telling his followers to kill all the men of the non-christian villages, and forcing their women to be their sex slaves. I guess I would hate him for creating desire in humans and then forbidding them to satiate the same. I would hate him for punishing children for the sins of their parents, particularly when those "sins" weren't in the least bit immoral.

But that's just the Christian God.

I think there are some other putative Gods that might actually be pretty cool, if I really believed they existed. There are some interesting ones out here in Palau.
There isn't a god like you said you would hate if he was a god.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Than it shouldn't matter what I believe, right? It shouldn't matter if I believe your God exists or not. If your God is understanding and forgiving enough to see past my humanity and realize that it need not matter whether I worshiped him or not, whether I acknowledged his existence, or whether I spent an iota of my life honoring what you believe to be true than why should it matter?

I would harbor no ill will or hatred towards such a thing, if it existed (which I still don't feel it does).

However, if your God is truly concerned with whether or not I acknowledge him, whether or not I bow down to his petty demands and whether or not I consistently worship him so as to cast me into a fiery pit of doom for eternity than I have a big problem with that. Whether such a thing existed or not I would absolutely hate the idea of such a thing.

Neither of the two examples stated above prove or disprove the existence of said thing. However, they do set a decent standard of measurement (in my opinion) as to whether or not I would even come within a hair's breadth of wanting to worship something.
You got it a bit wrong, though; God doesn't demand that you bow down and worship Him. You will freely do so however, when you stand before Him and see His face, but I am sorry that it will be too late then, He now offers you the glory indwelling and fellowship of worshiping Him because of knowing Him, and dwelling in his presence forever. He made a place for all the seed of Adam who do not want to be a part of His glorious plan to go to, where they will never have to see His face or have His Light, for all eternity.
Right now; "in Him we live and move and have our being", but when He withdraws His Light from those who do not want Him, then they will dwell in the blackness of darkness forever -without one shred of His Glory or Light, forever. They think that is what they want, because they are deceived, willfully, now; but they will not be happy then, when they see Him, and all will bow the knee and confess with the tongue by their own freewill that Jesus is indeed the LORD of Glory, and they will lament their loss of His Light forever.

But today? -He is calling all men to repent and believe the Gospel, but He demands that no sinner bow the knee to Him without their freewill. It is the love of God that is calling all to come to Him to be made free from sin, death and corruption, and to be His adopted sons in the New Man name.

When all bow of their own freewill, but too late -Enoch 63;
Quote:
[Chapter 63]
1 In those days shall the mighty and the kings who possess the earth implore (Him) to grant them a little respite from His angels of punishment to whom they were delivered, that they might fall 2 down and worship before the Lord of Spirits, and confess their sins before Him. And they shall bless and glorify the Lord of Spirits, and say:
' Blessed is the Lord of Spirits and the Lord of kings,
And the Lord of the mighty and the Lord of the rich,
And the Lord of glory and the Lord of wisdom,

3 And splendid in every secret thing is Thy power from generation to generation,
And Thy glory for ever and ever:

Deep are all Thy secrets and innumerable,
And Thy righteousness is beyond reckoning.

4 We have now learnt that we should glorify
And bless the Lord of kings and Him who is king over all kings.'

5 And they shall say:
' Would that we had rest to glorify and give thanks
And confess our faith before His glory !

6 And now we long for a little rest but find it not:
We follow hard upon and obtain (it) not:

And light has vanished from before us,
And darkness is our dwelling-place for ever and ever:

7 For we have not believed before Him
Nor glorified the name of the Lord of Spirits, [nor glorified our Lord]

But our hope was in the sceptre of our kingdom,
And in our glory.
8 And in the day of our suffering and tribulation He saves us not,
And we find no respite for confession
That our Lord is true in all His works, and in His judgements and His justice,
And His judgements have no respect of persons.
And we pass away from before His face on account of our works,
And all our sins are reckoned up in righteousness.'
10 Now they shall say unto themselves: ' Our souls are full of unrighteous gain, but it does not prevent us from descending from the midst thereof into the burden of Sheol.'
11 And after that their faces shall be filled with darkness
And shame before that Son of Man,
And they shall be driven from his presence,
And the sword shall abide before his face in their midst.

12 Thus spake the Lord of Spirits: ' This is the ordinance and judgement with respect to the mighty and the kings and the exalted and those who possess the earth before the Lord of Spirits.'

Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Sorry but Jesus has answered my prayers so many times in so many ways concerning so many things that I would be the worst liar in creation and the biggest fool to deny the facts of His interventions in my life and the lives of friends and family members over the past 40 years of walking with Him. And yes, I have medical proofs of answers to prayers; but what would that mean to you who do not believe and who do not want to believe?

If you had prayed to BOB you would have achieved the same results.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Looking at these posts our questioner yeshuasavedme is clearly still not getting it.

"We don't hate God"

"Yes, but what it is it that turned you against Him?"

"I didn't turn against him, I just don't belive it."

"Yes, but what was it that angered you so as not to believe?"

"I didn't get angered. I just didn't believe.

"Yes but what event was it.."

You still don't get it? You still don't understand that people don't believe in God because it doesn't seem believable.

People are all born atheists. if you don't understand that, think about it. Some never come to believe, some come to believe and then find they can't believe any more.

What you are doing, yeshuasavedme, is trying to find the One ThingThat makes us atheist. once you know what that is, you can find some suitable apologetics argument that will remove our doubts and make us nice little believers.

Doesn't work like that. The whole ecclesiastical edifice is a structure of ill-fitting and crumbling building components held together with the supaglu of faith.

Once one asks questions - really asks questions - not just presenting apologetics fishooks to catch the unwary in (to mix the fishy metaphor) a web of deceit - the faith dissolves and it starts to fall apart. It is then that the anger starts, when it is realized how one had been fooled.

You may deny that you are just trying evangelical tricks. You give yourself away though by falling into preaching mode and the 'How atheism destrpoyed my brother but jesus saved him from the gutter!" story.

Pardon me, I don't know you or your brother any more than I know Lionpainter and his golf - course, but I do know that anyone who takes a Christian apologist's 'proof of God' story on trust is begging to be fooled.
You misread. My brother chose to call himself an atheist because of his desire to pursue his own vices without conscience. Those vices destroyed his soul. When his suicide attempt failed, he knew his awakening from that attempt was a miracle, and he called a couple golfing companions who were ministers of the Gospel, got down on his knees and "told it all to Jesus", as He said to me. He has never gambled since that day, and he is continuing to be involved with GA as a minister, to help others caught in that grip of destruction to get free.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
If you had prayed to BOB you would have achieved the same results.
That is a foolish statement. You try it and see how far you get.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:01 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
Quote:
You have no evidence that there is no God. In fact, every breath you draw is His own loan to you, stamped with His own Memorial forever "YH-WH"; so each breath you are loaned from Him has the manufacturers name infused within it/stamped upon it. One does not pronounce YH -WH, as a wrod, but one breathes it. YHWH is "Breath/Life", and when you listen to your brething you are hearing His name.
I don't need to prove there is no god. The onus is on the one making the assertion that x is true. You're the one positing that god exists, therefore it is up to you to prove it. You have never substantiated your beliefs with empirical evidence, therefore it is logical to not accept the truth of your claims.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:03 PM

244 posts, read 299,027 times
Quote:
No comparison. .
That's convenient, it comes from your bible. I guess if you don't like one version, find or create another, eh?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
Quote:
Sorry but Jesus has answered my prayers so many times in so many ways concerning so many things that I would be the worst liar in creation and the biggest fool to deny the facts of His interventions in my life and the lives of friends and family members over the past 40 years of walking with Him. And yes, I have medical proofs of answers to prayers; but what would that mean to you who do not believe and who do not want to believe?
What are these 'medical proofs' of which you speak? Also, can you empirically prove that your prayers were answered by a deity rather than your own hard work. Also, do have anything other than your say-so that any of your argument is true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality