Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
To any one or all of you professing athiests:
On this forum you take delight in mocking God and mocking Believers in Christ. I sincerely wonder what it is in your individual lives that make you so hardened to Him?
I mean, what event has happened in your life to make you think that God doesn't love you, or have your best interests in His heart?

You weren't born with hatred in your heart, it had to be developed, over time. So what started your hatred?

I don't hate your god any more than I hate Rumplestiltskin.

So, why do you hate and mischaracterize atheists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
YSM asks:

"So what started your hatred?"

1) discussion an debate does not equate with "hatred".

2) dislike of others' meddling insults may eventually foment "hatred" towards them, not their icons.

3) Christianity has long promoted hatred and divisiveness.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:28 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
YSM asks:

"So what started your hatred?"

1) discussion an debate does not equate with "hatred".

2) dislike of others' meddling insults may eventually foment "hatred" towards them, not their icons.

3) Christianity has long promoted hatred and divisiveness.
I asked about why 'you' hate God. I actually did wonder why some of you who attacked me so viciously when I first came here and began to write on this board hated God so much, because it seems to me that if one just doesn't believe in something, they don't spend their days trying to slander it, and curse it and belittle it. I mean, if it does not exist, why spend so much time and effort attacking it?

If Jesus Christ has gotten under your skin, are you sure it is the Jesus of the Bible? If He has, and you hate him for it, then doesn't that mean that you admit that He has hit the nail on the head, as to your personal condition and need?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:14 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
Quote:
I asked about why 'you' hate God. I actually did wonder why some of you who attacked me so viciously when I first came here and began to write on this board hated God so much, because it seems to me that if one just doesn't believe in something, they don't spend their days trying to slander it, and curse it and belittle it. I mean, if it does not exist, why spend so much time and effort attacking it?

If Jesus Christ has gotten under your skin, are you sure it is the Jesus of the Bible? If He has, and you hate him for it, then doesn't that mean that you admit that He has hit the nail on the head, as to your personal condition and need?
**cough**hypocrite**cough**

By your own criteria, unbelievers in...oh, say Mormonism...should find something better to do than slander, curse, and belittle IT.

"Do as I say, not as I do"...for me, that is the biggest turn-off of all that I have to any and all organized religions, and the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the loud-mouthed and intolerant 'devout'.

Per the question in the OP, I also do not hate what I don't believe in. An idea/ideology/religion is fine...in and of itself. When their followers attempt to impose their own beliefs onto me, I get offended. Period.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:35 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,668 times
Quote:
To any one or all of you professing athiests:
On this forum you take delight in mocking God and mocking Believers in Christ. I sincerely wonder what it is in your individual lives that make you so hardened to Him?
I mean, what event has happened in your life to make you think that God doesn't love you, or have your best interests in His heart?

You weren't born with hatred in your heart, it had to be developed, over time. So what started your hatred?
I could ask you why you hate Belenus, Brigit, Cernunnos, Lugh, Medb, Morrigan, some of the Celtic Gods and Goddesses?

Oh, you don't believe in them?

Hmmm....what does that tell you?

Old 02-15-2010, 03:09 PM

310 posts, read 589,399 times
Quote:
I asked about why 'you' hate God. I actually did wonder why some of you who attacked me so viciously when I first came here and began to write on this board hated God...
If I went into the automotive forum, and I posted that the magical fairies that propel my vehicle down the street were no longer following my commands, and vehemently and delusionally denied it every time someone told me that my car was simply out of gas and wasn't powered by fairies, then I expect o would be ridiculed too. If I persisted in such lunacy, I am pretty sure I'd meet the same contempt and utter incredulity of responses that you have received here for your wholly unfounded, illogical, and inconceivable opinions on so many things.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:

Atheists wouldn't spend so much time attacking your beliefs if christians didn't try to put their religious beliefs into law.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:57 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,816 times
Quote:
If it does exist, why spend so much time and effort in defending it?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
I am constantly amused by those who equate vehement disagreement with them to "hatred for god". Atheists can't hate what they don't believe in. Agnostics don't know what it is or even if it is, so they can't hate it. Believers of other religions can't hate it because they believe in an "it" as well. So that leaves a common denominator. If "god" isn't the object of ire, then what could it be...hmmm... let's think...oh yeah! Some of its followers! Ding, ding, ding...tell Fullback what he's won Johnny!

Last edited by Fullback32; 02-16-2010 at 10:25 AM..

Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I am constantly amused by those who equate vehement disagreement with them to "hatred for god". Atheists can't hate what they don't believe in. Agnostics don't know what it is it or even if it is, so they can't hate it. Believers of other religions can't hate it because they believe in an "it" as well. So that leaves a common denominator. If "god" isn't the object of ire, then what could it be...hmmm... let's think...oh yeah! Some of its followers! Ding, ding, ding...tell Fullback what he's won Johnny!
You have won the clarity of thought award, Fullback . . . what you speak of is a self-defense mechanism. The disdain and disrespect for the absurd and ridiculous BELIEFS people hold ABOUT God . . . is interpreted as a hatred of their God. They translate it as a sign that they are being "persecuted" for supporting their God . . . (just as their God was persecuted . . for Christians) . . . when it is ACTUALLY the irrationality and absurdity of WHAT they believe ABOUT their God that is the target . . . NOT the sincerity of their belief IN their God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality