U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
 
Location: FL/TX Coasts
1,456 posts, read 3,695,518 times
Reputation: 431

Advertisements

What religion is growing the fastest?
Why is this religion growing the fastest?
Regards,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2007, 03:08 PM
 
2,967 posts, read 1,630,923 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
What religion is growing the fastest?
Why is this religion growing the fastest?
Regards,
I believe the Islamic religion is growing the fastest by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2007, 03:09 PM
 
2,967 posts, read 1,630,923 times
Reputation: 658
Here's a link
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.islam/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 AM
 
22 posts, read 25,557 times
Reputation: 11
islam of course
we can check stastistics
why?
because it is the true religion
and ALLAH says in quran :
"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam never will It be accepted of (Surah Aal'imraan 3:85)
so it is religion witch will direct us to paradise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 05:57 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 1,981,053 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
What religion is growing the fastest?
Why is this religion growing the fastest?
Regards,
islam religion is the fastest , the reasons i think that the propoganda and attacks against islam early attracted many of people to read about islam relegion and biography of the prophet mohammed (pbuh) and his teaching .

the fast growing of islam started to incerase largly after 11 / 9 event
when the media condemned muslims for that by saying that islam relegion is the most violent relegion in the earth and that it's follower killing people because of thier relegion made the people to assure from these informations by reading about it , which made thier researchs ending with thier converting to islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 06:16 AM
 
4,512 posts, read 6,550,148 times
Reputation: 811
Question it started to grow quite some time before...

... and out of a terrible anger and disappointment over broken promises.
How naive can we choose to remain?


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,863,714 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioula View Post
islam of course
we can check stastistics
why?
because it is the true religion
and ALLAH says in quran :
"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam never will It be accepted of (Surah Aal'imraan 3:85)
so it is religion witch will direct us to paradise



funny, but Jesus (whom you would say you consider a prophet) said

Matt 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the way is spacious that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

Being popular or big doesn't mean it's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 02:13 PM
 
22 posts, read 25,557 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
funny, but Jesus (whom you would say you consider a prophet) said

Matt 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the way is spacious that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

Being popular or big doesn't mean it's right.
I believe in Essa (you call him jesus) peace be upon him
and all muslims belive that he is the messenger before MUHAMMED (sala ALLAH aleyhi wasalam)

you speake about your book i think , we believe it but before changes
because
The previous scriptures were meant for a limited period. Their use ended with the revelation of the Qur'an, which abrogated them and exposed their distortions and changes. That is why they were not protected from corruption. They underwent distortion, addition, and omission: "Some of the Jews pervert words from their meanings" (al-nisaa:46);
but about Qur'an
Allah has guaranteed its protection from any play or mischievous distortion: "Indeed, We sent down the message and We will guard it" (15:9), for the Qur'an is a proof against mankind till the Day of Judgment.

It is logical to believe religion which honores all prophets without distinction and all books before changed because now people can't know what is true and what is wrong on, and it is logical to believe the seal prophet

All people who enter islam said that their life is totally changed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 05:53 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,863,714 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioula View Post
I believe in Essa (you call him jesus) peace be upon him
and all muslims belive that he is the messenger before MUHAMMED (sala ALLAH aleyhi wasalam)

you speake about your book i think , we believe it but before changes
because
The previous scriptures were meant for a limited period. Their use ended with the revelation of the Qur'an, which abrogated them and exposed their distortions and changes. That is why they were not protected from corruption. They underwent distortion, addition, and omission: "Some of the Jews pervert words from their meanings" (al-nisaa:46);
but about Qur'an
Allah has guaranteed its protection from any play or mischievous distortion: "Indeed, We sent down the message and We will guard it" (15:9), for the Qur'an is a proof against mankind till the Day of Judgment.

It is logical to believe religion which honores all prophets without distinction and all books before changed because now people can't know what is true and what is wrong on, and it is logical to believe the seal prophet

All people who enter islam said that their life is totally changed


Heck...if it disagrees with what you want to see....throw it out! Seriously...try doing some real comparisons of Biblical manuscript evidence versus that of the koran. They don't compare. Would you be willing to listen if I gave you some real examples of the shortcomings of the koran? Or will you bury your head in the sand and ignore it?

We've got 4 accounts of the ministry of Christ, and a whole cannon of New Testament writings. We've got literally thousands of pieces of manuscript evidence proving it hasn't "changed". You've got what....some writings that may and my not have been written by a warlord bandit about 1300 years ago?

You can believe what you want about the Bible...that's fine. But if you believe the koran is somehow more inspired or perfect then I've got some great "water front" property to sell you in Florida.

Last edited by kdbrich; 01-16-2009 at 06:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 1,981,053 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Heck...if it disagrees with what you want to see....throw it out! Seriously...try doing some real comparisons of Biblical manuscript evidence versus that of the koran. They don't compare. Would you be willing to listen if I gave you some real examples of the shortcomings of the koran? Or will you bury your head in the sand and ignore it?

We've got 4 accounts of the ministry of Christ, and a whole cannon of New Testament writings. We've got literally thousands of pieces of manuscript evidence proving it hasn't "changed". You've got what....some writings that may and my not have been written by a warlord bandit about 1300 years ago?

You can believe what you want about the Bible...that's fine. But if you believe the koran is somehow more inspired or perfect then I've got some great "water front" property to sell you in Florida.
so listen to what Ehrman said here about the bible
Bart Ehrman's 'Misquoting Jesus' : NPR


Ehrman began studying the Bible and its original languages at the Moody Bible Institute and is a 1978 graduate of Wheaton College in Illinois. He received his Ph.D and M.Div. from Princeton Theological Seminary, where he studied under Bruce Metzger. He currently serves as the chairman of the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He was the President of the Southeast Region of the Society of Biblical Literature, and worked closely as an editor on a number of the Society's publications. Currently, he co-edits the series New Testament Tools and Studies.

Ehrman became an Evangelical Christian as a teen. His desire to understand the original words of the Bible led him to the study of ancient languages and to textual criticism, to which he attributes the inspiration for an ongoing critical exploration of the basis of his own religious beliefs, which in turn gradually led to the questioning of his faith in the Bible as the inerrant, unchanging word of God.
He now considers himself an agnostic.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top