Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,832,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
"The seminal Chinese philosopher Chuang Tzu dreamed he was a butterfly. Upon awakening, he wondered whether he was a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was a man. Chuang Tzu's musings underscore a fundamental truth: life is like a dream."

This is only some poetic or philosophical expression.

Whereas in the story of Ibn Seereen interpretation of the dreams: they captured the thief according to his interpretation of that dream.

And in the story of Prophet Joseph they planned the economy of the country of Egypt according to the dream of the king which Prophet Joseph interpreted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 08:05 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,613,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

The true dreams are useful: bearing glad tidings or warning him of something which is about to occur; this is like the dream of Joseph son of Jacob – salam be to them – when he saw eleven planets and the sun and the moon prostrating themselves before him; this is in the Quran 12: 4
إِذْ قَالَ يُوسُفُ لِأَبِيهِ يَا أَبتِ إِنِّي رَأَيْتُ أَحَدَ عَشَرَ كَوْكَبًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ رَأَيْتُهُمْ لِي سَاجِدِينَ

The explanation:
(When Joseph said to his father: "Father, I saw eleven planets and the sun and the moon; I saw them prostrating themselves before me.")

Eleven planets? Was that just symbolism? Or are there eleven planets?

What category do productive dreams fall into? Such as dreams that inspire how to make something new or improved?

Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,709,245 times
Quote:
The true dreams cannot be modified

In the True Dreams that are from angels: such true dreams cannot be modified: because the man is being informed directly or by means of symbols: so how can he modify it, and he should not modify: because he himself wants to know, and the angels wants to tell him something.

While in the confused or psychological dreams: they may try to modify as do they claim, and such dreams reflects the psychological analysis of the dreaming man (and woman).

And in the spiritual False Dreams that are from devils: here man may try to avoid such dreams, because it is almost false and harmful to him.

The true dreams are useful: bearing glad tidings or warning him of something which is about to occur; this is like the dream of Joseph son of Jacob – salam be to them – when he saw eleven planets and the sun and the moon prostrating themselves before him; this is in the Quran 12: 4
إِذْ قَالَ يُوسُفُ لِأَبِيهِ يَا أَبتِ إِنِّي رَأَيْتُ أَحَدَ عَشَرَ كَوْكَبًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ رَأَيْتُهُمْ لِي سَاجِدِينَ

The explanation:
(When Joseph said to his father: "Father, I saw eleven planets and the sun and the moon; I saw them prostrating themselves before me.")

Then many years later, this dream was fulfilled, as in the Quran 12: 100
وَرَفَعَ أَبَوَيْهِ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ وَخَرُّواْ لَهُ سُجَّدًا وَقَالَ يَا أَبَتِ هَـذَا تَأْوِيلُ رُؤْيَايَ مِن قَبْلُ قَدْ جَعَلَهَا رَبِّي حَقًّا

The explanation:
(And he lifted his parents upon the throne; and they fell down prostrate before him. "See father", he said: "this is the fulfillment of my vision of old; my Lord has made it true.")
-----------------------------------------------------

So the planets are the symbols of his brothers because they are the sons of the prophets, and the sun resembles his father Prophet Jacob, and the moon resembles his aunt.
Can you accept any teachings outside of your particular paradigm or are you so locked into your own trip that you are blind to the fact that there are other people on this planet who also have wisdom and perhaps, regarding certain phenomena (like dreams for example), quite a bit more?
Or are you too proud and is it to threatening for you to do so?
Can you be a human being and answer the question(s)? ... like make some contact and not just recite doctrine?
Anyway, at some point in your life (and i imagine that you are quite young so you've got some time) perhaps you will want to open and expand your mind and receive blessings from other paths , other teachings, other religions and other cultures besides your own.
It doesn't mean that you have to abandon what you cherish ... just add to it.
An inclusive attitude is what we need in this world / on this planet at this time, imo.
I do not think that there is any one way to salvation or liberation but i do think that the adept Buddhists are quite advanced (i dare say the most advanced) in the understanding of the nature of mind and consciousness and that understanding ... that awareness ... need not be in conflict with any other religion.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 09-04-2009 at 10:10 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 11:22 PM

63,566 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Can you accept any teachings outside of your particular paradigm or are you so locked into your own trip that you are blind to the fact that there are other people on this planet who also have wisdom and perhaps, regarding certain phenomena (like dreams for example), quite a bit more?
Can you be a human being and answer the question(s)? ... like make some contact and not just recite doctrine?
Clearly he cannot, Coyote . . . that is the worldly link that keeps drawing him out of the pool of water in his dream. He is so indoctrinated and attached to the worldly doctrine of Islam and its stories he cannot stay in the pool and further his spiritual understanding.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Eleven planets? Was that just symbolism? Or are there eleven planets?
The planets of our solar system are nine including the planet of the Asteroids and including also the planet Earth.

But Joseph saw them eleven; because this was a symbol for his eleven brothers.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
Definition

Quote:
What category do productive dreams fall into? Such as dreams that inspire how to make something new or improved?
Like what for example?

Old 09-05-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Anyway, at some point in your life (and i imagine that you are quite young so you've got some time) perhaps you will want to open and expand your mind and receive blessings from other paths , other teachings, other religions and other cultures besides your own.
It doesn't mean that you have to abandon what you cherish ... just add to it.
An inclusive attitude is what we need in this world / on this planet at this time, imo.
I do not think that there is any one way to salvation or liberation but i do think that the adept Buddhists are quite advanced (i dare say the most advanced) in the understanding of the nature of mind and consciousness and that understanding ... that awareness ... need not be in conflict with any other religion.

So you have transgressed on me here with some words: like can you be a human being? and you are quite young ... I remembered a joke of Bernard Shaw: he said: I thought you can be a human being
And I might be older or younger than you; anyhow man will be young always in the world of souls.

However, this is in the Quran 6: 116
وَإِن تُطِعْ أَكْثَرَ مَن فِي الأَرْضِ يُضِلُّوكَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللّهِ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلاَّ الظَّنَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلاَّ يَخْرُصُونَ

The explanation:
(If you obey most of the [people] on earth [in their opinions], they will lead you astray far from God's way [because] they only follow surmise and only they insist on lying.)

This is because most people are atheists, idolaters, and following the doctrines of the enthusiasm about Jesus, and other prophets, saints, imams and sages.

Therefore, the doctrine of the monotheism and devoting to God alone is the true program, and the rest of doctrines and religions are false and erring.

This is in the Quran 39: 64
قُلْ أَفَغَيْرَ اللَّهِ تَأْمُرُونِّي أَعْبُدُ أَيُّهَا الْجَاهِلُونَ

The explanation:
(Say [O Mohammed to the unbelievers]: "Is it, then, to those other than God that you, ignorant men, bid me worship?")

It means: Do you, ignorant men, order me to worship the stone and idols that do not profit nor harm anyone, in stead of worshipping and glorifying God alone without associate?

Or to worship men like Jesus and the saints, Ali and the imams, in stead of worshipping God Almighty Who created all these men, and they cannot do benefit or harm to themselves or to others?

This is about the religion of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

In addition to most erring of doctrines of the idolatry and enthusiasm concerning all other doctrines all over the world now like Hinduism and Buddism.

Moreover, there are other doctrines of the atheism, demon worship ...etc.

Therefore, anyone who seeks after salvation and success in the next afterlife and seeks after the goodpleasure of God,
he should follow the last Prophet: Mohammed and the last Heavenly Book: the Quran, and worship God alone without associate. Or otherwise man will lose in the afterlife, if he does not convert to the religion of the Islam.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
First Comandment

Last edited by eanassir; 09-05-2009 at 05:42 AM..

Old 09-05-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Clearly he cannot, Coyote . . . that is the worldly link that keeps drawing him out of the pool of water in his dream. He is so indoctrinated and attached to the worldly doctrine of Islam and its stories he cannot stay in the pool and further his spiritual understanding.

Now, in my turn I ask both of you:

Can either of you accept any teachings outside of your particular paradigm or are you so locked into your own trip that you are blind to the Glorious Quran of God and are too proud to:

submit yourselves to God alone, and be rightly guided to believe in God alone without associate and in Mohammed the last prophet and the Quran the last revelation from God?

As in the Quran 76: 29-31
إِنَّ هَذِهِ تَذْكِرَةٌ فَمَن شَاء اتَّخَذَ إِلَى رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا . وَمَا تَشَاؤُونَ إِلَّا أَن يَشَاء اللَّهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا . يُدْخِلُ مَن يَشَاء فِي رَحْمَتِهِ وَالظَّالِمِينَ أَعَدَّ لَهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا

The explanation:
(This [soora] is indeed an admonition; therefore whoso likes [to be successful in the afterlife], let him follow a way [leading] to [the Paradise of] his Lord.

But you will not [to follow a way to your Lord] except as God wills; for God is All-Knowing, Most Wise.

He will admit, into His mercy [: His Paradise], whomsoever He will [if that one is not a wrong-doer];

as for the wrong-doers, He has prepared for them a painful chastisement.)

Last edited by eanassir; 09-05-2009 at 06:12 AM..

Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,508,121 times
and here is a picture that imho makes alludsions to satanic verses, however broken-down communications may still become, on this forum and everywhere else..

Old 09-05-2009, 08:59 AM

5,463 posts, read 9,613,993 times
Quote:
The planets of our solar system are nine including the planet of the Asteroids and including also the planet Earth.

But Joseph saw them eleven; because this was a symbol for his eleven brothers.
I understood the symbolic purpose of eleven planets, but just wondered if it was thought (back then) that there may be that many planets. How do you get nine planets. I can understand including the Earth. However, the Asteroid Belt is not regarded as a planet, but rather leftover debris from the Solar System's accretion disk.

Of course, if you include Pluto, then you have nine planets, But now the IAU has demoted Pluto from a planet, and is now regarded a dwarf planet related to the Kuiper Belt. To complicate matters even more, objects like Ceres which lies within the Asteroid Belt, is considered to be a dwarf planet, and Eris which is from the Kuiper Belt and is much larger than Pluto. Then there was the discovery of MakeMake a plutiod dwarf planet. So now we have a blend of planets, dwarf planets, and plutiods.

Planets (8), known dwarf planets (4), and known plutoids (3), and a watch of other dwarf planets (5). Bringing the current known total to 12. The Kuiper Belt could contain many more than are currently known. I know, it makes things more confusing, but it also shows that there's a lot more to the Solar System than previously thought. So it depends on how you look at it. If we're talking about bodies that are now classified as planets, then there are only 8 planets in the solar system (since Pluto has been demoted), which includes 4 rocky planets and 4 gas giants.

The IAU's reclassification of what defines a planet has become a bit more complex, and not all astronomers are happy about it. I suspect there will be another reclassification sometime in the future with respect to gas giant planets, and rocky giant planets (much, much larger than Earth).

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/index.cfm

Quote:
Like what for example?
Regarding productive dreams, I already gave an example: dreams that inspire how to make something new or improved. They may be dreams that inspire a new invention or a new solution for something else.

They aren't daydreams while being awake. They are dreams you can have while you sleep. They could be regarded as problem-solving dreams. But sometimes (just as an example) such dreams might inspire something new, like a new song you hear in a dream, or a new invention, etc. Such dreams might be related to having a difficult time trying to think of a solution while you're awake, but end up finding the solution in a dream when you're asleep.

Last edited by NightBazaar; 09-05-2009 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Added URL

Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I understood the symbolic purpose of eleven planets, but just wondered if it was thought (back then) that there may be that many planets. How do you get nine planets. I can understand including the Earth. However, the Asteroid Belt is not regarded as a planet, but rather leftover debris from the Solar System's accretion disk.

Of course, if you include Pluto, then you have nine planets, But now the IAU has demoted Pluto from a planet, and is now regarded a dwarf planet related to the Kuiper Belt. To complicate matters even more, objects like Ceres which lies within the Asteroid Belt, is considered to be a dwarf planet, and Eris which is from the Kuiper Belt and is much larger than Pluto. Then there was the discovery of MakeMake a plutiod dwarf planet. So now we have a blend of planets, dwarf planets, and plutiods.

Planets (8), known dwarf planets (4), and known plutoids (3), and a watch of other dwarf planets (5). Bringing the current known total to 12. The Kuiper Belt could contain many more than are currently known. I know, it makes things more confusing, but it also shows that there's a lot more to the Solar System than previously thought. So it depends on how you look at it. If we're talking about bodies that are now classified as planets, then there are only 8 planets in the solar system (since Pluto has been demoted), which includes 4 rocky planets and 4 gas giants.

The IAU's reclassification of what defines a planet has become a bit more complex, and not all astronomers are happy about it. I suspect there will be another reclassification sometime in the future with respect to gas giant planets, and rocky giant planets (much, much larger than Earth).

Solar System Exploration: Planets

Although it is not our main topic here about the dreams; but just I have told you: it is the symbol for his eleven brothers, and they infact fell prostrate before him in slautation later on when he became the minister of the king of Egypt. And in this way the dream was fulfilled and verified.

What I mean about the planet of the Asteroids: is the vacant orbit between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter and the Asteroids are there in large number: they are the remnants of a planet whose Doomsday had occurred and it broke up into many asteroids.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
[The mistake of Astronomers about the Asteroids 1]

Quote:
Regarding productive dreams, I already gave an example: dreams that inspire how to make something new or improved. They may be dreams that inspire a new invention or a new solution for something else.

They aren't daydreams while being awake. They are dreams you can have while you sleep. They could be regarded as problem-solving dreams. But sometimes (just as an example) such dreams might inspire something new, like a new song you hear in a dream, or a new invention, etc. Such dreams might be related to having a difficult time trying to think of a solution while you're awake, but end up finding the solution in a dream when you're asleep.

Some of these dreams are from God and His angels inspiring man the science and giving him some knowledge out of God's grace and favor;

and some of such dreams are because of the man himself is occupied by thinking about this science problem or similar problems.

Man after Death
The vision (or dream)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality