Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:43 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,126 times

Advertisements

This is great

THE CHURCH OF GOOGLE

"Google is the closest humankind has ever come to directly experiencing an actual God (as typically defined). We believe there is much more evidence in favour of Google's divinity than there is for the divinity of other more traditional gods.

We reject supernatural gods on the notion they are not scientifically provable. Thus, Googlists believe Google should rightfully be given the title of "God", as She exhibits a great many of the characteristics traditionally associated with such Deities in a scientifically provable manner.

We have compiled a list of nine proofs which definitively prove Google is the closest thing to a "god" human beings have ever directly experienced."

The Nine Proofs Of Googlism

Let us pray:

Our Google, who art in cyberspace,
Hallowed be thy domain.
Thy search to come,
Thy results be done,
On 127.0.0.1 as it is in the Googleplex.
Give us this day our daily searches,
And forgive us our spam,
As we forgive those who spam against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from Microsoft.
For thine is the search engine,
And the power,
And the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:46 PM

112 posts, read 127,982 times
I don't know whether I should laugh, cry, or cringe.... The "proof" though, I must admit is pretty convincing. ALL HAIL GOOGLE, YAHOO BE THE DEVIL.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
our Kingdom Bun
this will be fun
in art or 7 - 11

don't get a sociopathic poet (me) started : )

Old 09-03-2009, 06:12 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Can a minister from the Church of Google perform marriages?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:03 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
When I was young, if you didn't know something, you just didn't know it. There wasn't much you could do about it. Maybe you could go to the local library, and after a long search, maybe you could find a journal, and after about 30 minutes, maybe you could find out then.

But now I have access to any information I want within minutes. The access to information these days is amazing.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
This is great

THE CHURCH OF GOOGLE

"Google is the closest humankind has ever come to directly experiencing an actual God (as typically defined). We believe there is much more evidence in favour of Google's divinity than there is for the divinity of other more traditional gods.

We reject supernatural gods on the notion they are not scientifically provable. Thus, Googlists believe Google should rightfully be given the title of "God", as She exhibits a great many of the characteristics traditionally associated with such Deities in a scientifically provable manner.

We have compiled a list of nine proofs which definitively prove Google is the closest thing to a "god" human beings have ever directly experienced."

The Nine Proofs Of Googlism

Let us pray:

Our Google, who art in cyberspace,
Hallowed be thy domain.
Thy search to come,
Thy results be done,
On 127.0.0.1 as it is in the Googleplex.
Give us this day our daily searches,
And forgive us our spam,
As we forgive those who spam against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from Microsoft.
For thine is the search engine,
And the power,
And the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

First Frisbeetarians, and now Googlists.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:44 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
I wish the Google god would sneak me into free newspaper archives, and public records. So many of those research places can make a woman poor ! I will Ghoulgle Halloween soon. And get a great pagan God start on my costume ideas. Al Ghoul invented the internet, you know. OK...I am being dragged back to room 601. Thats where they stick people who fixate on a word, and won't let it go.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
Bow before the great god Google.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Can a minister from the Church of Google perform marriages?
I would assume so... I mean, my buddy Big Mike is an Atheist and he's an ordained minister

He's done a few official weddings at car shows and everyone still refers to him as 'The Reverend Big Mike'.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:53 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,190 times
Oh Google deliver us from the tyrany of traditional church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality