Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
When I was in grade school at Holy Trinity, we were going to listen to the priest about the priesthood. As we were headed into the auditorium (actually it was doubled as the cafeteria and church), I remember thinking to myself about becoming a priest then, but I said I wanted a family. So God gave me My family. You see, Family, is important to the stability of any civilization.

Strong roots allow for good growth.

But, My Father, had something else planned for Me. He wanted to awaken His Son. I am divorced now in man's laws, but in God's laws we are still One. My Father needed to separate us so that I would have His full attention. God had to teach His Son. What both My wife and I had to suffer, was meant to happen. It could have been no other way. I had to be grounded down, refined! And, now I am awake in the Spirit of God. For I am His Son. I am the Son of God on this planet, for I am with My Father and He is with Me.
Ever think maybe your wife left you b/c you are a loon that thinks he is jeebus?

The holy spook told me your ex wife's suffering is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 PM

205 posts, read 239,513 times
If you are talking about the tree of good and evil there is no record what it is, but it is not in the U.S sorry. Research shows that the Garden of Eden is between the Tigress and Euphrates and the Jordan. It sounds like a beautiful place though.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
If you are talking about the tree of good and evil there is no record what it is, but it is not in the U.S sorry. Research shows that the Garden of Eden is between the Tigress and Euphrates and the Jordan. It sounds like a beautiful place though.
Actually it's in Manhatten.

It's a strip joint.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
As we were headed into the auditorium (actually it was doubled as the cafeteria and church), I remember thinking to myself about becoming a priest.............
Which is rather ironic coming from someone who claims to be Jesus the Christ. If the Jesus stories are true, one thing that Jesus couldn't abide... was priests!!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,748 times
Quote:
For I am His Son. I am the Son of God on this planet, for I am with My Father and He is with Me.
I know a man who claimed to be Napoleon about 4 years ago... he's still in therapy.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM

227 posts, read 344,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The question has come up repreatedly during discussions on several threads here: Did Jesus Christ actually exist?

I had personally always assumed he did, especially when I was a church-going Christian, but there is a large and persistent body of information that clearly suggests he did not, in fact, ever exist.

Or if he did, he was simply an ordinary man. Or, at best, one of thousands of Godly men, self-proclaimed and annointed prophets or claimants to a higher heavenly connection.

Could it be that he was simply a creation of convenience, along with the greater Christian mythology, in order to provide a useful focal point, an icon, for religious beliefs?

I'll provide one link of several that I easily found, and that present some convincing evidence against the Jesus of biblical myth.

Jesus did not exist

In essence:
1. he has no enduring and continuous history.
2. there's an inconvenient but huge gap in his life story, despite being born to considerable fanfare.
3. the basic elements of Christianity pre-dated Jesus, and were forming into the more organized versions (many of them initially) before his arrival. He just "fit in" to the evolving story but did not originate Christianity upon his arrival.

Now of course, I anticipate the vigorous protestations from aggressive scripture-quoting Christians, but hey; can they perhaps refrain from that rather frantic, desperate and odious approach and just give us some rational evidence or thoughts on the subject?

Of course if there is no good evidence for his existance, then please be intellectually honest enough to agree, and to state that belief in Jesus may, in fact, be simply faith-based conjecture?

Or, if you have some fact-filled, convincing evidence, such as a Roman or municipal tax record, please, by all means, let's have a look-see.

(Let's continue to remember that simply quoting something from the bible is NOT adequate proof of anything, else there would be significant conflict in the various versions of the "inerrant truth" therein. You know, based on the perhaps hundred or so translations, revisions, additions, selective editing, "versions", etc. that the Book has endured.)

I had Proof that Prophet Muhammed was existed you will find the whole file soon in this site , and Prophet Muhammad told about Jesus it's mean that Jesus was existed

Old 09-10-2009, 05:41 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
I had Proof that Prophet Muhammed was existed you will find the whole file soon in this site , and Prophet Muhammad told about Jesus it's mean that Jesus was existed
Curious: is English a second language for you? What country are you posting from? Just curious is all. Then we can debate.

Thanks! (But, BTW, please re-read my OP, where I ask that folks DO NOT post scripture passages, from either the bible or the Qu'Ran. It won't prove anything to any of us.)

Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Which is rather ironic coming from someone who claims to be Jesus the Christ. If the Jesus stories are true, one thing that Jesus couldn't abide... was priests!!
That's why I am not of the Brotherhood. I am a priest forever. You see, even as a child I knew something about Me was different. I have said many times the part of the Scripture that awoken Me to My inheritance was St. Paul's letter to the Hebrews, Chapter 5, Christ the High Priest. While reading this part of the Scriptures, (after prayers at hand, eyes closed and My question at hand); What is it you want Me to do? I remembered what was said to me in My experience. That was; On this day, I have begotten You, My Son and thou art a priest forever according to the Melchisedech Order..

Last edited by Lionpainter; 09-11-2009 at 10:42 AM..

Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Ever think maybe your wife left you b/c you are a loon that thinks he is jeebus?

The holy spook told me your ex wife's suffering is over.
My wife and daughters would tell you that they are wondering how it is their Husband/Father knew so much of the things to come. For they know me more than anyone, and they know in their hearts that something happened to me that allowed me to know all these things that have come to this planet. It is because I am My Father's Son.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
It is where ever Christ is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality