Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:54 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Flame on - I luv these exchanges with theists.

Ever see an atheist here correcting me yet? I will wait for you to check out all my posts.
Reading comprehension skills, US does NOT always refer to the god ole' US of A ya know?
Your reputation precedes you and you lot are easy to spot.
Only rude to fundies, the atheists are rational thinkers so need to insult them.
Actually[sic] is not appropriate. All know it is an abbreviation for christian
Ooo geez, the spelling police are here. Run hide, Annie get your gun.
Pretty easy to do with you. The rational ones I do not comment on, just folk like you. See I keep a special list of folk I like to argue with - want to see it?
Yeah, but they are mostly atheists or universalists
Aw geez - you hurt my feelings
Wow, lots of one line snipes and not one that addresses any of what I said to you. It seems the conversation you're having with me i your mind has usurped the one we were having here on the forum.

Enjoy debating the fake BergenCountyJohnny that's in your head, saying the things you want him to say. Good luck with that.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:00 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times
Jebus !!!!

(is there anything that all y'all won't fight about?!!!)

Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Firstly, living in Western new York we get quite a few immigrants from that part of the country.
Still nowhere near as many New Jerseyans as live here in NJ. And I've been to Western NY, you get yinzers and other assorted hicks out there (you know, people who think soda is called "pop"), no New Jerseyan would deign to live in Western NY.

Quote:
It's in yer friggin accent.
No, it's not. Changing an "er" sound to "oi" is a Bronx accent, and has bled into portions of Queens and northern Manhattan. NJ accents do not change the "er" to "oi", ever. We soften the r, or drop it occasionally, I can hear that in how others and I talk. I can hear how we say "cawfee" and "dawter" and "waw-ter", and if we said "joisey" for "jersey" I'd hear that, too. But we don't, ever, unless we're talking about how stupid people are to think that we do.

Quote:
Secondly, being from Western New York, I am hardly a redneck, nor am I ignorant for attempting to point out a very simple and basic fact to you.
Oh, you're as red a neck as can be found. You say "pop" and I bet you are not a Giants or Jets fan but a Steelers, Bills, or Browns fan. You are light years from civilization. I have a cousin who was born and raised in cleveland and she lived in Jamestown for a while, so I know from visiting her what it's like there. Even my cousin felt that compared to Cleveland, it was completely hick out there. You're a Hick, my friend, just accept it. You can't help it.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:17 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Still nowhere near as many New Jerseyans as live here in NJ. And I've been to Western NY, you get yinzers and other assorted hicks out there (you know, people who think soda is called "pop"), no New Jerseyan would deign to live in Western NY.

No, it's not. Changing an "er" sound to "oi" is a Bronx accent, and has bled into portions of Queens and northern Manhattan. NJ accents do not change the "er" to "oi", ever. We soften the r, or drop it occasionally, I can hear that in how others and I talk. I can hear how we say "cawfee" and "dawter" and "waw-ter", and if we said "joisey" for "jersey" I'd hear that, too. But we don't, ever, unless we're talking about how stupid people are to think that we do.

Oh, you're as red a neck as can be found. You say "pop" and I bet you are not a Giants or Jets fan but a Steelers, Bills, or Browns fan. You are light years from civilization. I have a cousin who was born and raised in cleveland and she lived in Jamestown for a while, so I know from visiting her what it's like there. Even my cousin felt that compared to Cleveland, it was completely hick out there. You're a Hick, my friend, just accept it. You can't help it.
Firstly, I'll be sure to let my firend from Jersey know they don't live here.

Secondly, I don't follow sports.

Thirdly, I don't live in Jamestown, or even Chautauqua County, sorry.

Lastly, a Jersey-ite calling anyone a hick is quite funny.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Firstly, I'll be sure to let my firend from Jersey know they don't live here.
Your friend must be imaginary, because he's plural - you referred to him or her as "they". Real people aren't plural, real people are singular.

Quote:
Secondly, I don't follow sports.
I should have known, since sports are something mostly men follow.

Quote:
Thirdly, I don't live in Jamestown, or even Chautauqua County, sorry.
You say that as if there's a difference between Jamestown and the part of Western NY where you live. There isn't. And I'm sure you say "pop" instead of soda, hick.

Quote:
Lastly, a Jersey-ite calling anyone a hick is quite funny.
What's so funny about it? NJ is the only state where every statistical area is a metropolitan statistical area (we have no RURAL statistical areas). There are few hicks in NJ (mostly transplants who move to NJ from placees like Western NY). I'd bet that where you live either IS a rural statistical area or borders one (or more), whether or not it's in Chicataquacaca county (or whatever).

Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Your friend must be imaginary, because he's plural - you referred to him or her as "they". Real people aren't plural, real people are singular.

I should have known, since sports are something mostly men follow.

You say that as if there's a difference between Jamestown and the part of Western NY where you live. There isn't. And I'm sure you say "pop" instead of soda, hick.

What's so funny about it? NJ is the only state where every statistical area is a metropolitan statistical area (we have no RURAL statistical areas). There are few hicks in NJ (mostly transplants who move to NJ from placees like Western NY). I'd bet that where you live either IS a rural statistical area or borders one (or more), whether or not it's in Chicataquacaca county (or whatever).
Wow, ad hominems and strawmen.

Guess I lost.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Wait a minute, I hate sports and last time I checked, I was still a man. Maybe I better check again.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Wait a minute, I hate sports and last time I checked, I was still a man. Maybe I better check again.
Yeah but you live in Middle Tennessee, and there are almost no sports to follow there. Maybe you're a fan of squirr'l huntin'!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:16 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Quote:
Yeah but you live in Middle Tennessee, and there are almost no sports to follow there. Maybe you're a fan of squirr'l huntin'!
Oh believe me, people here are obsessed with sports. It's impossible to go a day without seeing or hearing something about UT, and I HATE the color orange! And no squirrel hunting for me. I can assure you I'm completely out of place here.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
It's to make fun of the name of Jesus. Personally, I prefer pronouncing it the Spanish way--Hay--soos or just saying J-Money Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality