Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times

Advertisements

Take a look at the people on the subway, in the stores, at their jobs...I'm still waiting for life to begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
How odd.
The answers are given to us already by our Creator, and men prefer darkness to Light, and would prefer an alternative creation story so they make up fables about how it came to be!
Yeah,

I believe the entire Universe, and everything in it, was created in 6 days. One man and one woman spawned the entire human race, and they had only sons? If they didn't just have sons, then there was a whole lot of inbreeding going on.

Yeah, THATS a believable story.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,591,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Take a look at the people on the subway, in the stores, at their jobs...I'm still waiting for life to begin.
I thought that was proof positive of the primordial ooze.... At least a primitive form of life surely.

You old cynic you !

Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,536,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
No, no, no...you meant intelligent life. There's evidently a distinction!

Old 09-11-2009, 08:04 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,445,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yeah,

I believe the entire Universe, and everything in it, was created in 6 days. One man and one woman spawned the entire human race, and they had only sons? If they didn't just have sons, then there was a whole lot of inbreeding going on.

They had 33 children, sons and daughters, says the ancient records.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 AM

5,463 posts, read 9,614,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yeah,

I suppose one way to look at that scenario is that although there would be inbreeding among the first few generations, the more noticable results of inbreeding would have taken time to develop over a period of numerous generations. That assumes the first two people would have had very weak negative traits to start out with.

However, as population numbers increase (not to mention the increase of negative traits), the choices in mate selection also increase and there wouldn't be a need to reproduce between closely related family members. In fact it becomes less desirable to inbreed because of such negative traits that would otherwise be passed on to the offspring. When you have greater numbers to choose from, negative traits are still present, but are much more diluted among a much wider variety of other traits.

That's my take on it, although I might be wrong.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
No. YHWH is LIFE/BREATH. He is uncreated, self existing, and unchanging and He exists in three Persons, and He is the father of all the spirits of all flesh.

He created earth first, as a body of water and in darkness, then light, on day 1 of his six evenings and mornings of creation week. Then He divided the water, separating the divided water by a stretched out firmament between them, on day 2 of the six evenings and mornings of creation week.
So there was no heaven/heavens until day 2, and the light "out there" is "from here", stretched out in the firmament on day 2.

Also, comets and asteroids are fragments of the destroyed earth, when at the flood of Noah, the fountains of the deep gushed forth into heaven and burst the mantle before them, hurling great chuncks of earth out into space, where they became orbiting bodies, orbiting with the firmament which orbits the stationary earth.

That is Bible language, and all creation is supernatural. All life is given to creation by the Creator, whose name is "LIFE", and all life is supernaturally sustained and will be supernaturally "melted" in its elements, and regenerated supernaturally for the new beginning of creation; which in the Word is the 8th day of creation, as to the measure of the thousand year days.
I began this thread to discuss reality, not mythology. If you have some facts or theories to add I'd be happy to see them, but can you please keep your religious beliefs out of this discussion.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
They had 33 children, sons and daughters, says the ancient records.
This is what happens when your religious tales are injected into the conversation.....We end up way off topic.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:37 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,305,620 times
I think a lot of people have heard of the experiments done that replicated natural conditions under which amino acids could form.

A Science Odyssey: People and Discoveries: Amino acids are created in laboratory

Those conditions could have been present here on Earth or perhaps they were the conditions on another world that was destroyed, the fragments landing here and life evolving from those amino acids.

There are countless possibilities of how life began here, maybe we'll never now the truth. I think we should definitely keep an open mind though

Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,763,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In 2004...Scientists scanning a galaxy 12 million light-years away with NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope detected copious amounts of nitrogen containing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons molecules critical to all known forms of life.

PANHs carry information for DNA and RNA and are an important component of hemoglobin, the molecule that transports oxygen through the body. They also make chlorophyll, the main molecule responsible for photosynthesis in plants, and – perhaps most importantly – they're the main ingredient in caffeine and chocolate.

In 2009 An amino acid has been found on a comet for the first time, a new analysis of samples from NASA's Stardust mission reveals. The discovery confirms that some of the building blocks of life were delivered to the early Earth from space.

NASA Researchers Make First Discovery of Life's Building Block in Comet

Perhaps there are lots of life forms in the universe much older than earth's, and further I think it is possible that life on earth was actually seeded by these earlier forms of life...
I think there's a good chance of that. It is far more likely in my mind that somehow life made it here in simple form (like bacteria, for example) and took off from there, rather than spontaneously appearing by chance. Maybe the planet was seeded for life on purpose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality