Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 PM

279 posts, read 1,346,438 times

Advertisements

it just boggles my mind that christians feel that people who aren't christians will go to hell when christianity is basically one of the newest "created" religions. there were SO many religions present BEFORE christianity was created so where did all these people go? come on people...let's think logically here...there were a whole slew of people living on Earth BEFORE god even supposedly created it in 7 days so explain that to begin with. so was heaven only created when jesus died? if you serioulsy think outside the box and away from the way and what you were taught to believe your whole life, does the whole christianity concept really make any sense? NO OF COURSE NOT

Knowing everything that you know about science and how people procreate, is an immaculate conception biologially, physically, anatomically possible? OF COURSE NOT

Of course Christianity is unfair..it is discriminitory and ignorant and ...how people can not see through this is beyond my comprehension...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 PM

668 posts, read 679,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
it just boggles my mind that christians feel that people who aren't christians will go to hell when christianity is basically one of the newest "created" religions. there were SO many religions present BEFORE christianity was created so where did all these people go? come on people...let's think logically here...there were a whole slew of people living on Earth BEFORE god even supposedly created it in 7 days so explain that to begin with. so was heaven only created when jesus died? if you serioulsy think outside the box and away from the way and what you were taught to believe your whole life, does the whole christianity concept really make any sense? NO OF COURSE NOT

Knowing everything that you know about science and how people procreate, is an immaculate conception biologially, physically, anatomically possible? OF COURSE NOT

Of course Christianity is unfair..it is discriminitory and ignorant and ...how people can not see through this is beyond my comprehension...
Brilliant! Well said! Please PM me.....

Old 07-20-2007, 08:55 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,242,800 times
Default Think "culture(s)"

Initially, I wasn't going to respond to the original question, but after reading this far, I just have to ask....

What about those Buddhist monks who live in utter isolation, (similiar to Christian monastic monks) who have absolutely no contact with the outside world, who spend much of their lives in utter silence and devotion to their god, and who rise at 3:00 A.M every single morning, in the cold, while it is still dark, for no other reason than to pray for the souls of this world?

Every single morning as we are all still asleep, these individuals wake up, gather, and pray for all mankind...I really don't have a "point" in writing this, except to ask:

What about them????

Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Initially, I wasn't going to respond to the original question, but after reading this far, I just have to ask....

What about those Buddhist monks who live in utter isolation, (similiar to Christian monastic monks) who have absolutely no contact with the outside world, who spend much of their lives in utter silence and devotion to their god, and who rise at 3:00 A.M every single morning, in the cold, while it is still dark, for no other reason than to pray for the souls of this world?

Every single morning as we are all still asleep, these individuals wake up, gather, and pray for all mankind...I really don't have a "point" in writing this, except to ask:

What about them????
I think many of them are old and "retired". It is a Hindu tradition for some of the old Hindus to wall themselves up so they can meditate. Its not always permanent either. I think that Buddhists do it up in Bhutan, and Tibet.

Last edited by Trebek; 07-20-2007 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: eee

Old 07-21-2007, 12:06 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,238,640 times
Quote:

I'm not going to address the other issues here. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, tooshort. But let me just ask this about the above statement,
If God exists, (and you may say He doesn't) is it too much to think that miracles also exist? Of course, an immaculate conception is not physically possible, but as Jesus stated, with God all things are possible!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:04 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,231,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I'm not going to address the other issues here. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, tooshort. But let me just ask this about the above statement,
If God exists, (and you may say He doesn't) is it too much to think that miracles also exist? Of course, an immaculate conception is not physically possible, but as Jesus stated, with God all things are possible!
If God exists then anything IS possible. BUT, the miracles in the bible are not only improbable, but they are a hideous waste of power when you consider where those powers could have been spent.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Is Christianity fair?

I think many Christians are fair in thier belief systems. Jeff and Blue come to mind as Christians who seem to have captured the true meaning of Christianity.

I'm sure there are many more on this forum who are fair as well.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:49 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,238,640 times
Default We'll overlook comment since God made you so cute! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
If God exists then anything IS possible. BUT, the miracles in the bible are not only improbable, but they are a hideous waste of power when you consider where those powers could have been spent.
Oh, brother, ian, If we didn't now know that God made you so cute.....

Old 07-21-2007, 03:54 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,231,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Oh, brother, ian, If we didn't now know that God made you so cute.....
Thanks alot

Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,916,258 times
Quote:

Thank you!

Honestly, the more of this I read, the happier I am to be an atheist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality