Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 11:52 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
I wouldn't post something like this as "true information" unless you are highly qualified (physician) to do so. I don't believe you are correct (such as saying that "actually lesbian sex is known to be the SAFEST") because you have not specified all the behaviors that might be involved, which of course would take this discussion well beyond the PG-13 rating. Please be careful what you post as Moderator.
Where did I say it was "true information", or that I had any medical knowledge? Sorry, but I just don't see that in my post... my words were "it is known to be true", which does imply that others have provided research, which they have. If you want statistics on the lesbian comment, I'd be happy to post them (and they will be PG-13). I may be a moderator, but I'm also just a regular member, and am allowed to contribute my opinions.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 PM

73 posts, read 143,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurnobrien View Post
Dreameyes, I think you have it a litte wrong there. Do you take birthcontrol? I hope not because in christianity birth control is a sin. That would be sinning EVERYDAY, kinda like being gay huh? Did you wait until you were married to have sex? umm lets see. Have you ever yelled at your parents. Have you ever even THOUGHT about cheating? I am sure there is a good chance you do one of these few things. Well guess what, you're as bad as being gay.

I have to say that this part of the post is so true... I never actually thought of it like that. Every time someone would argue with me that being gay was wrong because "you're repeating a sin while knowing youre doing wrong" or whatever, I never thought to say... have you ever had sex before marriage, masturbated, taken birth control, or even simply disobeyed your parents or used the lord's name in vein and also, what many forget, if you are divorced, when you remarry, every time you make love to your new partner you are committing adultery... all of this according to the Bible of course. People are so rediculously quick to judge the "abnormal", things that seem different to them... but they don't realize is that they're doing wrong EVERY SINGLE DAY as well (according to what they believe)..

I believe that Christianity is too much based on what you're doing wrong, basically, let other's live their lives, live your own life and be happy. Faith alone doesn't prove for an afterlife, so this might be all we've got. Make this life amazing because you never know what lies ahead.

Last edited by staceface; 09-01-2007 at 09:04 PM..

Old 09-01-2007, 09:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Default on gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I've been reading a lot of posts today and decided to start this thread because of comments that I've read. By no means am I gay, nor Christian but I am curious where in the Bible does it say that being gay is wrong?

Also, if Christ died for our sins and being gay is a sin, then why couldn't have Christ died for gays' sins as well? We commit sins every day. Some worse than others. Why is it that a murderer who is truly sorry for his sin can be forgiven yet a gay person is constantly judged by Christians?

The only person who should judge is God, right? He is ultimately the one who decides whether we go to heaven or hell so why is it that at the "church level" gays are judged and "kicked out" of their religion?
lots of questions
why forum?? bibles are cheap why not get one from a thrift shop
or free on the internet
why do you feel homo/hetrosexuality is solely a christian issue.
why would you be interested in the bible if you are not a christian?
also the bible or early parts of it are common to jews and arabs as well
so i dont understand why you are perceiving issues of homosexuality as a christian issue
if this helps
leviticus 18:22
peter 2:6
matthew 19:12
best to you in your search
stephen s
san diego

Old 09-02-2007, 12:01 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Hmm, no, I do not see being gay as a "Christian issue".

If you look at the date, I started this post a long time ago. I think probably during that time there were other posts regarding gays so that's why I started this thread. This question was probably triggered by somebody else's post.

I don't want to read the Bible for my answer. I'd rather hear other people's opinions.

No, I'm not a Christian but I grew up with Christian influence so that's prob why I asked about the Bible. Besides, the Bible is read by many non-Christians. It's a good book.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Actually, my SIL is a heroin addict (well, a drug addict in general and addiction runs in the family) and time and time again she goes to church, asks for forgiveness, falls off the wagon and the cycle starts all over again. Yes, her addiction is innate and yes, she does continue her heroin-driven lifestyle. She can be forgiven, empathized even, yet gays are still shunned and outcasted by Christians. To me, that's such an "un-Christian" thing to do.
As a Christian, and a ( born ) sinner it need of forgiveness, I don't believe homosexuality is any worse than adultery, theft, dishonesty etc.
However, I do believe it's a sin in need of forgiveness. What angers me about many in the "gay" culture is that they do not respect my belief. If they don't believe it's a sin, fine. I quess someday the truth will be revealed and we'll all get to see who was correct. In the meantime, why insist that I change my belief if I don't persecute them.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:27 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
http://photos28.flickr.com/38100432_087039809d.jpg

Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 AM

Hmmm. Let me guess. The shadows on the door are incorrect based upon the angle of the light reflecting off the forehead?

Is it a picture of Dr. Kildaire with long hair in a robe holding guns?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
What angers me about many in the "gay" culture is that they do not respect my belief. If they don't believe it's a sin, fine. I quess someday the truth will be revealed and we'll all get to see who was correct. In the meantime, why insist that I change my belief if I don't persecute them.
Although I disagree, yes, you are entitled to your opinions. In the same respect, many gays are also constantly bombarded with folks trying to change "their opinions" as well. It goes both ways.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM

So we will agree to disagree

Old 09-02-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
So we will agree to disagree
-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality