Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Only God knows the heart and HE is the ONLY one that can make this judgment, it is not up to us to speculate on this...IMHO of course.
Well, this seems to be the most Christian thing said on this whole gargantuan thread!

Old 09-03-2007, 04:27 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I really try to steer clear of this topic, but.........

I honestly believe that there are two types of homosexuals. There are those that CHOOSE to be gay for various reasons...those I feel are wrong in that they are CHOOSING to go against God!
However, I believe there are those that are most likely BORN gay...I only believe that because there has been so much research that indicates that to be true!
I cannot see where God would condemn someone to hell if HE CREATED them that way. I can understand being condemned if they are making the CHOICE disobey God, but not if they were born that way.
Only God knows the heart and HE is the ONLY one that can make this judgment, it is not up to us to speculate on this...IMHO of course.

Had my post ready to submit, but Kaw is almost like mine was..My opinion has always been basically the same..I also believe that most people who are homosexual were born that way..I don't think God ever holds something like that against a person..IMO God wants us to be more concerned with teaching all his children about the love he has for them...Not obsessing over their sexual preferences.......

Old 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Strange question: Is there anything that is comparable to homosexuality as far as not being outwardly harmful in some sort of way, and which is generally not chosen, but considered immoral anyway?
I know that I have seen a thread that addresses this in some way. I have not read it. It does not interest me. But when I read your above question, I instantly thought of bi-racial marriages. There are probably some Christians (and maybe it is evedenced in that thread) that believe that people should marry within their own race. This is NOT my opinion. It was just an answer/thought to the question.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:34 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Had my post ready to submit, but Kaw is almost like mine was..My opinion has always been basically the same..I also believe that most people who are homosexual were born that way..I don't think God ever holds something like that against a person..IMO God wants us to be more concerned with teaching all his children about the love he has for them...Not obsessing over their sexual preferences.......
Blue, I agree with you about the love thing. But don't you guys think it is possible that because of the Fall, we have possibly inherited some "tendencies" or "bents if you will" to sin? Researchers seem to be finding all types of genes that seem to predispose people to problems in certain areas such as depression or alcoholism (addiction,I guess.) even tendency to excessive rage and anger I read about recently. This would seem to indicate to me that we could have problems in vaious areas that we were actually "born with." Not like God is holding something against us or loving us any less because of our struggle, but He still wouldn't want us to choose that path even though maybe we had a biological leaning towards it.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Blue, I agree with you about the love thing. But don't you guys think it is possible that because of the Fall, we have possibly inherited some "tendencies" or "bents if you will" to sin? Researchers seem to be finding all types of genes that seem to predispose people to problems in certain areas such as depression or alcoholism (addiction,I guess.) even tendency to excessive rage and anger I read about recently. This would seem to indicate to me that we could have problems in vaious areas that we were actually "born with." Not like God is holding something against us or loving us any less because of our struggle, but He still wouldn't want us to choose that path even though maybe we had a biological leaning towards it.
I think the biggies we inherited from the fall were death, and the knowledge of good and evil. I am sure that one day very soon that science will be able to find a type of genetic trait that causes some things, and that as they learn more about the brain we will have knowledge of causes and prevention of many forms of mental illnesses. Personally, Kay, if I thought that the homosexuality that a person is born of is a sin, then I would have to believe that any terrible affliction that babies are born with are a sin. I could never call an adult who was born with downs syndrom a sinner or an adult who was born with both male and female organs a sinner. I don't know why these things happen or why God allows them to happen. All I do know is that he has a reason for people born with homosexual tendancies, same as with other defects and diseases. When I read testimonies like Rob's, I feel his pain and the guilt that religious people, and others have put on his shoulders. I also marvel that he has kept his faith through it all. In my opinion, what God wants us to understand more than anything are his simple instructions to love..I would be the sinner, if I denied someone this basic foundation of belief..

Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Just a clarification...

Quote:
I think the biggies we inherited from the fall were death, and the knowledge of good and evil. I am sure that one day very soon that science will be able to find a type of genetic trait that causes some things, and that as they learn more about the brain we will have knowledge of causes and prevention of many forms of mental illnesses. Personally, Kay, if I thought that the homosexuality that a person is born of is a sin, then I would have to believe that any terrible affliction that babies are born with are a sin. I could never call an adult who was born with downs syndrom a sinner or an adult who was born with both male and female organs a sinner. I don't know why these things happen or why God allows them to happen. All I do know is that he has a reason for people born with homosexual tendancies, same as with other defects and diseases. When I read testimonies like Rob's, I feel his pain and the guilt that religious people, and others have put on his shoulders. I also marvel that he has kept his faith through it all. In my opinion, what God wants us to understand more than anything are his simple instructions to love..I would be the sinner, if I denied someone this basic foundation of belief..
I wasn't going to post any further on this, since I've made my views known ...and known...and known... But just so no one misunderstands what I am saying I just want to say one further thing to clarify, I in no way, think being possibly born with biolgogical or genetic tendencies (towards homosexuality or anything else) is sinful, only choosing to practice homosexuality do I believe is sinful. And I also feel Rob and other's pain and angst about it lest anyone think otherwise. This is an issue I have thought deeply about, but at the end of the day whatever answers I arrive at, for me, have to line up with the Word of God.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I wasn't going to post any further on this, since I've made my views known ...and known...and known... But just so no one misunderstands what I am saying I just want to say one further thing to clarify, I in no way, think being possibly born with biolgogical or genetic tendencies (towards homosexuality or anything else) is sinful, only choosing to practice homosexuality do I believe is sinful. And I also feel Rob and other's pain and angst about it lest anyone think otherwise. This is an issue I have thought deeply about, but at the end of the day whatever answers I arrive at, for me, have to line up with the Word of God.

aw Kay we, know you well ,and know you wouldn't hurt anyone..Most of us struggle over these issues..Now to take this off topic..I have first dibs on Jeffs little boy.Remember you got to be Dragon's neices auntie

Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
aw Kay we, know you well ,and know you wouldn't hurt anyone..Most of us struggle over these issues..Now to take this off topic..I have first dibs on Jeffs little boy.Remember you got to be Dragon's neices auntie
Well, I guess...

Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
You guys are too funny! kaykay and blue, you are officially aunties!

I actually think kaykay has a proper Christian attitude towards the gay-Christian issue, from the traditional perspective anyway. At least she, while not condoning homosexual acts, believes in showing God's love and compassion towards these individuals. I think that is too often missing in some Christians.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:29 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Strange question: Is there anything that is comparable to homosexuality as far as not being outwardly harmful in some sort of way, and which is generally not chosen, but considered immoral anyway?

I mean, I know people refer to adultery, or pedophilia, or alcoholism as examples, but all those things are harmful in some manner or another, whether to oneself or indirectly to another, whether outwardly apparent or not. But anything else? I mean, I can't seem to find any other subject in all of society that is so hotly contested, and in which both sides are firm in their convictions that their position is right. Homosexuality is virtually the same thing as heterosexuality, except that the object of one's desires and affection happens to be the same gender, as opposed to the opposite one. That's it. The love felt is the same, and of the same intensity. The attraction can't seem to be explained away by anyone. They both are capable of great acts of kindness. Both can value high moral standards, while some can also tread the depths of utter vulgarity. Both are capable of sharing their hearts in unselfish ways. Both can make mad passionate love to their mates, with the fullness of giving themselves body, mind and soul to their mates, and pleasing their mates above themselves. Both can tenderly touch the hands of their mates to let them know they are loved. Both are capable of something beyond what is done with the private parts. Both can look straight through their mates and see their souls. Both can't seem to explain WHY they love who they do.

And it seems both can equally, and with as much devotion, commitment, love and passion, serve the Lord whom they love deeply.

So what is it? I mean, seriously. I'm here, guys. I'm open to hearing what you have to say. I'm open to what GOD has to say. I'm completely open to a supernatural miracle to take place to make me straight - to make me not attracted to men anymore. I'm OPEN to that. So why doesn't that happen?

Is this really THE one "phenomenon" in all of humanity that is the perfect deception?

I think I've said about enough I can ever possibly say about this subject. I'll just sit back and read from now on. And wait for God.
WC,

I take your request very seriously. It's late, and I should be hitting the hay now, but I'll take a brief stab at your question. ( you'll have to forgive spelling and grammer errors though )

IMHO, the "sin" we all have incommon is LUST. I believe lust is the opposite of love. Lust is self centered and selfish. It is a by-product of pride.

As a married man, I have struggled with lust in the marriage bed. And frankly believe lusting after my wife is hurtful to her and to our marriage.

It is a comfort to me to know that GOD has blessed our union, and it is HIS will that we be "fruitful" as a couple. When I focus on the gift of my wife, and the purpose of our union, lust is less of an issue.

I'm not a homosexual, so it is very difficult for me to appreciate your perspective. But if I was involved in a sexual relationship with another man, even if it was without lust, I would find it unfullfilling. For me,the relationship between a man and women fits both physically and spiritually in way that is consistent with my belief in GOD.

Goodnight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality