U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 PM

20,015 posts, read 20,504,668 times
Lilybell, I too am praying for you, your daughter and grandson. Just remember circumstances are not bigger than God. Disease is not bigger than God. He is greater than test and trials, in every crisis He will lift you up and give you strength. With your faith in Him you cannot be defeated.
What an encouragement you are to all of us! Stay strong in His glory and power!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 10:09 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,136,134 times
Lilybell, I am also praying for you and your grandson. My mother is currently going through advanced breast cancer. Keep your spirits up and live to the fullest. I pray that the eyes of his heart open so that he could be filled with the light of heaven. Take care and God bless you all.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:23 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,506,315 times
Lilybell,

May you be filled with the peace of God that passes all understanding. My prayers and thoughts are reaching out to you right now.

"Be still and know that I am God."...Ps. 46:10

Old 05-06-2007, 11:34 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,459,505 times
Wow Lilly!!!

You have so many great folks praying or you!

You are so blessed!

We love you!

Old 05-06-2007, 05:59 PM

190 posts, read 328,725 times
Dear ALPHA 8207,

yes, so many people praying for me it really has me feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel discouraged, day after day, seeing no change, but then this happens. People I don't know telling me they are praying for me. Do you know how encouraged I feel? I can now go on one more day. It's the love, love, love coming through these posts. I am so blessed! Thank you so very much. I send you my love and prayers also.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:10 PM

Dear IRISHMOM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful article from Shirley Jones. I know I wasn't the only one blessed by your post. I know you have little ones to care for each day, and I appreciate so much your thoughts toward me and my grandson. You are a blessing to me. I hope your children are feeling well. Keep in touch!

Old 05-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Dear WILDBERRIES61,

Thank you for your very kind words and for all your prayers. I told my grandson how people that we don't even know were praying for him, and his face lit up and he smiled!! A couple of years ago he entered Teen Challange and he was doing wonderful. After he graduated he didn't stay connected to his christian brothers and evenually stopped going to church. But God, always kept His hand upon him and kept bringing him back. The arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to save. Yes, it's a hard addiction to break, but not too hard for our God!

Old 05-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Dear MIAMI VICE,

I certainly know what your mom is going through and I will lift her up to the Lord. Every Wednesday I meet with a group of women for prayer, and we pray for everyone's needs. We have been getting wonderful answers to our prayers and I promise to remember her and all those who have been praying for me also. Please tell mom never to give up, and keep laughing! Tell mom to treat herself good, to do something nice for herself and keep a positive outlook, besides praying. I do hope she is getting through her treatment. I know it can be rough. Tell her I'm sending her a great big hug!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 06:42 PM

DEAR I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA,

It's so sweet of you to remember me, my daughter and my grandson in your prayers. This does give me so much strength because you and everyone have so much compassion. I'm sure everyone else is going through their own "stuff" and it makes me so happy that you care enough to offer prayers for me and my family. My daughter has been so encouraged, and my grandson also knows it's only a matter of time. He can't out run God!! (smile)
May God bless you my dear sister.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Dear FL TN NANA,

I love the scripture you gave me. It's one of my favorites, because sometimes I find myself running ahead of God. It's hard to walk by faith, but it pleases my God. I wish I could sit and have a cup of coffee with you and everyone here on this forum. We all have a lot to share. I do hope your son is still strong in the Lord. God is so faithful!! Love and blesssing to you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality