Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:12 PM

190 posts, read 686,285 times

Advertisements

Dear FROMCATOGA,

That was a beautiful prayer you offered for my grandson. You espressed what is in my heart, that he would yearn for God, that the desire for heroine would be broken and he would surrender his heart and life to Jesus. The Lord has given me a word for my grandson about ten year ago. Isaiah 57:18
That's what I cling to when he disappears for weeks at a time, when I see him and he's so thin, when I know he feels like a failure everytime he uses, and he can't forgive himself. My daughter is very heartbroken as is every mother who has a wayward child. Those prodigals will keep us on our knees and draw us closer to the Lord. Your prayers give me peace and strength to go on. Thank you so very much. You don't know how much I appreciate you! As for my breast cancer, I was advised to go to Sloan Kettering Hospital for another opinion before I get any more treatment. I think that's good advice, so I will look into that. My daughter has to get checked every three months for this bladder cancer. The last check-up was good. So I praise God for that. It's wonderful that we have the same spirit and the love of God within us. Let us carry each other's burdens. That is pleasing to the Lord. I will always remember you in my prayers also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Dear KAWGPZ550,

When you first posted this thread, my first thought was "what if nobody responds"? Lord, I'm going to feel really bad if no one sends me a post. I kept looking, and looking and it was still 0. I guess I was afraid to look, but then, all of a sudden, all these beautiful prayers and good wishes started coming in. I was so excited and so energized in my spirit. I really felt so loved! When I was going through radiation, I felt so alone. Sometimes it's hard for people to express how they feel, so sometimes they just don't say too much. It's a difficult situation and sometimes you just have to walk alone. I didn't want my daughters to worry, for I know they have their own burdens to bear. My friends could only do so much. They have their own lives and their own families to care for, even though I know they love me. It was just me and Jesus, and I guess that's all I needed. But it is nice to have a hug once in a while. That's why I appreciate this forum so much. As you can tell, I'm not too good at this computer stuff yet. I'd like to put up those smiley faces, but I just don't know how to do it. But believe me I am smiling. Like I said before, my circumstances haven't changed, as a matter of fact, they seem to get worse, but that's OK I have the love and prayers of so many new friends on this forum. Everyone has been so kind to me. You just don't know the impact you are having on my life and I thank God for each and every one of you. Thank you for doing this for me!!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Dear BLUE 62,

I love you too!!

Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
WOW Lilybell,
you must have spent some time replying to everyone. That is very kind and thoughtful of you.
Believe me, I had NO DOUBTS about the love that all of these wonderful people would spread around to you! Even though a lot of us have agreed to disagree on some things, everyone is still full of love and compassion...regardless of differences in our beliefs.
I also, would like to take this time to THANK EVERYONE that has been kind enough to post their love and encouragement to Lilybell! And I would also like to THANK YOU AGAIN LILYBELL for the encouragement you have given me! I am going through ALOT with my daughter right now and because of the trials you have shared and the love for the Lord that you have spread around, I can now see a little further ahead than the hear and now! You have really been a blessing to me!
Also...here's a little bit to help you out!
#1 The EASIEST way to do the little emoticons (smileys, winks etc) if you go down to the bottom left of the page and click on "Post Reply" instead of posting where it says "Quick Reply" you will see on the right side of the box a bunch of emoticons. All you have to do is click on the one you want. It will show up in the box as ( Roll Eyes ) or ( eek ) or whatever, but once you submit the post it will have the smileys there for you.
#2 You can type the emoticons out (but I can only really tell you a couple of them, I don't know them all by heart yet lol). In order to do the smile just put a colon : then a parenthesis ) you have to put it together without spaces. : ) it will look like that without the space. When you submit the post it will eb the smiley face. For the wink do the semicolon ; and parenthesis ).

This will get you started anyway lol
Have fun!

Old 05-06-2007, 10:57 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Dear MIAMI VICE,

I certainly know what your mom is going through and I will lift her up to the Lord. Every Wednesday I meet with a group of women for prayer, and we pray for everyone's needs. We have been getting wonderful answers to our prayers and I promise to remember her and all those who have been praying for me also. Please tell mom never to give up, and keep laughing! Tell mom to treat herself good, to do something nice for herself and keep a positive outlook, besides praying. I do hope she is getting through her treatment. I know it can be rough. Tell her I'm sending her a great big hug!!!
Thank you lilybell. Keep your chin up! I'll pray for you every night.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:51 AM

Dear CELTICLADY1,

I don't know if you're up early in the morning, but I just wanted to wish you a day filled with love, joy and peace. Thank you for your warm thoughts toward me. Have a really wonderful day!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:54 AM

HI MONTANA GUY,

I wanted you to start your day knowing someone is thinking of you and wishing you a really great day. I hope something or someone will bring a smile to your face. Enjoy your day!

Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 AM

Dear SEAHAWKSWEETIE,

Thank you for your prayers. It has been great knowing how you and everyone on this forum has reached out to me. I am so amazed and it makes me feel really good knowing you care. I hope you have a beautiful day in the Lord.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 AM

Dear CAROLINAJACK,

Thank you for remembering me and my family in your prayers. That is so powerful. I truly feel the love that's coming through. I pray you will be so blessed today.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:47 AM

Dear YAYO1,

I appreciate your warm thoughts toward me. It's nice to know how good people are, how concerned they are for others. I wish you a wonderful day, and I'm sending you a Hug!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality