Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times

Advertisements

Refusing Noah's Ark is fine. It has too many scary morals for the cosmopolitan open mind for all BELIEFS (I have no complaints for NAIVE reasons; let Ahmadinejad make peace with eventually America and Israel combined).

The city of Atlantis, though, I hear was the most tolerant mix of races and creeds on Earth.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:31 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleePR View Post
I just wish people would tell Noah's Ark the way the Bible says it happened, instead of Disneyfying it.
Shirlee, did you even read the webpage?

Breaking one of God’s rules is called sinning. God hates people who sin! The story of Noah and the Ark will tell us just how much He hates them!

About that time, God looked around the Earth, and saw that there was all sorts of wickedness and sin. People had, in the 2,000 years since Creation, forgotten or started ignoring His rules. There was miscenegation going on — that’s the grownup term for interracial marriage. Giants were marrying normal humans (Gen. 6:4), instead of keeping to their own kind. God hates that!

What do you think the people on those boats, who didn’t have months of supplies stored up, ate? Do you think they ate each other, or their children? Would your Mommy or Daddy eat you?
Are you sure?

And I thought god was supposed to be loving.
You sure aren't going to win any converts sharing this website.

Edited to add:
OMG! It looks like Shirlee is the one writing the commentary! I think this her website, showing her interpretation of the bible.

Last edited by Sizzly Friddle; 10-02-2009 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Adding more info

Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post

Edited to add:
OMG! It looks like Shirlee is the one writing the commentary! I think this her website, showing her interpretation of the bible.
Good catch, yup catch them young and use teh fear uv gawd. When the grow up they too can be dummies like her.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:58 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,798,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleePR View Post
I just wish people would tell Noah's Ark the way the Bible says it happened, instead of Disneyfying it.
LOL. Here's the animated version

YouTube - Messed-Up Bible Stories 4: Noah's Ark

Old 10-03-2009, 04:52 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Shirlee, did you even read the webpage?

Breaking one of God’s rules is called sinning. God hates people who sin! The story of Noah and the Ark will tell us just how much He hates them!

About that time, God looked around the Earth, and saw that there was all sorts of wickedness and sin. People had, in the 2,000 years since Creation, forgotten or started ignoring His rules. There was miscenegation going on — that’s the grownup term for interracial marriage. Giants were marrying normal humans (Gen. 6:4), instead of keeping to their own kind. God hates that!

What do you think the people on those boats, who didn’t have months of supplies stored up, ate? Do you think they ate each other, or their children? Would your Mommy or Daddy eat you?
Are you sure?

Edited to add:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Good catch, yup catch them young and use teh fear uv gawd. When the grow up they too can be dummies like her.

Poe's Law strikes again.

The site is a parody, of sorts.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Poe's Law strikes again.

The site is a parody, of sorts.
At first I thought she was a Poe, but after going through the website, I'm not so sure.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:33 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL....That story should be called "How to scare the crap out of your kids and make them believers"
Scare them early, as fear is the primal force to keep the sheep in line. If they should actually happen to use reason and free thought and realize there is nothing to fear other than the ghost stories told around a campfire, errrrr I mean stories of hatred and suffering told from the pulpit, they you don't have to worry about the wrath of a spiteful and unforgiving sky spook.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:44 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Thumbs down Yikes! I didn't see it coming until now!

In behaviour unlike that of most Christian acolytes here, I dutifully read the link's aritcle, and of course saw that our poster here is indeed the author. She didn't like Disnyfied versions of the Noah's Story? Her version stinks, to be succinct! It's gotta be a joke, no? Because if not....

It's obviously aimed squarely at corrupting the minds of innocent children, and uses simplistic but incorrrect analogies and nicely disguised mind traps to force obedience and fear of God into the poor kid's minds.

I'd love to be the alternative speaker at the presentation of such nonsense. It borders on... no wait; it absolutely is, identical to what is done by, say, the North Koreans to their children in public schools.

Frankly, it's a poster presentation proof for the massive dangers inherent in a non-secular education. Let them go to private torture schools if they must, but leave it out of public schools.

A few of her priceless quotes:

"Can you think of any marriages God would hate today? Why would He hate them?"

"
Don’t you feel like following God’s rules now? Are you worried that God will drown you if you break His rules?"

[ed. note: can you imagine one little critical thinker in a big Sunday School class, saying, "Well, but... I have a question..." A quick "look" from the adult teacher, and the rest would descend on that hapless child like vultures, hacking and biting, kicking and tearing, until he or she wept and promised to never doubt, ever again. And thus the die is cast for the rest of their lives.... It's take a total deprogramming process to kill off the mindless obedience paradigm.]

"
That’s right, God will never destroy all life on Earth again! Only select locations, as you’ll see in the story of Lot.

After this, Noah and his sons, and their wives, were the only people left on Earth. They had to repopulate the planet. That’s why it’s OK to marry your first cousin, if your state or country follows God’s rules. States where you can’t marry your first cousin are run by people who hate God.

Do the people running your state or country love God? If you’re in the United States, you can look here to find out!"

"Well, Noah still didn’t say anything, but he did what God said. God knew Noah would do what He said, because Noah was perfect and followed all of God’s rules, even if he didn’t like what God told him to do.

What would you say if God told you He was going to kill everyone you know? Would you warn everybody, or just do what He said and build the Ark?"

(rflmn's ed. note: In other words, be totally, unquestioningly obedient or die!).

So much for the promise of a realistic interpretation! Yes, this is the story in use, for it's original purpose, and I assume the author also realizes that it was never intended as a fact-based actuality. But the focal point and intent of the fable according to Sister Shirlee? Pure, unadulterated theo-evil.

Last edited by rifleman; 10-03-2009 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: adjusting for Satan's influence....

Old 10-04-2009, 04:22 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezusxtain View Post
Plant life: 40 days of no sunlight...deado
Plant life: over 200 tons of crushing pressure upon it....deado
Plant life: Ph level changed....deado...
Oh I get it, they planted seeds on 5 feet deep of squishy muck /rolls eyes....
You guys are a riot of uninformed, illiterate, foolish, commentators on a book you have never read.
1 There was no sunlight for the entire 150 days, on earth.

2 Noah made a "sun/ -a light- on god's command, to light the interior of the ark for the year they would be shut in it.
No one disembarked until the land was dry, by God's commandments. The rain was falling for 150 days. The ark settled on the mount
3 Noah took seedlings with him, which he planted after the flood, also.
Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
Gen 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth [month], on the first [day] of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

Gen 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth [was] an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

Gen 8:7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:23 PM

73 posts, read 119,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You guys are a riot of uninformed, illiterate, foolish, commentators on a book you have never read.
1 There was no sunlight for the entire 150 days, on earth.

2 Noah made a "sun/ -a light- on god's command, to light the interior of the ark for the year they would be shut in it.
No one disembarked until the land was dry, by God's commandments. The rain was falling for 150 days. The ark settled on the mount
3 Noah took seedlings with him, which he planted after the flood, also.
Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
Gen 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth [month], on the first [day] of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

Gen 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth [was] an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

Gen 8:7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.

I forgot about the sun in the ark. I now am convinced that the Ark story is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality