Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
...and if you believe that you'll believe anything. Oh wait!! You do of course!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:53 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well in that case, you can stop trying to ever justify His actions on any sort of logical basis. As I've said to Ms. YSM, you guys just need to outright admit that it's all done by MAGIC. Then we'll understand.

Otherwise, you cannot use science and logic (as in your convenient use of carbon dating evidence from time to time, and then rejecting it later when it shows things to be +50,000 years old.

Or of presumptive sampling of "petrified" wood, or of PhotoShopped digi-pics as necessary, and then, later, tell us that all scientists are biased hoaxers who assume everything when you don't like their answers.)

You simply cannot have it both ways, Tom. It makes you look like a silly fool.

A person with the intellectual capacity to instantly create all of the universe, with it's spectacular variations and intricate complexity would not bother with an untenable and completely implausible means to kill off all the sinners, plus all the innocents. We've proved that it simply cannot have happened unless MAGIC is employed. Yet right here, in your last post, you finally agree with us. It's simply MAGIC! It's how God works. MAGIC. Hear that, YSM?

Of course, the Noah story was penned by an author who had less knowledge of the world around him than the average 8 yr old Sesame Street child. Even those children know that animals have specific ecological niches and food requirements.

It's also odd that you have never answered the burning question about exactly how many animals Noah had to have on board, given the current (and climbing) count of 30+ million unique species on the planet. Remember now, no evolving was allowed, according to Creationists. "Evolution is a lie." Remember?

Noah could not have duplicated the needs of the requisite (conservative) 600 million animals, not the least of which would have been simply accomodating them, even for a single night.

Your spectacular lack of knowledge about the basics of life, of ecology, of biology, of physics and astronomy and simple logic is proven time and again as you choose to stumble along and re-assert old wive's tails, old myths and even disproven stories of an Ark find on Ararat.

But, it's true: some things are simply too far gone to resuscitate.

Well, in order for me to say God uses only magic, I would have to know the mind of God. I don't.

And I believe carbon dating has a margin of error, so if we are speaking of thousands of years, I feel we are within that margin.

And the reason I have never answered how many animals were in the Ark is because I really don't know. Yet others who have actually been inside the Ark might of been able to give us a better idea. You might consider the report from the Russian Expedition of 1917. Hear again, this is spoken of by Lieutenant Roskovitsky in the link below.

And I know you believe you are a warehouse of scientific knowledge, yet all you know is but a grain of sand in a sea of endless time, and often such knowledge is but an obstacle that can blind us to a greater truth. No doubt, my own personal experiences with God you would write off as old wive's tails. Yet, you could not be more wrong. What you dismiss, I believe is because of your lack of knowledge. And since you only believe what you can prove and see, you have limited yourself to a very small world. And often, the most real things, are the things we can't see.

Mount Ararat: Expeditions Past / Present

Old 10-06-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and if you believe that you'll believe anything. Oh wait!! You do of course!
My own personal experiences with God pretty much rule out your limited view of life. And since there is far more evidence for the Ark of Noah, then evolution, I would believe, it is you who would believe anything.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
In view of the monumental amount of evidence for the ark discovery being a massive excercise in self - delusion to the extent of insanity, I wonder about those who really are in denial who keep insisting it's true.
Well, I think you might be more into the self-delusion than those who make the claim of seeing the Ark. You might consider this interview with David Duckworth. There is so much to this story and others like his. Duckworth worked for the Smithsonian as a volunteer back in 1968. It was back then when Duckworth stated they started bringing boxes of objects recovered from Noah's Ark into the area where he worked.

http://epistle.us/articles/noah.html And overview of the David Duckworth story. Found on 4th story down.

Adam's Body in Noah's Ark

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-07-2009 at 12:32 AM..

Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
Well, in order for me to say God uses only magic, I would have to know the mind of God. I don't.
What, what! You don't know!! You're slipping Campbell. You need to spend more time in the other place with your Christian mates. Damn man, those dudes over there know everything about the mind of their god. They know what he thinks and doesn't think, what he feels and doesn't feel, what he want's and doesn't want, when he's going to do this, that or the other, what he's done and what he 's going to do.... etc etc.

You need to catch up mate!!

Quote:
My own personal experiences with God pretty much rule out your limited view of life. And since there is far more evidence for the Ark of Noah, then evolution, I would believe, it is you who would believe anything.
Ever considered professional help brother?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,132 times
How dare anyone doubt C34, the demon whisperer!
We should think ourselves lucky that such a soaring intellect as C34 is here to guide us on this thread.
Backwards that is.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What, what! You don't know!! You're slipping Campbell. You need to spend more time in the other place with your Christian mates. Damn man, those dudes over there know everything about the mind of their god. They know what he thinks and doesn't think, what he feels and doesn't feel, what he want's and doesn't want, when he's going to do this, that or the other, what he's done and what he 's going to do.... etc etc.

You need to catch up mate!!

Ever considered professional help brother?
Well, I can produce more eyewitiness accounts of those who confirm the existance of the Ark of Noah, than any eyewitiness accounts that can confirm the reality of Evolution. And why would I need professional help, when there is such an abundance of stories that confirm the Arks reality. And all those stories are there for you to believe or deny. Yet, when you start to put these stories together, you begin to see how they all start fitting together.

And the only thing we can know about God's mind, is what He Has already revealed to us in His Book.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:06 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Well, I think you might be more into the self-delusion than those who make the claim of seeing the Ark. You might consider this interview with David Duckworth. There is so much to this story and others like his. Duckworth worked for the Smithsonian as a volunteer back in 1968. It was back then when Duckworth stated they started bringing boxes of objects recovered from Noah's Ark into the area where he worked.

Searching for Noah's Ark by Bruce L. Gerig And overview of the David Duckworth story. Found on 4th story down.

Adam's Body in Noah's Ark
"H Right. It wasn't. I'm convinced of that.
D (Duckworth) It might have been like China, Chinese territory.
H Turkey, actually.
D Well Turkey, yeah same thing ok.
H Yeah."

Yeah, sure. this guy really knows what he's talking about. It is ALL unsubstantiated and anecdotal claims. Evolution has hard evidence, biological, palaeontological and observed. Even Creationists admit micro-evolution. For you to say that the Ark evidence outweighs evolution shows that you are not so much in denial but don't even know what it is you have to be in denial about.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
"H Right. It wasn't. I'm convinced of that.
D (Duckworth) It might have been like China, Chinese territory.
H Turkey, actually.
D Well Turkey, yeah same thing ok.
H Yeah."

Yeah, sure. this guy really knows what he's talking about. It is ALL unsubstantiated and anecdotal claims. Evolution has hard evidence, biological, palaeontological and observed. Even Creationists admit micro-evolution. For you to say that the Ark evidence outweighs evolution shows that you are not so much in denial but don't even know what it is you have to be in denial about.
Duckworth was there, he saw the evidence with his own eyes in 1968. Others have seen the Ark clsoe up. And they are all telling us the same story, such as the size of the vessel, and details of what's inside. Duckworth saw the photographs of cages inside of the Ark. Ed Davis saw the Ark up close in the summer of 1943, and he tells us he could see it had three floors because one end was broken and exposed. Now this is hard evidence. Evolution only has assumptions, and such assumptions are not scientific, nor do those assumptions count as hard evidence. Consider the link below, the Ed Davids story will be found there.
Ed Davis Visits Noah's Ark (http://www.fellowshipinhislove.com/eddavis.html - broken link)

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-07-2009 at 03:06 AM..

Old 10-07-2009, 03:28 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,314 times
Ever considered what ocean currents would actually do to the alleged path of the ark over a period in excess of 1 year?

Ocean currents

Ever wondered where the wind would have come from if the whole planet was covered in water?

What causes wind

Maybe anyone here with meteorological background will correct me if I am wrong.

Topography has a lot to do with wind formation which directly affects ocean currents and visa versa, see El Niño Effect

Looking at the globe (not standing on your head)

The earth rotates this way<-----------

Thus it stands to reason, the centrifical effect or contra rotation, that a current will be this way----------->

If you bother to look at what causes ocean currents in reality, the north and south poles and their respective coldness plays a huge part in ocean currents. But of course with the global flud, there would be two massive icebergs floating around until they melted of course. I am sure you have done the experiment with a glass of crushed ice. Add salt and stir and see the condensation on the outside of the glass freezes (temporarily) Now the decline in salinity would thus mean that the freezing point of the ice esp. the north pole would be raised resulting in melting.

This is off the top of my head - basic meteorology I learned some 40 years ago.

So where did the ark's voyage originate from? It of course had no rudder so was subject to all forces prevalent. If there was wind, the size of the imaginary vessel would of course act as a sail. Or do you think god was playing with his boats in a bath like little boys do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality