Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 01:12 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,877,713 times

Advertisements

This: CH210: Age of the Earth. Varves. Take that, Hovind the Manipulator!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Presenting: "doc Hovind"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh yes, this has to be so, after all Kent Hovind wouldn't lie would he?

Kent Hovind - Analysis of Kent Hovind (Dr Dino)

Love it, san! I especially loved the unit on Evolution:

... and "doctor [small "d" on purpose...] Hovind's biography and academic background. Dont-cha just LOVE his purposeful (or really stupid) mis-information that gets lapped up by the IDTrs?

ANYONE who reads and believes ANYTHING this convicted thug felon says is desperately delusional.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,947,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Comparing Greenland weather conditions and effects to Antarctic ones is just one more screamingly idiotic assumption that you vomit up on a continual basis.
Comparing greenlands weather conditions and effects to the Antarctic, is an idiotic assumption? How do you know that? Were you in the Antarctic 5500 hundred years ago? I'm not vomiting out anything, I'm asking real questions. And it appears, your only response is to attack me for asking them. How do you explain the many hundreds of layers of ice, over an airplane that was under it, for only 46 years? Do you really think, if scientist had drilled down 268 feet into that same ice, they would of concluded it was only 46 years old. I can tell you, they would of been talking many hundreds, if not thousands of years. And that is because, they believe every ice ring equals one year. It's obvious, they don't. And if they do, maybe that airplane really is 1500 years old. And they have been taking ice core samples from all over Greenland, so it's not like this site is all that different. The only thing that makes it different, is we had time markers in place, and those markers have given us real time. And not assumed time.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Love it, san! I especially loved the unit on Evolution:

... and "doctor [small "d" on purpose...] Hovind's biography and academic background. Dont-cha just LOVE his purposeful (or really stupid) mis-information that gets lapped up by the IDTrs?

ANYONE who reads and believes ANYTHING this convicted thug felon says is desperately delusional.
Kent only repeated the words of Bob Cardin. And Bob Cardin was responsible for the planes recovery. And Bob has stated the samething to many others outside of Kent. So maybe you should accuse Bob Cardin of lying. Really, this appears to be a pattern with you. It looks to me, that anytime someone makes a claim that does not agree with your worldview, you just automatically question their honesty. No matter how you want to play with the facts. Bob Cardin clearly stated, that there were many hundreds of layers of ice over that plane.

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-13-2009 at 02:15 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,651,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Comparing greenlands weather conditions and effects to the Antarctic, is an idiotic assumption?
Yes.

Quote:
How do you know that?
You've gotta be sh*tting me?

Quote:
Were you in the Antarctic 5500 hundred years ago?
Were YOU?

Quote:
I'm not vomiting out anything, I'm asking real questions.
No you're not. You're ignoring logic and scientific facts in favor of mindlessly regurgitating the useless treacle that spews from the hindparts of those like Hovind.

Quote:
And it appears, your only response is to attack me for asking them.
Aww, poor baby. Then read what we post, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IT SAYS, learn something for once, and post a logical, factual, scientifically-supported rebuttal. Don't just sit there with your thumb up your butt ignoring our posts and then whine when we call yours out as idiotic.

Quote:
[How do you explain the many hundreds of layers of ice, over an airplane that was under it, for only 46 years? Do you really think, if scientist had drilled down 268 feet into that same ice, they would of concluded it was only 46 years old.
I've already given you the science on that one. YOU IGNORED IT. Not my problem you can't follow a simple line of scientific fact.

Quote:
I can tell you, they would of
Stop using 'WOULD OF' and 'SHOULD OF' and 'COULD OF'. It makes you look uneducated, stupid, and lazy. You've been corrected on this dozens of times. Learn from it for once.

Quote:
been talking many hundreds, if not thousands of years. And that is because, they believe every ice ring equals one year. It's obvious, they don't. And if they do, maybe that airplane really is 1500 years old. And they have been taking ice core samples from all over Greenland, so it's not like this site is all that different. The only thing that makes it different, is we had time markers in place, and those markers have given us real time. And not assumed time.
Blah blah blah...your fingers are moving but the same old sewage is being produced.

You're a lost cause. You can't think, breathe, eat, talk, or sh*t for yourself without asking the Hovinds of the world how to do it.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Default "And, he's baaackkk for his 40th week, competing for the really big prizes!!"

Quote:
Kent only repeated the words of Bob Cardin. And Bob Cardin was responsible for the planes recovery. And Bob has stated the samething to many others outside of Kent. So maybe you should accuse Bob Cardin of lying. Really, this appears to be a pattern with you. It looks to me, that anytime someone makes a claim that does not agree with your worldview, you just automatically question their honesty. No matter how you want to play with the facts. Bob Cardin clearly stated, that there were many hundreds of layers of ice over that plane.
Atch-ally, I was taking the larger view of Kent's amazing level of credibility and scientific respectability (which is apparently completely unquestioned because of his popular, but dishonest, interpretations). His intolerable lack of "intellectual honesty", to use a tired phrase that never grows tired here when looking into Christian website authors.

According to everything he takes on, he's a born, pathological liar. Proven time and again. So what if he repeats someone else's lies. That just gives him an out on being dishonest: "I was only quoting another liar!" Wonderful.

Anyhow, you evaded (why am I not surprised?) the greater question about varve interpretation in general. Are you stating, for all of us here, that all varve analysis is faulty, that any determination that something is multi-hundreds of thousands of years, or millions in many cases, is ALL bunk? Based on Kent's thoughts and denialisms and lies? Do you deny ice or sediment compression under literally miles of sediments or ice/snowfall above? Do you not see that a simplistic nut-ball calculation based on the thickness of a layer down just a few years does NOT represent the same varve thickness down a mile or so?

That what you're stating? Are you for real, Tom? Can you answer questions, Tom?

Well... how special for you. How convenient.

It's not my delusional world-view, Tom. It's the consequence and result of a slow accumulation of knowlege based on my open-minded and persistent and ongoing adult education and real-world observations. Plus degrees in engineering, biosiciences, geology and other disciplines and ability to read. Also referred to as "How to Think Critically". I'm hardly the only one to observe that Christianity regularly falls on it's pretty little face all the time when so confronted.

Oh yeah; also my happy and willing interest in reading your links online. They inevitably show off their inherent biases.

I used to be a Christian, remember, only because I hadn't yet learned to open mine eyes to see the true glory, etc. It was really quite liberating, to realize there's a whole world of truth out there, uncontaminated with dogmatic denialist interpretation and outright lies.

So... prove me wrong! Show me, and us, your good intentions and open-minded clarity by giving us that elusive Noah's Number please. After all, I'm setting myself up to be shown wrong! Go for it, please!

Last edited by rifleman; 10-13-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 03:01 PM

33,499 posts, read 36,996,891 times
So Campbell you'd rather talk about Greenland ice cores would you? That's OK because they also completely invalidate any global flood within the last 110 thousand years, as you would know if you ever read anything other than creation "science" sites.

http://www.asa3.org/aSA/PSCF/2003/PSCF12-03Seely.pdf

Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
From your link, which I read:

"Since it became fully operational on April 27, 1995, GPS has become a widely used aid to navigation worldwide,"

As noted by all other links, including the one I provided you and you didn't likely read at all:

It was in 1996 (not, as you incorrectly noted, 2000) when Clinton allowed the accurization of signals, since it was then that the transportable units were made readily available to the non-military general public. The surveyor's field tripod units, (Block Two technology) plus the militaty units such as I provided pictures of, were simply NOT available not in general expedition use in the mid-'80s. The costs were prohibitive.

for commercial use, and I quote:

"After Korean Air Lines Flight 007 was shot down in 1983 after straying into the USSR's prohibited airspace,[2] President Ronald Reagan issued a directive making GPS freely available for civilian use, once it was sufficiently developed, as a common good.[3] The first satellite was launched in 1989 and the 24th and last satellite was launched in 1994."

Read it again, Tom: the first satellite for the commercially available signals approved by Ron Reagan was not even launched until 1989, "once it was sufficiently developed", but when your hero was, no doubt, no longer feeling quite up to an Ararat trek, he having died the next year. And only one satellite was not enough. It takes at least three or five to do the job; no accomplished until about 1995 The pre-1995 system used older satellites than do the new system's units. Sorry to be so detail-oriented: the truth's a bee-atch, huh?

The outcropping you so ardently refer to was exactly the focus of one of the paragraphs in the link I provided. You REALLY ought to go read it, Tom, though it will upset you I understand....

The entire exposed outcrops do NOT fluoresce back mineralized, and definitely NOT organic materials (as in "gopherwood"... Hmmm... maybe god was actually saying "You'll have to go-fur-wood on this one, Noah; nothing useful around here to build a rugged Ark big enough to hold 600M animals!").

Had there been some abnormality, some out-of-place artifact, then the analysists would have duly noted it, and realistic and unbiased expeditions would have followed. But there's no need to waste millions of $$$ on a pointless pursuit. They did not, on all of Ararat or surrounds, find "Arky" artifacts.

Sorry. You're the one who brought up remote sensing, and I looked into it, thoroughly. As per Rifleman's Rule of Denialism [RRD], it's been dutifully mis-quoted or mis-represented ever since, but the ignorance and lying's been caught too many times!

But please... make my point for me: say it all again, and again, and again, and again, and again.... thus proving RRD.

(PS: Still waiting for the Noah's Number calc. Any time soon?)
Now let me point this out to you rifleman. We did not have to wait till 1989 for the first GPS satellite to be shot into space in order for commercial use to begin.

"The Global positioning System (GPS) is a satellite-based navigation system made up of a network of 24 satellites placed in orbit by the U.S. Department of Defense. GPS was originally intended for military applications, but in the (1980s), the government made the system available for (CIVILIAN USE). Consider link below.
What is GPS? Getting started, how it works, how accurate is GPS?

In the 1980s, civilians could draw on anyone of 24 satellites already in orbit rifleman. And that is why Magellan Corporation had already introduced their first hand held receiver back in 1989. And if those who made the climb to Mt. Ararat in 1989 wanted to use a GPS receiver, it was fully available to them.

And apperently, you did not look into it thoroughly enought.
And your outcrop does not have three decks with cages inside, nor is it broken in two.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,651,853 times
Quote:
And that is why Magellan Corporation had already introduced their first hand held receiver back in 1989. And if those who made the climb to Mt. Ararat in 1989 wanted to use a GPS receiver, it was fully available to them.
Gosh, you'd think with such GREAT TECHNOLOGY available to them that they would have gotten a good photo. Supposedly high tech gps but no decent camera? I call shenanigans.

Your babbling continues I see...

Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,050,963 times
Quote:
Your belief that many layers of ice show us yearly accumulation, is also false. The plane recovered from the 268 feet of ice had many hundreds of well defined layers of ice over it. Yet the plane was only under the ice for 46 years. Clearly, layers of ice occur, and do not represent only yearly accumulations. Here again, such a belief is based on unfound assumptions.
Your belief that yearly layers of ice can be identified, would require us to believe the plane recovered, was really many hundreds of years old. And based on the accounts of that recovered airplane, the only thing you have put in my face, is nonsense.
Nope not belief, EVIDENCE unlike your questionable testimonies.

I still have more, but these ice cores are really showing your ignorance up quite profoundly.

For the benefit of the readers, here are two links you should bookmark and study over time.

Creationist Lies - Part A

Creationist Frauds

The aeryplanes offered are debunked but regrettably, I have no bookmark, a site search will take you to the rebuttalS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality