Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 PM

33,534 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

LOL...Yoda is my handle on another forum....By the way...Great sound...Glad I have those surround speakers!

Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
I think the picture of the ark found on the mountain top does not look that much like a rock outcrop. There is a 'lens' on Hubpages that goes into it somewhat and gives some links. Aparently they found some large anchor stones in the area too with holes in them where the ropes went through. If it was not a ship, then there are some strange coincidences.

Anyway, personally, like the hubpage, I dont think it was biblical, but a way of overcoming a fairly localised flood. I dont see the whole world as under water, maybe a large area, or maybe due to a tsunami or something like that. If aliens are involved as some people have suggested, than anything could be designed into it. I dont think we can take the bible story literally when it says the whole world was under water, so animals that are indiginous to different countries may not have been flooded out.

the Hubpages article is here
Is Noah's Ark Just a Biblical Story?

Old 10-16-2009, 03:58 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Have you seen the size of those alleged anchor stones? Oh and the crew were allegedly sealed in the ark

Old 10-16-2009, 05:47 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default This Just In! GPS Coordinates for Tearful Jesus Statue! It's REAL!

1. I've made the points I wanted to make about the lack of easy availability of GPS units to folks clambering up on Mt. Ararat in the mid-80s. I've pointed out the references to where Pres. Reagan decided, in those same mid-80s, to allow civilian use, and that the first modern GPS satellite, the first of 24, was launched only one year before G. Stephen's death. and that you need at least 4 or 5 to get a reading, and the last ones were not launched until what? 1996, when Clinton accurized them?

But again, my much larger, significantly larger point is, so the frick what? OK: George Stephens magically or even technically accessed and provided a set of coordinates to a point that he'd already provided photo analysis for, so he already knew PRECISELY where it was. It had been visited and pinpointed since the late 1800s by numerous explorers. There was absolutely NO CONFUSION about it's location.

As I said, Tom, this was hardly some deep jungle find like a lost temple someone stumbled across during the monsoon season and they really needed to set it as a waypoint in order to find it ever again.

What possible validity does a set of GPS coordinates add to a well-known location? Like I said, this is precisely like you providing us, today, with the GPS coordinates for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, WA, D.C. and then proudly saying "See! There is a White House!"

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "Duhhhh..."

Simplest of all possible questions for you, Tom:

Does this set of GPS coordinates specifically enhance in any way the possibility that what is up there is the Ark?

If, in your mind, it really really does, then

1)
you have a true and pathological logical disconnect, or;

2) I'll come up with the GPS coordinates for the African Oldovai Gorge location of the Leaky paleontological digs as absolute proof that all the "found" pre-hominid ancestors are also real.

Location, location, location, is that it? GPS #s = proof of whatever you want it to be, at that location? Why don't you also get us the GPS coordinates for Acambara, Mexico to "prove" everything there, even the bits of dino bones they probably sell in little poly bags, are ALL real. I mean, you've got GPS coordinates, for heaven's sake! What more is there?

Stunning logic, Tom. Stunning.

Last edited by rifleman; 10-16-2009 at 06:04 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 06:02 AM

Default GPS coordinates = rainfall stats! It's TRUE! (Don't look t me like that!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL...Yoda is my handle on another forum....By the way...Great sound...Glad I have those surround speakers!
YODA! My hero! BTW, san, you may be green from the relentless rainfall up in the northwoods. I didn't know, simply was "in the dark", in my Anmore /Buntzen Lake B. C. homestead; >200+ inches of rain every year up there;

Buntzen Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... until I "saw the light", married a nice Californian girl who was attending SFU and we both "skipped" south, like any good Canuck would given the chance, to southern California!

"Say, dear, what
is that strange yellow ball of warmth in the skies here EVERY DAY?"

Oh.... and, in addition I have GPS coordinates for Buntzen Lake as well, so don't bother to argue with me about the high rainfall number!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:17 AM

Default This Just In: GPS coordinates just provided for Shroud of Turin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Apparently they found some large anchor stones in the area too with holes in them where the ropes went through. If it was not a ship, then there are some strange coincidences.

LOGIC 101:

1) anchor stones found near a pile of rocks does not make the pile of rocks, ergo, either an ancient boat, or, more specifically, The Ark. Only wishful thinking can do that. We'd also have to elliminate any possibility that these anchor stones were "planted" by a tourist-market-oriented Turkish government.

2) anchor stones were in common useage in the age of the Phoenicians. This is a well-established fact, so by that logic, this is, "obviously", a Phoenician ship, right? Made of stone of course.

3) this is "The other Ark", the ones the Turks have built a road to and have a souvenier shop and everything the dedicated fundy literalist could hope for.

4) the analysis by credible geologists of this Turkish site is that it is, quite simply, a rock formation. Hey; it even LOOKs like a rock formation, and is not in the described barge-like layout of the Ark. It looks more like the shape of the USS Missouri (so that's where it really went!)

5) Christian acolytes will believe ANYTHING, never once applying critical thinking to it, because, hey, where would THAT process lead them, after all????

Of course, as we've all seen, many fundy Christians will accept anything, even if it conflicts within the various supposedly inerrant but differing Christian versions. Long as it spells God, they buy into it (see arguments about The Shroud of Turin" which has amazing but unsubstantiated and undescribed and undocumented 3-D qualitites [???? I say again: ?????] and is in direct contradiction of their bible's documentation of "strips" of shroud cloth used to wrap Jesus' body, typical of the day.)

Is nothing sacred? Like, you know, the truth?

__________________________________________________ _

I dont think we can take the bible story literally when it says the whole world was under water, so animals that are indiginous to different countries may not have been flooded out.

No duhhh! And yet, they do take it literally.... Odd, huh?

the Hubpages article is here
Is Noah's Ark Just a Biblical Story?
Thanks for this link, ocp. Good one!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Default More GPS Proofs!

Here's Shiprock in New Mexico.

Shiprock, New Mexico

GPS: 35˚-01'-42.12" N / 110˚-01'-53.70 W

Amazing! A ship, made of stone, grounded right here. GPS proves it!

or...

Where the UFOs landed, in Roswell!

GPS: 33˚-23'-39.35" N / 104˚-31'-22.89" W

Oddly, these two aren't located that far apart. You don't for one minute think.....

ShipRock is THEIR SHIP! OHMYGAWD!

(The US Parks Service won't let ANYONE climb on Shiprock! They know something, don't they......)

Tom! Tom? Wake up, man! This is serious stuff, man!

(wait... wait... who are those strange men coming up my driveway? Their eyes are so...glassy and black!! OHHHHNNOOOOOOoooooooooooo.....)

Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 AM

33,534 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
YODA! My hero! BTW, san, you may be green from the relentless rainfall up in the northwoods. I didn't know, simply was "in the dark", in my Anmore /Buntzen Lake B. C. homestead; >200+ inches of rain every year up there;

Buntzen Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... until I "saw the light", married a nice Californian girl who was attending SFU and we both "skipped" south, like any good Canuck would given the chance, to southern California!

"Say, dear, what
is that strange yellow ball of warmth in the skies here EVERY DAY?"

Oh.... and, in addition I have GPS coordinates for Buntzen Lake as well, so don't bother to argue with me about the high rainfall number!
I won't, but I'll just be happy that I live in Victoria.....Thanks to the rain shadow effect of the nearby Olympic Mountains in Washington State, Victoria is the driest location on the B.C. coast, with much lower rainfall than other nearby areas.

Total annual precipitation is just 608 mm (24 inches) at the Gonzales weather station in Victoria compared with 1,589 mm (63 inches) in Vancouver, and 3,671 mm (145 inches) at Port Renfrew, just 80 km away on the southwest coast of Vancouver Island.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So Mr. Campbell please enlighten us with how after the waters subsided Noah managed to get all the marsupials back to the land mass we now know as Australia? After all his boat was stuck on a mountain top on the other side of the planet.

Then there is the question about getting the bison and horses back to North America, llamas to South America, etc. etc.

I also asked many posts back how Noah managed to keep a mini-sun (very hot fusion of hydrogen) on boat made out of all wood and not burn it to the waterline. If I missed your answer, my apologies.

Inquiring minds want to know..............
Well Asheville Native, I wish I could answer all your questions, yet trying to do that would require a lot of speculation. And I would rather focus on facts I do know. It's kind of like asking me, how does a T.V. or radio work? Could I answer that question? No I could not. And because I could not answer that question, does that mean the existance of T.V. and radio are but myths. No, it just means I don't have that understanding. And the fact the I have personally used both a T.V. and a radio, or know of others who have used them, only adds to their reality. The Ark of Noah is the same way. And I believe often questions are asked like this, to ignore other facts that establish the reality of the Biblical flood. The Bible tells us, the Ark of Noah landed on Mt. Ararat. We have numerous eyewitiness accounts of seeing it there, and we also have satellite pictures that show us a very large manmade object near the top of Mt. Ararat, that is broken in two. Those satellite pictures confirm past eyewitiness accounts. And those accounts stated from many years before, that they saw the Ark of Noah high up on Ararat, and it was broken in two. We now have pictures taken by climbers of a large man-made object high up on Ararat, and the location of that object is the same location given by eyewitinesses, and satellite. It's kind of like, I can't explain how it works, but I can show you the box it came in.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
1. I've made the points I wanted to make about the lack of easy availability of GPS units to folks clambering up on Mt. Ararat in the mid-80s. I've pointed out the references to where Pres. Reagan decided, in those same mid-80s, to allow civilian use, and that the first modern GPS satellite, the first of 24, was launched only one year before G. Stephen's death. and that you need at least 4 or 5 to get a reading, and the last ones were not launched until what? 1996, when Clinton accurized them?

But again, my much larger, significantly larger point is, so the frick what? OK: George Stephens magically or even technically accessed and provided a set of coordinates to a point that he'd already provided photo analysis for, so he already knew PRECISELY where it was. It had been visited and pinpointed since the late 1800s by numerous explorers. There was absolutely NO CONFUSION about it's location.

As I said, Tom, this was hardly some deep jungle find like a lost temple someone stumbled across during the monsoon season and they really needed to set it as a waypoint in order to find it ever again.

What possible validity does a set of GPS coordinates add to a well-known location? Like I said, this is precisely like you providing us, today, with the GPS coordinates for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, WA, D.C. and then proudly saying "See! There is a White House!"

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "Duhhhh..."

Simplest of all possible questions for you, Tom:

Does this set of GPS coordinates specifically enhance in any way the possibility that what is up there is the Ark?

If, in your mind, it really really does, then

1) you have a true and pathological logical disconnect, or;

2) I'll come up with the GPS coordinates for the African Oldovai Gorge location of the Leaky paleontological digs as absolute proof that all the "found" pre-hominid ancestors are also real.

Location, location, location, is that it? GPS #s = proof of whatever you want it to be, at that location? Why don't you also get us the GPS coordinates for Acambara, Mexico to "prove" everything there, even the bits of dino bones they probably sell in little poly bags, are ALL real. I mean, you've got GPS coordinates, for heaven's sake! What more is there?

Stunning logic, Tom. Stunning.
Wrong again rifleman, they did not climb Mt. Ararat in the mid 1980s. It was in (1989). And that was one year after hand held GPS receivers were being sold to the public. And it was in 1989 when one of the climbers got a picture of the Ark. And again, Magellans first hand held GPS receiver only required the use of 4 satellites. Not 24. And their first hand held unit came out in 1988.
And the reason no one knew the Arks exact location, is because all that went there could only give rought estimates. And most of the time she is covered in deep ice. Even George Stephen stated the last time he looked at a picture of the object in question, it was covered by 70 feet of ice.
The GPS numbers only show us where to look. Yet George Stephens satellite account only confirms the Ed Davis account. According to Davis there is a large ship broken in two with cages inside mostly covered in ice. According to George Stephens, there is a large man-made object, broken in two and mostly covered in ice.
According to the Bible, the Ark of Noah landed near the very top of Mt. Ararat. That pretty much limits what large ship will be found up there.
And the Biblical account, confirms the Stephens and Davis accounts and numerous others.

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-16-2009 at 07:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality