Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,956,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

I see that the article states that even the FBI was in on this coverup. Why in the world would this need to be covered up in the first place? This is yet another example of a conspiracy in which no evidence can be produced because the authorities have not allowed it to be revealed to the public. This is what is commonly referred to as a tall tale.
Ok, so just like everyone else that confirms the existance of the Ark of Noah, they must be all liars. RIGHT.
And what about the team of Hong Kong and Turkish scientist who just discovered the large petrified wood structure found stored in a cave high up in Mt. Ararar, are they all liars to?
Is this your whole arguement, everyone is a liar?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,598,564 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
And just two summers ago of 2007, sceintists found more petrified artifacts in the cave.
Why would you call someone an illiterate or gullible for believing a story, that scientists and researchers are now confirming?
Don't you find it a little odd that after two years the most spectacular discovery in human history has failed to make the mainstream news and only appears on some little religious website?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,052,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The artifacts in question were already petrified. And they put the already petrified artifacts in the cave.
And just two summers ago of 2007, sceintists found more petrified artifacts in the cave.
Why would you call someone an illiterate or gullible for believing a story, that scientists and researchers are now confirming?
Simple, because they have no frigging clue as to how wood petrifies and furthermore the time it takes for it to happen. Were there petrified wood artifacts, that in itself rules out the ark myth as your 4500 years is too short a time for this to happen and furthermore, the conditions in the surrounding proximity is not conducive to wood petrification. Wood does not petrify in ice.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,892,755 times
Default Another real simple question

Quote:

However, new hard evidence has now come to us from the years 2006 and 2007. And this evidence helps confirm the Ed Davis cave account, and ark sighting. Consider link below.

http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4438 (broken link)

!@!##$%^&^&*
_______________________________________!@!##$%^&^& *

I found this fascinating and enlightening video interview about Tom's "new hard evidence" from 2006 - 2007.

I won't bore you all with a long post: this video's self-explanitory. I will ask Tom one simple question as regards this video and Mr. Ertugrul's inciteful commentary:

http://driverspolnews.blogspot.com/

(scroll down to "Turkish Explorer speaks, etc...)

I see a lot of folks stuffing a van with bottled water, duffle bags etc. I see them driving on a highway. I see them climbing the mountain. I see them in a water-filled cave. I see tents with lanterns in them! Why..... It MUST BE SCIENTIFIC!

Wow! .......It's an "EXPEDITION"!!!!! .......Wow!

Then Mr. Ertugrul (unassociated with any university, but in fact, a tourist guide) says that local stories say the Ark was up there somewhere, and therefore, "this is it". He's convinced, though, BTW, it's in a different location than the other inerrant Ark (Or is it Arks?) on the upper slopes, and this one's in a cave.

He found some wood in a cave. On Ararat. The University in Singapore simply said it was of wood origin. Not petrified. Not C14 dated, as of 2007. I wonder why not.....

Ertugrul* does say he wants to go back. Of course he does! With, of course, some new paying customers. Of course.

!@!##$%^&^&*______________________________________ __________!@!##$%^&^&*

SIMPLE QUESTION: ................Tom: Is this what you classify as "new hard evidence"?

!@!##$%^&^&*______________________________________ __________!@!##$%^&^&*

(*remember I helpfully suggested you check out your various evidence sources BEFORE you post them yourself? WE WILL check these people out, Tom, and show you that they are pretty much all fakers or tourist monger types.)

Last edited by rifleman; 10-18-2009 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: added wonderful, convincing video link.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,598,564 times
I just came up with a stunning new theory! If more El Toro figurines could be located in this cave it would prove conclusively that Noah himself was the one who created them in the first place. Consider this fact, Noah was probably one of the last human beings to actually see the dinosaurs before they mysteriously went extinct a few thousand years ago. He also had alot of time to kill while hanging out on the ark until the flood waters subsided. I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine that he may have been looking for a hobby to pass the time and came up with the idea of making figurines.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:05 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Wow....I think there has been a lot assumed here...I watched the video interview...What he actually said and what Tom claims are quite different...About 12 meters into the cave we found wood...We sent it to the university, and they confirmed that is was wood...The word petrified is never used...As rifleman said picture of people climbing, tents, supplies and caves...Conspicuously absent is any footage at all of what was purportedly found....Hard evidence indeed....

Old 10-18-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I see that our LOL 'neener neener neener' mentality is still in force.

But did you happen to note the dates? Wood was found in a cave over two years ago, and that is the newest proof you can find. I suspect that nothing paned out and their delusions held no water in the light of facts.
I'm sorry, but your deep denial is showing. The samples brought back have already been confirmed as petrified wood, and the petrified wooden structure found stored in the cave, was 2.8 yards high, and 12.5 yards in width.

The only thing keeping them from a full discovery, is the weather.
And this has been the problem all along. Thoses who live in the area know the Ark is there, because a number of their family members from the past had already gone to see the Ark.

And samples removed from a (large wooden structure) found near the top of the mountain by Mr. Ahmet Ertugrul, have also been confirmed to be petrified wood.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:12 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but your deep denial is showing. The samples brought back have already been confirmed as petrified wood, and the petrified wooden structure found stored in the cave, was 2.8 yards high, and 12.5 yards in width.

The only thing keeping them from a full discovery, is the weather.
And this has been the problem all along. Thoses who live in the area know the Ark is there, because a number of their family members from the past had already gone to see the Ark.

And samples removed from a (large wooden structure) found near the top of the mountain by Mr. Ahmet Ertugrul, have also been confirmed to be petrified wood.
Confirmed by who? Where is your evidence, you know we are certainly not taking your word for it, nor anything you find on any "Lying for Jesus" site...Why was there no footage of the find on the video? They videoed everything else up to and including the bottled water....I call hoax.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

Don't you find it a little odd that after two years the most spectacular discovery in human history has failed to make the mainstream news and only appears on some little religious website?
It appears to me, the only time the main stream news gets worked up. Is when someone claims they have another proof for evolution. Bible discoveries usually end up on page 12. How much coverage did the Tel Dan discovery get that confirmed the existance of King David? Most people could care less about the reality of the Bible. So no, I don't find it odd at all.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:29 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,892,755 times
Cool Quick now; no more deflections or denials.....

OK now. I'm definitely calling BS here. You've posted several otherv responses since my simple question 10 minutes or so ago, bolded and in nice readable RED.

You didn't answer. Did you watch the video I found and linked, Tom? Did you? Others have, and responded as well.

So... again:

Is this what you consider "hard new evidence", Tom? Is this the quality of stuff you hold dear, that proves to your open mind that this is the Ark, and not just some wood in an old cave?

Next big question for me would be: where's the results of the Singapore examination? The carbon dating? Did Mr. Ertugrul ever go back, and how much profit did he make on those subsequent trips? Did he ever take along a credible paleontological/geological/geological team (or even a single educated individual?) with a camera they weren't afraid to point at the so-called "find"?

Can/will you answer my first simple question, Tom?

If not, I'll have to answer it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.