Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 PM

55 posts, read 66,741 times

Advertisements

Sheep herders and uneducated??...I sense anger and racism there. I do not live in fear, for I do not live as the world does in its get high, get drunk, commit adultery, murder people, lie, steal, cheat, gay marriage, kill babies, and take advantage of the poor, or ignore the poor lifestyle.
[SIZE=4]2 Timothy 1:7...
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. You say do not live according to the bible written by sheep herders,...the bible tells me to love people, not to kill, steal, or destroy. Not to envy, not to gossip, to forgive and not hate. To help the poor, to be kind, that every race is a child of God,that marriage is to be kept pure and sacred, that a good wife is more precious than rubies, that children are a blessing. If you proved to me that evolution is real, which you cannot and neither can anyone else,or it wouldnt still be called "a theory". But, if you prove to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that evoultion is true, I would still pattern my life after the words written by your so called "sheep herders".
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]LOVE CONQUERS ALL, JUST AS JESUS DID.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
Sheep herders and uneducated??...I sense anger and racism there. I do not live in fear, for I do not live as the world does in its get high, get drunk, commit adultery, murder people, lie, steal, cheat, gay marriage, kill babies, and take advantage of the poor, or ignore the poor lifestyle.
[SIZE=4]2 Timothy 1:7...
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. You say do not live according to the bible written by sheep herders,...the bible tells me to love people, not to kill, steal, or destroy. Not to envy, not to gossip, to forgive and not hate. To help the poor, to be kind, that every race is a child of God,that marriage is to be kept pure and sacred, that a good wife is more precious than rubies, that children are a blessing. If you proved to me that evolution is real, which you cannot and neither can anyone else,or it wouldnt still be called "a theory". But, if you prove to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that evoultion is true, I would still pattern my life after the words written by your so called "sheep herders".
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]LOVE CONQUERS ALL, JUST AS JESUS DID.[/SIZE]
No anger, cant be angry at those I did not know, and BTW my great uncle ranched sheep, so no racism either, unike the writers of the bible.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:48 PM

Well good, too many people in the world like that. The apostle Paul, who has been proven to existed was a great and smart man. He was no sheep herder, he was important to rome and everyone else who hated christians during his time. He gave up his life for the ministry of Jesus Christ, and was eventually beheaded for his belief...explain why he would do that, he jailed and killed christians, then one day he hears Jesus, and changes his life..people were astonished,,,they couldnt believe it! If someone was about to cut your head off and end your life for your belief in evolution, would you still proclaim it? Would you leave your family a headless corpse for your belief? I am being extreme I know, and I apologize, but these are serious times in the world...but would you honestly, die for your belief in evolution? Or would you say; no, no,no, I do not believe in evolution!! would you save your neck? Paul didnt,with his last breath before the blade came down, he proclaimed Jesus, as did Peter, and all of the disciples but John,Judas(who killed himself) and Thomas.....I think Thomas.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:49 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
Quote:
I do not live in fear, for I do not live as the world does in its get high, get drunk, commit adultery, murder people, lie, steal, cheat, gay marriage, kill babies, and take advantage of the poor, or ignore the poor lifestyle.
Everyone in the world ? Everyone? You honestly think that the the vast majority of the world is doing all these things? I gotta tell ya, a lot of your "saved" do all of the above on a daily basis and just put on a great game face on Sunday. I'm talking about just the average believer too. They just haven't gotten caught yet. That's not to mention the higher profile cases such as:

Jimmy "How Much?" Swaggart,
Jim "I Like Big Ones" Bakker,
Robert "I Love to Swindle Old Ladies" Tilton,
Oral "Emotional Blackmail" Roberts,
Mike "The Liar" Warnke,
Bennie "Slight of Hand" Hinn, and everybody's favorite
Ted "I Loves Me Some Mens and Meth" Haggard.

Sorry, not impressed with the "holiness and sanctification".

Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Well good, too many people in the world like that. The apostle Paul, who has been proven to existed was a great and smart man. He was no sheep herder, he was important to rome and everyone else who hated christians during his time. He gave up his life for the ministry of Jesus Christ, and was eventually beheaded for his belief...explain why he would do that, he jailed and killed christians, then one day he hears Jesus, and changes his life..people were astonished,,,they couldnt believe it! If someone was about to cut your head off and end your life for your belief in evolution, would you still proclaim it? Would you leave your family a headless corpse for your belief? I am being extreme I know, and I apologize, but these are serious times in the world...but would you honestly, die for your belief in evolution? Or would you say; no, no,no, I do not believe in evolution!! would you save your neck? Paul didnt,with his last breath before the blade came down, he proclaimed Jesus, as did Peter, and all of the disciples but John,Judas(who killed himself) and Thomas.....I think Thomas.
And there was a real St. nick aka Santa Claus, does that make all the stories of him flying around in a sleigh and living in the North Pole true, nope.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:06 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
Question But the cause and effect of worlds at Liberty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And there was a real St. nick aka Santa Claus, does that make all the stories of him flying around in a sleigh and living in the North Pole true, nope.
Yes; how far do we have to go back? Nobody responsible for him.

only those things in need to concern at done events matter for Being OR not-Being.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:16 PM

Judge all by the lives of a few, not a good way to live. But, its your life. All I know is I do not lie cheat or steal ,or kill or kill little unborn babies or have sex with men....yuck!!! I love God, the supernatural miracles have happend to this once athiest man!! My family is a great Godly family, people love to be around us, because we have GODS love in our hearts. Maybe you will find it someday, the way you bash, and hate, and judge and degrade people shows you do not, and that is sad. But, I bet overall your a great person, and I would love to sit down and have a latte with you, but that will not happen. I pray you one day realize its okay to believe it what you cannot see, its okay to give your heart and life to someone higher than the stars, that its great to know that we were not once little organisms that came from an explosion and washed up on a sandy beach and evolved into apes, and then into what we see today. Its great to know that we are divine, we are special, we are not meaningless, we are not here today and gone tomorrow, but we can live forever with our families in a place with no more hurting, no more pain, and no more hatred. WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO LIVE A LIFE FULL OF HOPE AND LOVE? WHY NOT TRY AND GIVE YOUR HEART TO THE PERSON WHO WAS CRUCIFIED FOR YOU? You know, you can find muhammads body, and a lot of other bones of those claiming to have been born and to be great, but they will never find the body of Jesus, though they look even now, people are being paid secretly by our government to find his body, they will never find it...FOR HE HAS RISEN!! P.S....Im not a child, santa claus doesnt exist in the way he is portrayed......but funny...I appreciate the sarcasm...God bless you.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Judge all by the lives of a few, not a good way to live. But, its your life. All I know is I do not lie cheat or steal ,or kill or kill little unborn babies or have sex with men....yuck!!! I love God, the supernatural miracles have happend to this once athiest man!! My family is a great Godly family, people love to be around us, because we have GODS love in our hearts. Maybe you will find it someday, the way you bash, and hate, and judge and degrade people shows you do not, and that is sad. But, I bet overall your a great person, and I would love to sit down and have a latte with you, but that will not happen. I pray you one day realize its okay to believe it what you cannot see, its okay to give your heart and life to someone higher than the stars, that its great to know that we were not once little organisms that came from an explosion and washed up on a sandy beach and evolved into apes, and then into what we see today. Its great to know that we are divine, we are special, we are not meaningless, we are not here today and gone tomorrow, but we can live forever with our families in a place with no more hurting, no more pain, and no more hatred. WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO LIVE A LIFE FULL OF HOPE AND LOVE? WHY NOT TRY AND GIVE YOUR HEART TO THE PERSON WHO WAS CRUCIFIED FOR YOU? You know, you can find muhammads body, and a lot of other bones of those claiming to have been born and to be great, but they will never find the body of Jesus, though they look even now, people are being paid secretly by our government to find his body, they will never find it...FOR HE HAS RISEN!! P.S....Im not a child, santa claus doesnt exist in the way he is portrayed......but funny...I appreciate the sarcasm...God bless you.
What ever floats your boat, I happen to love men, especially my husband. And I dont judge, not my job, I also dont follow a book full of horror and abuse and discrimination. In my definition a God should be all loving and NEVER wipe out people because he didnt like what they were doing, he would love and accept regardless, as he expects the people to do of him. But this is not the case, you only get his love when you play by his rules. Sorry I dont play that way, I love regardless, I love my gay friends and do not think they are destined for hell becasue they are who they are. And I love my husband's Pagan family, becasue they accept me and have never treated people badly, nor do they discriminate. Like I said, what ever floats your boat. Enjoy the holidays.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:30 PM

I love gay people, not their sin. I love the people that murder little unborn babies, but I hate what they do. If you had people come into your home to rape, molest, or kill your family and friends, would you wipe them out if you could before it happened?? ...SO would I, as a studier of the bible and not just an occasional reader like yourself, that is what you find out God did,,,these people were abusing,killing and torturing Gods people, so he took care of business,,,,and Im glad he did. I guess you do not like that america helped wipe out the NAZIS, they were murdering people by the millions, should we have slapped them on the wrist? No, you take them out as we did,and yes some lived, but they were pretty muched wiped out thank God. Maybe, since I am educated in the matters we have discussed, My point isnt getting across to you, thats okay. But please to not insult our God the way you are, would you tell a muslim or peagan the things you are saying to me? No, you wouldnt, thank you for understanding. And a little advice, do not talk down or try and change the heart of a believer when you have not fully understood what there is to believe, you are uneducated in the matter, the bible teaches to love,, and that love is the greatest give you can recieve or give, not to be mean and talk bad about people. Its nice to know tha I serve a GOd who will protect his family as Im sure you would. And tell your gay friends that Sam from down South loves them to, but you cant get get a baby cow from two bulls!!!!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:30 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Nea1, if you will show me how it is possible, I and everyone else in the world will shut up and change our lives. Theres no way I could show you, Im a common man, but I promise you, God is real. I've had dreams of myself preaching to people before I did, people have told me they had dreams of me preaching to people before I ever did. Ive had a crossbow arrow go through my wrist hitting everything but the second artery and main nerve and stopping just short of my face, and my doctor tell me its nothing more than a miracle....then I find out my mother woke up with a bad feeling about me that same morning and was praying for God to protect me....explain that. Take a look at the earth and its creative beauty, how awesome it is! Do you honestly think that something that BLEW UP created something beautiful, and only on our planet? Take a box of legos from walmart, there will be a picture on the front that shows you what you will have once you put all the pieces together...everything you need to create this cool object is in the box...take that box and simulate as best you can or as best anyone can an explosion like the big bang, or any explosion,...do you think that once it explodes your pieces will be put together?? NO, they will be ruined, think about it.....EXPLOSION!! ....DESTRUCTION!! This planet wasnt a matter of chance, and neither are you, give your heart to God, I pray you challenge God in a respectful way, when you do that and quit looking at the what ifs, you will see God and his beauty across this great planet.
You have been shown, you just refuse to see it and cling to what amounts to a poorly written fantasy novel.

Your comment above attempting to deride the many, many dating methods, all of which stand up to peer review, illustrates beautifully your inherent refusal to accept scientific findings and knowledge when it disproves your scriptures.

Noah's flood didn't happen. We have written langages older than your religion, or that of your parent religion, Judeism. Some global flood is sonspiciously absent from those writtings. We also knwo there isn't; enough water on, or in, the planet to completely inundate the surface. And between miminal viable population physics and jsut the plain fact that tens of millions of animals, birds, fish, and insects are NOT going to fit aboard a wooden craft, even if they all lives within walking, flying, and flopping distance, should tell the rational mind the entire myth is bupkis.

So your rather laughable attempt to claim that the flood somehow changed the inherent qualities of rock and soil to the point of scewing scientific dating methods is simply dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality