Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 02:00 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
Judge all by the lives of a few, not a good way to live. But, its your life. All I know is I do not lie cheat or steal ,or kill or kill little unborn babies or have sex with men....yuck!!! I
I do not judge all by the lives of a few. Yet if someone says "I am not like those of the world" does that not amount to the same thing? As to the things you mentioned, well, neither do I do any of those things, yet I am not a Christian (I follow the traditional ways of my Comanche people). Given a world view that unless one is a born again Christian, how is that possible, I wonder?

When you speak as you did about how the "world" is so evil and does all the horrible thing and you do not, I would remind you of the words of your own book:

Luke 18:9-14
"Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this:

‘God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.’

But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn’t even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying,

‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Last edited by Fullback32; 12-31-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 02:00 PM

55 posts, read 66,741 times
AFTER the respect and great hope I have displayed for you, and after all we have discussed, all you can say is that I have no clue what I am talking about?? Wow, you have been defeated by way of typed communication. You had a lot to say previously, and I enjoyed our conversations, but now I see you have nothing else profitable to man or beast to say.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:01 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
AFTER the respect and great hope I have displayed for you, and after all we have discussed, all you can say is that I have no clue what I am talking about?? Wow, you have been defeated by way of typed communication. You had a lot to say previously, and I enjoyed our conversations, but now I see you have nothing else profitable to man or beast to say.
No defeat! That's laughable. Yes, you have no idea what you are talking about, you dont know what my education is do you? So no, you have no idea.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:02 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
AXISMUNDI, thank you for your concern and lack of proof of what you say. The continents were once all together correct? I agree with that, pangea,,the super continent...they seperated after the crucifixion of christ, for the bible states when he died, a great earthquake shook the earth. Noahs flood was before that, so not impossible for all animals to be around each other and in same location. And as far as the carbon dating is concerned, do a little more studying like I have in college, you will find it to be true what I have said. And remember, God is supernatural, hes isnt limited like humans, he can do whatever and however he wants whenver he wants, thats awesome isnt it! And there are over 200 stories from different tribes of people who talk about a great flood my friend,,,read a little more, do not accept only what you have been told,,,examine closely all the details.
Another great thing, did you guys know that there are ancient indian portraits of men facing large animals that are drawn exactly as the t-rex fossils appear? Funny, evolutionist say dinosaurs were here millions of years ago, but yet people that lived a few thousand years ago drew pictures of them on caves and cliffs and their pottery,but I guess those ancient indians were trained archaeologist,lol.
And as far as dinosaurs on Noahs ark,,,not boat,,,ark,,which is a big ship like men build today, couldnt Noah have taken eggs of dinosaurs, or baby dinosaurs before they got too big?? And by the way, Noah had years to build the ark, a massive boat for you others, the ancient egyptians built massive pyramids with secret tunnels and rooms, couldnt people have built a massive "boat"?
Oh please, not the hydroplaning continent BS. There is simply no evidence to suggest this fantasy, and it is also physically impossible.

Pangea broke up some 250 million years ago. The human race is only about 150 THOUSAND years old, and your bible claims the earth is 6,000 years old. Doesn't add up does it.

And I would suggest you stay off of YECer sites that claim dino frauds are real if you want to retain any credibility on this site.

Finally, the minimal viablility population is around 50 mating couples. A pair of each animal jsut doesn;t cut it, nor can ANY craft built by humans, modern and especially wooden, hold two of every animal on the planet anyways.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:04 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
We do indeed knwo exactly what you "are talking about".

YECer noncense easily debunked.

You were "defeated" the before you even turned your computer on today.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:10 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
AXISMUNDI, thank you for your concern and lack of proof of what you say. The continents were once all together correct? I agree with that, pangea,,the super continent...they seperated after the crucifixion of christ, for the bible states when he died, a great earthquake shook the earth. Noahs flood was before that, so not impossible for all animals to be around each other and in same location. And as far as the carbon dating is concerned, do a little more studying like I have in college, you will find it to be true what I have said. And remember, God is supernatural, hes isnt limited like humans, he can do whatever and however he wants whenver he wants, thats awesome isnt it! And there are over 200 stories from different tribes of people who talk about a great flood my friend,,,read a little more, do not accept only what you have been told,,,examine closely all the details.
Another great thing, did you guys know that there are ancient indian portraits of men facing large animals that are drawn exactly as the t-rex fossils appear? Funny, evolutionist say dinosaurs were here millions of years ago, but yet people that lived a few thousand years ago drew pictures of them on caves and cliffs and their pottery,but I guess those ancient indians were trained archaeologist,lol.
And as far as dinosaurs on Noahs ark,,,not boat,,,ark,,which is a big ship like men build today, couldnt Noah have taken eggs of dinosaurs, or baby dinosaurs before they got too big?? And by the way, Noah had years to build the ark, a massive boat for you others, the ancient egyptians built massive pyramids with secret tunnels and rooms, couldnt people have built a massive "boat"?

Wow, I didn't realize that some people still believed this stuff!!!!!

You probably think the world is flat too lol

Old 12-31-2009, 02:12 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
And this process that scientist use to tell how old a rock or dirt is, I forget, but they put an object into a machine of some sort and it gives a guestimate of how old it is...someone let me know what this process is called please.
Brilliant eh! Here is a dude dismissing a scientific process and he doesn't even know what that process is called much less what it does. Where do these people come from??

Quote:
He gave up his life for the ministry of Jesus Christ, and was eventually beheaded for his belief...explain why he would do that,
Sure I will....just as soon as you explain why Islamic zealots strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves to pieces. I mean, surely someone wouldn't do that for something that wasn't true would they?

Quote:
All I know is I do not lie cheat or steal ,or kill or kill little unborn babies or have sex with men....
Well neither do I so what's your point?

Quote:
Maybe you will find it someday, the way you bash, and hate, and judge and degrade people shows you do not, and that is sad.
Ah yes! Another one of god's chosen judges.

Quote:
I pray you one day realize its okay to believe it what you cannot see, ....
So when are you going to start believing in Mermaids?

Quote:
........its great to know that we were not once little organisms that came from an explosion and washed up on a sandy beach and evolved into apes, and then into what we see today.
...another one that hasn't got even a basic grasp of evolution.

Quote:
WHY NOT TRY AND GIVE YOUR HEART TO THE PERSON WHO WAS CRUCIFIED FOR YOU?
Why don't you try to give your heart to Brahma?

Old 12-31-2009, 02:16 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
You sir, have bashed this that and the other to no avail, but the topic on this thread is show me proof of creation.. Have you got it? If you have let's see it. Arguing against evolution, evil atheists etc. is off topic.

Prove to me that God created all and I will abandon my atheism.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM

55 posts, read 66,741 times
Okay, whatever makes you guys feel better about your belief. God is supernatural, remember that. And as a christian, though you guys have started to demean me, and criticize me, I love you all in Christ, you are my brothers and sisters, and I would pray for your needs in a heartbeat. I pray you all find the love of God someday. Nea1, I never questioned your education, I simply stated you were not as eduacted in christianity as I am, I have to be, for I am paid to teach it...Not trying to upset you, but it was clear you did not have as much understanding of the bible as I do. One day all will bow down to the on God of all, one day all people will see Jesus in his Glory!
Well my leftwing democratic friends from the NOrth, I must say so long for now. I have to prepare for the rest of this week, I must prepare for next week, and I must play xbox for the next hour...yes I am a young educated preacher...eventually, I will have videos on youtube and myspace of my preaching and teaching, I will be stepping into evangelism this year. I will on this same place and topic, post when and where you can check me out and put a face to the words you are reading this very moment, I only ask that if you do visit, just say hello, or wow you look good...lol!! God bless you all, and may the the love of Jesus Christ fill your hearts with warmth,joy,peace hope and love, but love will be the greates of all these.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Wow, I didn't realize that some people still believed this stuff!!!!!

You probably think the world is flat too lol
What's laughable is that he says, "go study it" to people who have probably been studying it for longer than he's been on this planet.

What a hoot!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality