Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times

Advertisements

Rom 1:20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You have no excuse for denying the Creator of you and you know it. You just want to be nabal/fools, like David sang about.
nabal

Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
So, fellowmen,
Today, in this day/age of the freewill offer to be saved in the name of the New Man/Christ, you "live and move and have your being in God your Creator", whose "Light lights you" while you have your being intact; and lights you in the hopes that you may seek Him; and seeking, find him; for "He is not far from every one of us", as Paul said in Acts 17.

But what happens when He withdraws His Light from you, forever, because you refuse His call in your inner man without repenting, and so depart and go to your place to await your day of judgment? Well, then you get your desire! You will lose the Light you do have, and you will sink down, away from "His Face, Light and Glory, into the blackness of darkness; and you will then remain without His Light there, forever.

While you play the fool by denying His conviction in your inner man, that is what you think you want; but on that day, God's Word declares that you will bow the knee to Jesus Christ when you see Him in His Glory, and you will confess Him as LORD, and that you will wish that you had a little rest to confess Him, then, and give glory to Him, then.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdhdh33 View Post
There are some really large gaps in the evolutionary theory like where did anything at all come from much less the mathematically impossible convergence of life supporting materials spotaneously springing to life on Earth.
I'm not asking you to disprove evolution...I want to see proof from your side....Perhaps you can enlist the aid of Ray Comfort. (The banana man)

Where is your cosmological argument?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
So, fellowmen,
Today, in this day/age of the freewill offer to be saved in the name of the New Man/Christ, you "live and move and have your being in God your Creator", whose "Light lights you" while you have your being intact; and lights you in the hopes that you may seek Him; and seeking, find him; for "He is not far from every one of us", as Paul said in Acts 17.

But what happens when He withdraws His Light from you, forever, because you refuse His call in your inner man without repenting, and so depart and go to your place to await your day of judgment? Well, then you get your desire! You will lose the Light you do have, and you will sink down, away from "His Face, Light and Glory, into the blackness of darkness; and you will then remain without His Light there, forever.

While you play the fool by denying His conviction in your inner man, that is what you think you want; but on that day, God's Word declares that you will bow the knee to Jesus Christ when you see Him in His Glory, and you will confess Him as LORD, and that you will wish that you had a little rest to confess Him, then, and give glory to Him, then.
Standard rebuttal

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
So, fellowmen,

This is just baseless preaching. Atheists believe in facts, which are things that have been proven and of course things that exist in the real world. If your god exists then prove it. If creationism is true then prove it. I'm not talking about clouds and sunsets. What constitutes as proof is that which has been empirically proven. Your say so doesn't make it so. The problem is that you have no proof, no facts, no evidence and no logic to support your claims. Until you can empirically substantiate your beliefs there will be no reason to believe they're anything more than hogwash.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Lots of OT posting going on in this thread. The subject is proof of creationism. Yet I see post after post of dealing with sin, God in your heart, etc.

As of yet, there hasn't been one shred of evidence shown to prove creationism. Scriptures in the bible do not qualify as proof!

Is evolution true? Who knows, but there exists so much evidence to prove it. The task was simple: Show us proof of creationism. Stay on topic!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:38 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Default Creation itself testifies of a Creator

I value and appreciate both science and religion, each has an important part to play in the modern world. And I do my best to love and respect all of God's children regardless of what they believe, even if they deny their very soul. I accept that everyone reading this has the right to believe what they will, and to express that belief in a civil manner on this and other boards.

I'm not big on discussing "isms" and "ists" but I always have something good to say about my Father in Heaven. I think this thread might be an appropriate place to speak up a bit because I, like many others, see the hand of God everywhere I look, and some writing in this thread apparently seem to think that I and others don't. Maybe I should ask them to PROVE that we don't, but that might be meddling with the faith they have in their belief that God does not exist...

To use an analogy for all it may be worth, it seems from their writings that some atheists in effect choose to keep themselves locked up inside a tight little box of their own making. They think perhaps that they pulled into that box with them everything that is 'real' and nothing else exists, at least not until they discover it, in their own way, and with their own tools.

Some atheists perhaps peek outside now and then and notice that there are still people walking around doing things, and it troubles them. A bold one steps outside the box but stays close, not glancing around much. He reaches into the box and pulls out a manufactured tool, a microscope perhaps. He beckons the nearest outsider over to the box and invites him to look through the microscope. Prior to that of course the atheist made sure that the tool is clearly focused on the atheist's thumbnail, which has already been proven to exist, and peer reviewed at that!

The bold atheist holds his breath, expecting the outsider to have an 'aha' moment. When the outsider just looks at him questioningly, the atheist explains to the outsider what he just saw and the meaning of it; though that could change, the atheist discloses, when we've invented better tools, it happens every day.

He then proudly challenges the outsider, here, now use my instrument to PROVE to me that there's more to me than just a thumbnail!

The outsider just shakes his head and goes back to the world the atheist denies.

Another atheist inside the box isn't bold enough to venture outside but through a hole (darned holes, gotta find a way to prove they don't exist) notices that there is something just outside the box. He pulls out a manufactured tool, once again a microscope, carefully examines the object outside, reaches conclusions, invites his peers to do the same, and they publish what they saw to those inside their box. It's an 'aha' moment for all the atheists who trust their scientists to look through the holes and tell them what's real.

Meanwhile, those nearby walking around outside wonder why that little box is so dangerously close to that elephant's foot!

Russell M. Nelson, MD PhD, was among the team of doctors who invented the heart-lung machine and was one of the first doctors to perform open heart surgery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_M._Nelson

Today Russell M. Nelson is an Apostle of Jesus Christ, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Elder Nelson once spoke on the topic of creation. He speaks of "components" and "phases" of creation, and of its purpose and the destiny of earth. Here are a few extracts from that talk.

"I testify that the earth and all life upon it are of divine origin. The Creation did not happen by chance. It did not come ex nihilo (out of nothing). And human minds and hands able to build buildings or create computers are not accidental. It is God who made us and not we ourselves. We are His people! The Creation itself testifies of a Creator. We cannot disregard the divine in the Creation. Without our grateful awareness of God’s hand in the Creation, we would be just as oblivious to our provider as are goldfish swimming in a bowl..."

"Each phase of the Creation was well planned before it was accomplished. Scripture tells us that “the Lord God, created all things … spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth. The physical Creation itself was staged through ordered periods of time. In Genesis and Moses, those periods are called days. But in the book of Abraham, each period is referred to as a time. Whether termed a day, a time, or an age, each phase was a period between two identifiable events—a division of eternity."

"While visiting the British Museum in London one day, I read a most unusual book. It is not scripture. It is an English translation of an ancient Egyptian manuscript. From it, I quote a dialogue between the Father and the Son. Referring to His Father, Jehovah—the premortal Lord—says:

“He took the clay from the hand of the angel, and made Adam according to Our image and likeness, and He left him lying for forty days and forty nights without putting breath into him. And He heaved sighs over him daily, saying, ‘If I put breath into this [man], he must suffer many pains.’ And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be an advocate for him.’ And My Father said unto Me, ‘If I put breath into him, My beloved Son, Thou wilt be obliged to go down into the world, and to suffer many pains for him before Thou shalt have redeemed him, and made him to come back to his primal state.’ And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be his advocate, and I will go down into the world, and will fulfill Thy command.’

Although this text is not scripture, it reaffirms scriptures that teach of the deep and compassionate love of the Father for the Son, and of the Son for us—attesting that Jesus volunteered willingly to be our Savior and Redeemer.

The Lord God declared, “This is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” He who, under direction of the Father, had created the earth, subsequently came into mortality to do the will of His Father and to fulfill all prophecies of the Atonement. His Atonement would redeem every soul from the penalties of personal transgression, on conditions that He set."

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=cfc76a4430c0 c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7 db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
So, despite post #77....we still have no evidence of 'creation'.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Sorry Justamere10, the ones in boxes are theists. Most of us heathen have come out of theism so we have been where you are.

I personally believed in the BS w/o evidence but eventually rational and logic came back to me. Now I seek real evidence, not some mamby pamby made up s..t by the church. If gawd is so omni everything, surely he can take time out of his busy schedule to provide us with irrefutable proof of his existence.

Why should we merely believe when in all honesty, so much of religion and the bible has been shown to be false or at minimum questionable even by biblical scholars. The fact that you theists cannot even agree to who or what god is/wants et al, already throws a spanner in the works.

When you take a few steps away, all that atheists have done is come out and declared their unbelief. Essentially, in real life, there is little discernible difference between the two camps. We just choose not to believe in what we term as myths.

Now if gawd could just regenerate an amputee's lost limb maybe then we would believe, but my guess is that science will splice the genes of that lizard that regrows lost limbs (or stem cell applications) with ours before gawd makes an appearance.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:

You have no excuse for denying the Creator of you and you know it. You just want to be nabal/fools, like David sang about.
nabal
No god or gods created me. My dad effed my mom, his sperm impregnated her, and nine months later I was born. It's not a miracle or a gift of god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality