Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:57 PM

437 posts, read 1,068,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabEyes View Post
LOL. You all have to remember that the story of Mary and the Immaculate Conception that we have been taught has been edited, manipulated,?

Sorry, not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,795,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Sorry, not true.
Sure it has, especially considering the entire story was copied off of earlier "virgin birth/messiah/sons of god" myths and cults.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:58 PM

52 posts, read 106,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Sorry, not true.
Im sorry, you are mistaken. Maybe you should crack a book other than the King James version of the Bible. Seriously. Im not saying that none of it is true, there have just been omissions and some serious manipulations. Dont be so blind.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,337,499 times
Mary had a little Lamb.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,917,963 times
Yo Mary, you so fine. Yeah. My homey back here says you his type. He wants to get to know you, you know? Anyway, he says he done all kinds of chicks, Greek chicks, Egyptian chicks, Sumerian chicks, even those Mongolian chicks up in the mountains, but he ain't never had no Jewish Princess. So what do you say? You up for a little boom-boom with the Almighty? Yeah, I know you diggin on Joseph and all, but don't worry about that. See, me and Joe and my Glock, we had a little talk, you know? He's gonna be alright with it. It's all good. So, my homey gonna come get some play, alright? Don't be bitin or nothing, he don't like that.

For entertainment purposes only.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,668,698 times
Wow! It even made the news

The Spoof : God charged with rape funny satire story

Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,431,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah I know it is a weird thought. It popped in my head a few weeks ago. Does anyone think that God, if it were true and all, actually asked Mary if it would be okay to make her have a baby? It seems to me that forcing it on her was kind of a violation. Anyone agree? I don't think I've ever heard this discussed anywhere.
Yes, God asked Mary through the angel.

Mary answered with the famous reply: "And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her." (Luke 1:38)

She could have said "Not so my lord for I am a virgin and I will be divorced from my husband and stoned and bring shame upon my family". God would not have impregnated her and she would have been in the right, but instead she trusted God.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,051,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post

Mary answered with the famous reply: "And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her." (Luke 1:38)

She could have said "Not so my lord for I am a virgin and I will be divorced from my husband and stoned and bring shame upon my family". God would not have impregnated her and she would have been in the right, but instead she trusted God.
So angels are like pimps?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:02 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,795,307 times
Quote:

Riiight, and after she said no, God would have cursed her, her family and all her descendants, killed all the livestock and firstborn males within a hundred miles, turned all the drinking water to blood, sent plagues of locusts to eat all the crops and generally made everyone's life a living hell for her disagreeing with his wishes.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,982,738 times
Quote:

I mean, no offense Nikk, but do you REALLY believe what you just wrote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality