Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 PM

240 posts, read 436,467 times

Advertisements

Oh come on Ican't believe the insanity in what you all are saying,you make it seem like God raped Mary,Mary loved God she worshipped him if you would read the word witha discerning spirit,Mary felt like she was not worthy to carry as they said this holy thing.It was a blessing,an honor toherto be carrying Jesus,did he need her permission heck no,just like he does not need permission from me you or anyone else to do anything.
Just imagine if you was God ,the creator of all things,be serious and dont lie would you ask anyone permission for anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 04:50 PM

33,507 posts, read 37,025,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
Oh come on Ican't believe the insanity in what you all are saying,you make it seem like God raped Mary,Mary loved God she worshipped him if you would read the word witha discerning spirit,Mary felt like she was not worthy to carry as they said this holy thing.It was a blessing,an honor toherto be carrying Jesus,did he need her permission heck no,just like he does not need permission from me you or anyone else to do anything.
Just imagine if you was God ,the creator of all things,be serious and dont lie would you ask anyone permission for anything
Thank you for clearing that up...That makes most of us a lot more moral and better than your god.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,795,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
Well yes I would, but I guess I'm just silly that way, being respectful of others feelings and all. But then again I also wouldn't need a global flood to clean up the world I allowed to get into a mess, a 900 year old man to build a boat to save some animals, nor would I as God need a "son" to send to earth and die a horrible death just to use as a sacrifice to myself to compensate for an illogical system of sin debt BS that I (never would have) had setup in the first place..

Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,804,563 times
yes, she had to say yes because God gave us free will so he couldn't violate Mary's free will, and it's not like it was really sex people, I mean, kind of but not really, yes she was impregnated but it's not like they had intercourse or anything, and not to mention it was to save the world. If she said no he'd probably just go ask someone else I think. I mean, I'd like to think he would of, that would be putting a lot of pressure on Mary to be like, well you're the only one I'm going to ask sooo.....lol geez, uhh don't worry stay cool Mary it'll be fine

Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,831,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah I know it is a weird thought. It popped in my head a few weeks ago.
This is the suggestion of Satan and his devils that popped in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Does anyone think that God, if it were true and all, actually asked Mary if it would be okay to make her have a baby? It seems to me that forcing it on her was kind of a violation. Anyone agree? I don't think I've ever heard this discussed anywhere.

God does not ask permission to do whatever He wants; it is His creation and His possession and no one can ask or object to Him concerning His kindgom and authority.

Moreover, concerning Mary, the mother of Jesus, she surprised and hesitated, or say objected maybe, when she was told by the angel Gabriel that she will be honored by bearing the baby: Jesus in her womb; and the angel Gabriel told her: it is something decreed by God and will inevitably take place.

This is in the Quran 19: 20-21
قَالَتْ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا . قَالَ كَذَلِكِ قَالَ رَبُّكِ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَلِنَجْعَلَهُ آيَةً لِلنَّاسِ وَرَحْمَةً مِّنَّا وَكَانَ أَمْرًا مَّقْضِيًّا

The explanation:
([Mary] said: "How can I have any son when no human being has ever made any [sexual] contact with me, neither have I been unchaste!?"

[Gabriel] said: "So it shall be; your Lord says: Easy is that for Me; and that We shall make him a miracle for people [to Our might], and a mercy from Us [to those that believe in his prophet-hood and believe him]; it is a matter decreed.")

Last edited by eanassir; 10-02-2009 at 01:29 PM..

Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM

no she had to say yes, you either have free will or you don't if one person on the face of the planet does not have free will, than free will from God is not so, so either you say we have no free will, or Mary had to say yes, wiki explanation if that will do for you "The principle of free will has religious, ethical, and scientific implications. For example, in the religious realm, free will implies that an omnipotent divinity does not assert its power over individual will and choices."

Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,831,590 times
This is not related to free will in any way; the free will to choose the belief: either to choose the right one and be rewarded for it, or choose the wrong choice and be punished for it.

While such ordinance has nothing in relation to free will.

Moreover, all people have the free will, while the prophets and apostles are obliged to walk according to God's instruction and revelation for the purpose of making people happy.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:21 PM

ok, either God asserted his power over Mary's choice to become pregnant or not or he didn't, how is this not relevant to the concept of free will? We choose to accept the consequences i.e. a baby if we have sex, here is where you have the choice whether to have sex or not and a baby is a potential consequence (a good one ) people are capable of violating our God given right to choose, this is rape. God had to have Mary's permission to impregnate her or he does force himself on people if he forced himself on a person in some manner once in the coarse of human history

Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,504,495 times
whatever spectacular conclusion one may arrive at, given the nature and quality of the op's question, there would still remain a cause and a reason to ask "why so?"

Old 10-02-2009, 05:15 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,390,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
no she had to say yes, you either have free will or you don't if one person on the face of the planet does not have free will, than free will from God is not so, so either you say we have no free will, or Mary had to say yes, wiki explanation if that will do for you "The principle of free will has religious, ethical, and scientific implications. For example, in the religious realm, free will implies that an omnipotent divinity does not assert its power over individual will and choices."

Well you got one thing right. According to the bible there is NO free will! I'm sure all those babies who god killed didn't choose to have their heads smashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality