Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 01:54 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hoshea - Hosea - Chapter 11:

1 For, when Israel was young, I loved him, and from Egypt I called My son.

Rashi:

and from Egypt I called My son: through My prophets to cleave to My Torah. But what did they do?…

2 The more they called to them, the more they went away from them; to the baalim they would slaughter sacrifices, and to the graven images they would burn incense.

Rashi:

The more they called to them, the more they went away from them: As much as the prophets call to teach them the good way, so did they turn their backs to run away from them and they would slaughter sacrifices to the baalim. It is customary for Scripture to speak in this manner. Comp. (above 4:7) “The more they have increased, the more they have sinned against Me” ; (Ex. 1:12) “And the more they afflicted them, the more they increased.”

You forgot verse 2...So, you are stating that Jesus did what is in verse 2?...
Who is Rashi and why should we care what he said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Visvaldis wrote:

That sounds about right. I wonder if The Holy Spirit had a cigarette afterwards.
He did in fact have a smoke and proceeded to <bleep> "oh honey, you're gonna love the outcome." Poor Mary.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-11-2017 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: Had to put in a <bleep>

Old 11-11-2017, 02:46 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Who is Rashi and why should we care what he said?
You should care.

There is a great and many mysteries unlocked when you begin to study the Temple and the comings and goings of the temple that you are claiming to be. We claim to be the body of Christ, the Temple, and if we knew ourselves, we would know God. To know the comings and goings of the Temple is to know thyself and who you are to God, and in many cases, one cannot find the truth of the Temple and many prophesies without seeking Jewish thought in Jewish writing. It is just how far you are willing to go in seeking God out.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You should care.

There is a great and many mysteries unlocked when you begin to study the Temple and the comings and goings of the temple that you are claiming to be. We claim to be the body of Christ, the Temple, and if we knew ourselves, we would know God. To know the comings and goings of the Temple is to know thyself and who you are to God, and in many cases, one cannot find the truth of the Temple and many prophesies without seeking Jewish thought in Jewish writing. It is just how far you are willing to go in seeking God out.
So who is Rashi? And why is this character authoritative?

Old 11-11-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
So who is Rashi? And why is this character authoritative?

God gave Israel their Sabbaths and their feast days to do what pleases him, but the bible does not have the information how these things were carried out and if you go and look into the traditions and rituals, they all point you to great mysteries to unlock when you will find all the idioms and sayings that are said in the temple when the priests are officiating in the Holy days like how the burning of incense plays out and the silence during this time. The Oral Torah was handed down from Generation to generation and Moses had written much of it down but there is still much more handed from generation to generation to then be written down. I don't agree with everything in the Oral Torah, nor does it agree when showing debates between Rabbis and varied thoughts and mentalities, but if you want to know everything Jesus is saying and you really want to know the New Testament, then you have to seek out all the Jewish Idioms, the Torah cycle, the appointed prayers in each Holy days, and how everything in the temple plays out. This is why people struggle so hard with Revelation and Matthew 24 because it is STRICTLY Jewish tradition, Jewish idioms about God's holy days. The day no man knows but the father is Rosh Hashanah, it was not supposed to be named so the enemy would not know judgment day, but everyone already knew that the feast of Trumpets would bring judgment against the nations of the world, it is the hidden day, Yom Hakeseh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afikoman

Everything you learn in Jewish tradition, ritual and idioms teaches truth, and sometimes the only place to find this truth is in the Oral Torah.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God gave Israel their Sabbaths and their feast days to do what pleases him, but the bible does not have the information how these things were carried out and if you go and look into the traditions and rituals, they all point you to great mysteries to unlock when you will find all the idioms and sayings that are said in the temple when the priests are officiating in the Holy days like how the burning of incense plays out and the silence during this time. The Oral Torah was handed down from Generation to generation and Moses had written much of it down but there is still much more handed from generation to generation to then be written down. I don't agree with everything in the Oral Torah, nor does it agree when showing debates between Rabbis and varied thoughts and mentalities, but if you want to know everything Jesus is saying and you really want to know the New Testament, then you have to seek out all the Jewish Idioms, the Torah cycle, the appointed prayers in each Holy days, and how everything in the temple plays out. This is why people struggle so hard with Revelation and Matthew 24 because it is STRICTLY Jewish tradition, Jewish idioms about God's holy days. The day no man knows but the father is Rosh Hashanah, it was not supposed to be named so the enemy would not know judgment day, but everyone already knew that the feast of Trumpets would bring judgment against the nations of the world, it is the hidden day, Yom Hakeseh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afikoman

Everything you learn in Jewish tradition, ritual and idioms teaches truth, and sometimes the only place to find this truth is in the Oral Torah.
So your reasoning is basically that of a Roman Catholic that simply tells me that tradition says it and we should believe it?

Old 11-11-2017, 03:54 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
I prefer the Holy Spirit my teacher as Jesus designated .
It is to God the Father I am accountable and my actions examined ,
be they my own invention, or the influence of the Holy Spirit, Jesus provides. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
All other influences are a distraction .
Jesus said , All I do is under the direction of the Father , to do His will.
Matthew 4; you can see ,He was not about to use scriptures to make excuses to feed the flesh, or circumvent His Father's design .
Why do men think they are better then Jesus ?

Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
So your reasoning is basically that of a Roman Catholic that simply tells me that tradition says it and we should believe it?
I don't know what you mean, the Roman Catholic is not in the religion of Jesus, they stopped all Gentiles to converting to Jesus. There is God's ways, and then there is the ways of the church. The church made the ways of God illegal because of their sheer hate for Jews, their hate for Jews were so bad that they made the commandments of God illegal to keep that no Gentile was being grafted under the covenant of Jesus.

Roman Catholic has their own laws that they invented for themselves saying that the pope has all the power in the world to omit, to change or alter the word of God as they see fit. They invented their own worship system and whether you are a Catholic or a Protestant, you follow Catholic law with their own invented worship system you choose to keep, their law is above God's law, that is your claim when you follow wholly Catholic law, you have now thrown the ways of Jesus out the window and created your own worship system, and this is what every Christian does. This was created out of sheer hatred for the Jews, so much hate, that the ways of God were outlawed, and YOU KEEP THEM.

If you were a Gentile wanting to follow Jesus in his feasts and sacrifices, you were persecuted and killed, and so no Gentile would join the covenant of Jesus.

YOU are in the Catholic covenant which has nothing to do with a Jewish Messiah and his law.

YOU follow what is wholly Catholic when they invented their own worship system, and when you keep man's invented worship system, you are opposed to God, and you certainly do not fall under the covenant Jesus brings to Ephraim and Judah.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
just like you believe the bible simply because someone else tells you too..what is so weird about that?

Old 11-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
just like you believe the bible simply because someone else tells you too..what is so weird about that?
Somebody else?

The bible is the word of God, this is no secret, you either believe the truth of it being God's word as we are told in a Gazillion places, or you don't believe it is the word of God.

It sure aint got nothing to do with somebody TOLD someone it was the word of God, IT IS the word of God and this is the first thing we are told.

WHAT do you mean,'' Simply because somebody told you?''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality