Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:21 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandean View Post
One thing that has always been interesting to me is how Mormons say on one hand that they are Christian "too", but on the other hand that they are the only "true" Christians. Which is it? Are they ALSO Christian, or are they the ONLY Christians?
We don't say that. We are Christians and I do not doubt or judge that anyone else who says they are a Christian is a Christian. We believe that our church is the only church that has the fullness of the gospel. We believe that every church has good in it.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Default New thread

If you're a Mormon, I'd like your input here....http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-answered.html

Old 05-07-2007, 02:35 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,644 times
Mormons believe that their god was once a man and that all mormon believers can become as god is now; christians believe that God is the only One tue God. Mormons believe that god has a tangible, physical body like we do, christians believe that God is a Spirit God. Mormons believe that gods are created on a planet called Kolob and that they have heavenly fathers and mothers; christians believe that God is the One True God of the Bible.

These are just three of the theological differences that separate the two belief systems and there are many more. I have been on both sides of the fence, having been a mormon for a number of years and having gone through the temple. I am now in the AOG church and can speak from experience regarding both sides. I don't hate the mormons, if anything, I love them more since I can see the differences. I pray for them often and still maintain a good relationship with a number of them, despite our minor disagreements now and then.

Unfortunately, this is a debate that will not ever go away. We can only hope to love one another as Jesus instructs us to do.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Mormons believe that their god was once a man and that all mormon believers can become as god is now; christians believe that God is the only One tue God. Mormons believe that god has a tangible, physical body like we do, christians believe that God is a Spirit God. Mormons believe that gods are created on a planet called Kolob and that they have heavenly fathers and mothers; christians believe that God is the One True God of the Bible.

These are just three of the theological differences that separate the two belief systems and there are many more. I have been on both sides of the fence, having been a mormon for a number of years and having gone through the temple. I am now in the AOG church and can speak from experience regarding both sides. I don't hate the mormons, if anything, I love them more since I can see the differences. I pray for them often and still maintain a good relationship with a number of them, despite our minor disagreements now and then.

Unfortunately, this is a debate that will not ever go away. We can only hope to love one another as Jesus instructs us to do.
AOG = Assembly of God???

Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Yes he mentioned that in his earlier post that is was Assembly of God.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Yes he mentioned that in his earlier post that is was Assembly of God.
Didn't see it....thanks!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,644 times
I know you asked for Baptist but there is very little difference between the AOG and Baptist. I did go to a baptist church after I left the mormon church though....does that count?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
I am mormon. I am Christian. I believe Jesus Christ lived and performed miracles, suffered in Gethsemane, died on the cross for the sins of the world and was raised by the power of God on the third day. We are all entitled to salvation through this gift if we come to Christ and repent of our sins.
How much more Christian do you want?
I'm sorry but I would of expected more of you kawpgz then condoning some anti mormon article as to finding out the "truth".
Not to be disrespectful dreameyes but it's actually the DEEPER beliefs of the faith that can get strange. Have you ever really researched the Mormon church outside of the church. Even with this you must be careful they don't take to kindly to people examining the Temple, look around on the outside and ask your self why would they put that there!!
The only reason I brought this up is I used to attend the Mormon church and I have many questions that they were not willing to answer with confidence!!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Great advice!!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,523,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Not to be disrespectful dreameyes but it's actually the DEEPER beliefs of the faith that can get strange. Have you ever really researched the Mormon church outside of the church. Even with this you must be careful they don't take to kindly to people examining the Temple, look around on the outside and ask your self why would they put that there!!
The only reason I brought this up is I used to attend the Mormon church and I have many questions that they were not willing to answer with confidence!!
Well, why don't you ask your questions regarding the "deeper" beliefs over in the questions about LDS thread. You just never know what you may learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality