Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZBEANIE View Post
I recently stumbled across these posts. I am a Christian. Bottom line......no temple ceremony, wearing magic underpants, secret handshakes, callings, and secret passwords will guarantee anybody access to the kingdom of God. There is no "exclusive", "true", "sole", church on this earth. Christians don't need a "religion" or a "membership" to any one church to get to heaven.

A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is it people. He paid the price on the cross. It is as simple as that. You can chose to accept Jesus or deny him. I thank Jesus for his salvation by grace.
That's a great first post! Welcome to the forums.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
good subject. "enlightenment drugs" give 1/2 truths. gives some insight but not the tools to do anything about it. which is how you get people in a shrinks office that have taken 300 trips and are still where they were, same ol rut, 300 trips ago.
religion - basic nature of religion is to give you tools to get to the place where you wana go. its slow but the path is a lot more solid. in fact no comparison at all. (please note comments were not limited to baptist)

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-07-2007 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
The problem is Satan tried to put himself HIGHER than God, and he wanted to do it his own way instead of following God’s plan, and he wanted to obtain the glory along the way.

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God [not God himself]: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of
the clouds; I will be like the most High. Isaiah 14:13,14

'Like' the most High. Not higher than.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,395 times
I have a question for the Baptists. I am LDS and married to a Baptist man. He has told me that he will not have children with me unless I convert or agree never to teach any of my beliefs to our children. Is this a typical teaching of the Baptist faith?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,210 times
I am a mormon. we do say that we are christians. we do have the true church on the face of this earth. people have the right to choose which paths they want to take. they dont have to follow the straight and narrow and not to be hypocriticle but the only person that was perfect was jesus. we believe in the trinity but yet we belive that god jesus and the holy spirit are seperate. god and jesus christ have bodies made of flesh and bone not flesh and blood. LDS is not a cult it is a religion and neither is their counterpart community of church is not either in order to learn more search for it. we believe we were sent here to learn and grow.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MormonMan View Post
I am a mormon. we do say that we are christians. we do have the true church on the face of this earth. people have the right to choose which paths they want to take. they dont have to follow the straight and narrow and not to be hypocriticle but the only person that was perfect was jesus. we believe in the trinity but yet we belive that god jesus and the holy spirit are seperate. god and jesus christ have bodies made of flesh and bone not flesh and blood. LDS is not a cult it is a religion and neither is their counterpart community of church is not either in order to learn more search for it. we believe we were sent here to learn and grow.
Just wondering if you are aware that this is a two year old thread?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 PM

427 posts, read 1,304,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZBEANIE View Post
I recently stumbled across these posts. I am a Christian. Bottom line......no temple ceremony, wearing magic underpants, secret handshakes, callings, and secret passwords will guarantee anybody access to the kingdom of God. There is no "exclusive", "true", "sole", church on this earth. Christians don't need a "religion" or a "membership" to any one church to get to heaven.

A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is it people. He paid the price on the cross. It is as simple as that. You can chose to accept Jesus or deny him. I thank Jesus for his salvation by grace.
The LDS relgion believes in the bolded statements (though substitute the word people for Christians). But being part of a church, which is basically an organized set of people with defined beliefs, helps aid in the worship. The LDS Church believes it solely has all the truths God intended, including modern day prophets, additional scripture, and more. Worshiping Christ on your own can lead you astray as well as deny you from certain needed things such as priesthood and temple worship.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM

3 posts, read 2,673 times
we say we are christians too because there are other people who are christain. but that doesnt make their church true.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM

i am so sorry but i laughed when i read this..the only one of these differences that is true is the last one. the other two i think you just made up or you simply just don't know. LDS believe god is a spirit being and that we were all given bodies to come to earth.when we go to heaven we are all spirit bodies. and LDS DO believe that god,jesus christ, and the Holy Spirit are 3 personages,yet act as one. as in the ten commandments 'there is only one god' they are 3 separate personages acting as one to help us get back home.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM

christain is a religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality