Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:07 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times

Advertisements

As I stated in another thread, the option to sin in heaven is invalid since sin can no longer be commited in heaven. The only sins that will be in heaven are the sins one does, and carries with them without repenting for that sin on earth, before they die. After that, correction from those sins is all that will exist. You can't commit murder. How can you kill a spirit? You can't rape because you will no longer have the material sex organs to do that with. You can no longer beat someone because you can beat what you can't hurt. You can't commit arson because fire is a material thing. Everything that will cause harm to another will no linger exist. I also understand that contact sports will no longer be played but I really don't know for sure yet. It hasn't been revealed to anyone.

Also, believing that someone carries your sins for you will not get you into heaven. The only way to get into God's heaven is to become Divine and that is only done with the soul. This does not happen believing in a person to do it for you. Worshipping Jesus, and not God, is a sin. That thought must be eradicated, as well as all other sins, before you enter those pearly gates.

Once your in heaven, you must help others get into heaven. It's our job to be of service to others and teach them what is right and what is of God. No one will be exempt from this if they want to progress. it's a choice but the choice will determine your place in the spirit world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:33 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,373 times
in heaven there will be no sin no pain no worry no death no sick no pregnancy no any bad thing.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I've read that some people believe that although heaven will be perfect, a sinless environment
Wow, I certainly do hope that this is not the case. 1. since I don't believe a heaven (outside of a couple of interesting establishments in New Orleans, and another in Veracruz) really exists, but....if one were buying the whole heaven thingy, I certainly do hope that sin would exist, would be a dreadfully boring existence just praying, singing hymns, and trying to look pious. A good poker game or a nice cat house would be a welcome diversion. Besides, there might not be VD in heaven.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:05 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Wow, I certainly do hope that this is not the case. 1. since I don't believe a heaven (outside of a couple of interesting establishments in New Orleans, and another in Veracruz) really exists, but....if one were buying the whole heaven thingy, I certainly do hope that sin would exist, would be a dreadfully boring existence just praying, singing hymns, and trying to look pious. A good poker game or a nice cat house would be a welcome diversion. Besides, there might not be VD in heaven.
Heaven isn't like what you think. There is only singing and praying if you want to. It is not forced on you and there are things to do in heaven. What is conveyed here is nothing at all like heaven. There are some pretty funny jokes in heaven as a matter of fact. I just heard one about a month ago from Jesus. It was one of those "you had to be there" jokes but it was pretty funny. He has an awesome sense of humor!! And they don't all walk around all serious and stuff. Take the most fun loving person you know and compare heaven to that.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 758 times
my 8 yr old son asked me this very same question-growing up in church and knowing alot about the Bible and Christianity I was shocked @ the query b/c if satan was an angel and he sinned why couldn't everyone else sin in heaven too? It also made me nervous b/c I had always just assumed that heaven would be perfect and w/ out sin...now what? I asked my pastor about this....he said to learn about satan through the Bible-who he is-why he is-and what is his story-he told me that in order for God to let us in heaven we must earn our way thru faith,love, trust, obedience, goodwill, reaching out, teaching, and perservering--once he comes back to rescue his children who have proved themselves worthy...heaven will be sealed and we will become sanctified-made holy--we will have choice as in options, but in God's line of thinking holy thinking--not humans way---the reason satan was able to sin was b/c God had to let his angels have freewill just like humans--otherwise they would be robots--if you can't choose to love trust obey, but made to do so--then it's not real then they can be called robots....so my pastor says no--we will NOT be able to sin!

Old 10-01-2011, 09:47 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)

No sin at all Amen!
That's like saying: "Come to my place, where I dwell."
My wife also dwells here, and she's nothing like me - I just failed to mention her. So don't be surprised when you show up and my house is not just full of me.

So, that verse doesn't quite exclude the possibility of sin ALSO dwelling, even if it is in a latent form.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times
Quote:
Can we Sin in Heaven?
No.

Sin in heaven would be like joy in hell.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
No.

Sin in heaven would be like joy in hell.
But does that take into account masochists in hell? I've seen those Hellraiser movies! They claim pain can be the most exquisite pleasure in the world (or afterlife).

Which reminds me of a joke:
The Masochist said to the Sadist: "Beat me."
The Sadist replied "No."

Last edited by whoppers; 10-01-2011 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: I remembered a joke! Whoopy!

Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times
There is no pain in heaven, and masochism is a perversion. Nothing perverted in heaven, either.

No Cenobites in heaven. Nothing that looks like Pinhead belongs there.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
There is no pain in heaven, and masochism is a perversion.
You might want to mention that to all those prophets of God in the Bible (both Hebrew and Greek parts) who dressed in hair outfits, ate horrible foods and lived a life of, what could justly be called, torture or asceticism.
If masochism is perversion - then what does that say about the prophets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality