Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,163,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't think I've ever read such a hilarious statement on a religion forum. You don't know what's in the book but you know it proves Joseph Smith wrong. And I guess you don't see anything stupid about such a statement either.
The book of Mormon differ to what Jsmith the founder of Mormonism wrote.

Quote:
Could you provide a source for the "she changed my translations" bit? I don't think I've ever heard that particular twist.
Read again, she didn't change it, she hid it, and Jsmith couldn't retranslate off the golden plates.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,373,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
But,NOT everyone can enter into a temple of the mormon religion. To do so, you must be judged and deemed "worthy" (e.g. you refrain from coffee and tea, because they are so wicked) by the cult leaders.
And your point is what? Ever tried to go beyond the counter at your local post office? Or maybe just saunter beyond the lobby in the office buildings on main street, or into offices at the local airport terminal?

There are always qualifications to enter even government property, let alone private church owned property.

But everyone is invited to qualify to enter LDS temples...

Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Indians are not racially or genetically the same as hebrew, american indians are all of mongoloid origin.
They've all been DNA tested have they? How about yourself, been tested yet?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:20 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
And your point is what? Ever tried to go beyond the counter at your local post office? Or maybe just saunter beyond the lobby in the office buildings on main street, or into offices at the local airport terminal?

There are always qualifications to enter even government property, let alone private church owned property.

But everyone is invited to qualify to enter LDS temples...
My point is that Mormonism is a religion with an element of exclusivity in terms of visiting their houses of worship. They allow people into meeting houses and I believe Tabernacles, but never Temples.

In Christianity, anyone at all is allowed to enter the worship buildings of a Church. Don't compare it to behind the counter at the post office, or into a private office building; I don't fault the mormon religion for keeping people out of their administrative offices, all Churches do that and should do that. Church administration is not the business of every worshiper and would-be worshiper.

But the rituals, services, and worship of the Church are. In Christianity, nobody is excluded from any worship building. You could walk right into my Church on any Sunday and have a seat. You could do that with ANY Church in my denomination. There are no membership cards, nobody is kept out. You can wear a muslim or Jewish yarmulke and walk in, we'd be happy to have you.

But Mormons, like Muslims, forbid the "unworthy" from entering certain worship sites and buildings. It's exclusivity and it's based on humans judging other humans for "worthiness". That's a sign of a creepy cult.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
But Mormons, like Muslims, forbid the "unworthy" from entering certain worship sites and buildings. It's exclusivity and it's based on humans judging other humans for "worthiness". That's a sign of a creepy cult.
Is Johnny way above judging other human beings do you think?

Are the Jews a "creepy cult" because only the High Priest was allowed to enter the Holy of Holies? Or because only qualified priests were allowed to touch the Ark of the Covenant on penalty of death? Or because women to this day are not allowed to pray at the Western Wall?

Everyone is invited to worship with us in our meetinghouses each Sunday. And everyone is invited to qualify to worthily enter and serve in the sacred Houses of the Lord.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
The book of Mormon differ to what Jsmith the founder of Mormonism wrote.
And what did Jsmith the founder of Mormonism write?

Quote:
Read again, she didn't change it, she hid it, and Jsmith couldn't retranslate off the golden plates.
Oh, she hid it now, huh? Thanks. I didn't know that. And so what's your source for "she hid it"?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:36 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
My point is that Mormonism is a religion with an element of exclusivity in terms of visiting their houses of worship. They allow people into meeting houses and I believe Tabernacles, but never Temples.

In Christianity, anyone at all is allowed to enter the worship buildings of a Church. Don't compare it to behind the counter at the post office, or into a private office building; I don't fault the mormon religion for keeping people out of their administrative offices, all Churches do that and should do that. Church administration is not the business of every worshiper and would-be worshiper.
And this is your business why?

Quote:
But the rituals, services, and worship of the Church are. In Christianity, nobody is excluded from any worship building. You could walk right into my Church on any Sunday and have a seat.
Well, that's not quite accurate. If you were to go into a Roman Catholic cathedral, there would be certain areas off-limits to you.

Quote:
You could do that with ANY Church in my denomination. There are no membership cards, nobody is kept out. You can wear a muslim or Jewish yarmulke and walk in, we'd be happy to have you.
To be perfectly honest, Johnny, I'd be scared to death to walk into one of your churches if the people there knew I was LDS.

Quote:
Now, all we need is the creepy music and we'll be set for an evening of the macabre! You do such a great job of this, Johnny. I've just got to tell you how much fun your posts are to read.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
And what did Jsmith the founder of Mormonism write?
Oh, she hid it now, huh? Thanks. I didn't know that. And so what's your source for "she hid it"?
Look for yourself

Either that or she lost it, but the fact remains JS could not reproduce the pages she lost/hid. (I say hid, because there is no evidence of either, it is all opinion).

Old 10-28-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
They've all been DNA tested have they? How about yourself, been tested yet?

So your reply to the dna samples that they have taken all over the world, is that they haven't DNA profile every person on the planet.

Talk about an unreasonable request!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,081 times
Quote:
Is Johnny way above judging other human beings do you think?
It's not my place to judge other human beings, but to judge religious and spiritual teachings.

Quote:
Are the Jews a "creepy cult" because only the High Priest was allowed to enter the Holy of Holies? Or because only qualified priests were allowed to touch the Ark of the Covenant on penalty of death? Or because women to this day are not allowed to pray at the Western Wall?
The Jews are not claiming to be Christians. If they did, then they'd be a creepy cult also, because they'd obviously be lying. Christianity does not forbid anyone from any of their houses of worship as Mormonism does.

Quote:
Everyone is invited to worship with us in our meetinghouses each Sunday. And everyone is invited to qualify to worthily enter and serve in the sacred Houses of the Lord.
And everyone is forbidden entrance to those houses of worship you call "temples", even the parents of a person who is being married in one, if the parents are not judged annd deemed "worthy" by some Mormon cult leader. You always leave that part out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality