Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times

Advertisements

To any one or all of you professing athiests:
On this forum you take delight in mocking God and mocking Believers in Christ. I sincerely wonder what it is in your individual lives that make you so hardened to Him?
I mean, what event has happened in your life to make you think that God doesn't love you, or have your best interests in His heart?

You weren't born with hatred in your heart, it had to be developed, over time. So what started your hatred?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 12:54 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
How can you hate something that does'nt exist?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:55 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
On this forum you take delight in mocking God and mocking Believers in Christ. I sincerely wonder what it is in your individual lives that make you so hardened to Him?
I mean, what event has happened in your life to make you think that God doesn't love you, or have your best interests in His heart?

You weren't born with hatred in your heart, it had to be developed, over time. So what started your hatred?

What started your hatred of Zeus? Anubis? Why is your heart so hardened against Thor?

You weren't born with hatred in your heart, it had to be developed, over time. So what started your atheism and hatred of the 100,000 other gods that are just as valid as (and in some cases the originators of) the one you worship?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times
BTW, telling the truth isn't mocking. The truth is hard to hear sometimes, but it needs to be told, and heard.

Also, not everyone here is an Atheist. Alot of people have educated themselves on the true (pagan) origins and nature of Christianity, The Bible and its god.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Since God doesn't exist outside of the minds of believers, atheists don't hate God any more than they hate Peter Pan.

If anyone is full of hate it is the pious believers of the world determined to make others who live a life full of love, wonder and non-violence, yet not aligned perfectly with the path that believer has been indoctrinated to follow, be dismissed, maligned or killed as punishment for not following "the truth".

I could not care less what another person believes in private, or worships in their church/temple/or mosque, my life is filled with too much joy to even waste a thought upon them. But once they try to create a theocracy in this country I will do every thing I can to ensure they live as miserable and worthless a life as God has determined a woman should suffer in Afghanistan. I will gladly become the Fred Phelps in their arrogant, hateful and hypocritical lives.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:

If there was a God, I'd have to hate him intensely.
Because he is a hypocritical cruel lie, and delights in having man suffer for his whims.

He could hear you cry out in the night, begging him for help, but he will not help you. But to mock you, he will give some girl prom shoes she prayed for.

How could you worship such a being?

And the more reasonable answer is, he simply does not exist.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:35 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
Quote:

Personally. I don't hate God. But I do find the modern Christian views about God to be completely ludicrious and absurd. As well as Muslem and Jewish views. After years and years of studying history, religion and everything surrounding the Abrahamic religions. I have come to the concusion that they are pure rubbish. And in many ways, they play a very negative role on this Earth.

Most people who you say "hate God", probably don't hate God, they just hate Christianity or other organized religions.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,675 times
Why do you believe in a bunch of nonsense based on a stupid myth? It had to start somewhere. Were you brainwashed as a kid and can't get over it or what?

You're question just proves, much as the same with evolution and dinosaurs, just how clueless you really are.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I agree with the person who asked how you can hate something you don't believe exists. However, I would like to take it one step further and say there are certain ideas I hate and the God that some people purport to worship seems nothing of the sort I would admire, much less worship. People ask the question you have asked as though someone such as myself will automatically connect with what you are referring to and how you define your God.

Not to overstep your response but I sense a certain reply of "I worship the God of the Bible." Yet, I know many people who claim to worship the God of the Bible and I still find the depictions to be so variant that it would be impossible for me to figure out what you mean.

Do I hate the idea of your God? I don't know. I don't know enough about your interpretation of what God is to make that decision. But, if it entails the idea of failing to worship an ego-maniacal lunatic lest I burn in hell for eternity than, yes, I would say that's a good start towards hating something.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:40 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:

The continued asinine, dishonest and fatheaded arguments of theist apologists Time after Time after Time - like the old 'why do you hate God' one, which has a beard on - certainly doesn't help to mollify us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality