Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireoftheCovenant View Post
Thomas S. Monson (the current Prophet) lives in this house:

That house certainly fits his "lavish lifestyle"

Well, yes, but you're just seeing the front of the house. What you don't see is that the house extends back five city blocks. It's actually got 150,000 square feet of living space. It also has four levels below the ground, two indoor swimming pools, a tennis court and a theater, etc. This modest house is just another ploy by those deceitful Mormons to pull the wool over everybody's eyes.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-05-2010 at 06:11 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireoftheCovenant View Post
Thomas S. Monson (the current Prophet) lives in this house:

That house certainly fits his "lavish lifestyle"

Obfuscation. Go get the actual facts about the very lavish lifestyles of your leaders.

For those Mormons who actually think they can discuss the wrongs against Mormon members and get them changed, here is a link.
Tithing in the LDS Church

For ex-mormons, here is a link to joining a class action lawsuit to get changes done in the Mormon religion for the better.
mormonlawsuit.com

Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
For ex-mormons, here is a link to joining a class action lawsuit to get changes done in the Mormon religion for the better.
mormonlawsuit.com
That's seriously hilarious! Can someone baptize me so I can quit and join the lawsuit? I'm gonna be rich!

After that, I'll sue the Catholics, then I'll go through the rest of the Christian churches, and then start on the Muslims and Jews before going on attack to the far east. Freedom of religion be damned... that will teach them all for being lying, low down deceivers!

YeshaS, I'm also gonna sue you for claiming there is a crystal palace on the sun. You are purposely trying to deceive me too, and I feel obligated to shut you down with the rest of 'em.

But it's kinda late in the evening for legal actions, so for now here's some help with your argument (because your arguments need LOTS of help) ...

Brigham Young started building the Gardo house just before he died, because the Behive house was just too "1850's" After he died the church sold it because they thought it might possibly give people the wrong impression about the church...

Sadly, it was torn down in the 1920's. It would of made a hell of a museum!

Last edited by Chango; 02-05-2010 at 10:34 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Obfuscation.
How so? It was just a picture of the house Thomas Monson actually lives in.

Quote:
Go get the actual facts about the very lavish lifestyles of your leaders.
Gosh, YSM, I'm really disappointed in you. I thought you'd have come up with a picture of some fancy Beverly Hills mansion and posted it by now, right under a caption which states, "This is where the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints lives." Come on... I want pictures! I want something I can see with my own eyes. Let's see what you can come up with by tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-05-2010 at 10:19 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 10:27 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
That's seriously hilarious! Can someone baptize me so I can quit and join the lawsuit? I'm gonna be rich!

After that, I'll sue the Catholics, then I'll go through the rest of the Christian churches, and then start on the Muslims and Jews before going on attack to the far east. Freedom of religion be damned... that will teach them all for being lying, low down deceivers!

YeshaS, I'm also gonna sue you for claiming there is a crystal palace on the sun. You are purposely trying to deceive me too, and I feel obligated to shut you down with the rest of 'em.
I think you're on to something there!Perhaps the better plan would be to go to lawschool and become the lead attorney for a class action suit against all religions!Drag YSM into court and make her prove the 'Crystal Palace in the Sun which rotates around the earth while God sits on his throne staring down at us 'actually exists!

Yeah the lawsuit thing is really going to work......I mean if you dont like what mormon tithes go to......well then dont give them any money,its not like they can get a judgement against you,if they make you feel bad about it...go home and start sleeping in on sunday. If you dont like that women don't have the priesthood.....well you can stay home,or join another church.......the RLDS does give women the priesthood these days,most protestant denominations allow female pastors...if you dont think your church is following 'true' policies you have plenty of other churches to migrate to if you so choose.The whole idea is beyond silly.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Drag YSM into court and make her prove the 'Crystal Palace in the Sun which rotates around the earth while God sits on his throne staring down at us 'actually exists!

It is God you would wish to "drag into court" to ask Him to answer to you for declaring that the sun travels in its path around the heavens and the earth, and that "He hath set His tabernacle in the sun". He says it in His Word in abundance of places, so your fight is with His Word and Person; and as Mormonism itself is set against His Person and Word from its founding, then it is Mormonism which seeks to "drag YHWH into its own opinionated court". -You lose, against His Word.
The simple wording of the OT in Hebrew, and the Septuagint translation in Greek, and the Douay Rheims in English, all state that "In the sun hath He set His tabernacle", and there are many corroborating Scriptures which detail His tabernacle in heaven which He has set in the sun.

You have no idea where your mormon tithes go to, because they never tell you where they go to by giving you a complete accounting of what they take in and what they do with it; but in the UK, where they do have to report what they take in and what they spend, at least by that law they are forced to show themselves to be hypocrites on what they say they will do with monies collected and what they are completely lacking in doing with said collections.
Quote:
...All of the Mission President homes we've ever seen have been luxury homes. Even mission presidents sent to developing nations live in luxurious quarters, their children attend expensive private schools for expatriates, and the church provides servants. ...
Regardless of the salary, being a General Authority has a lot of financial perks. Many are given a place to live, paid travel, chauffeurs, limos, paid expenses, etc. And of course the members are very helpful to the GAs. For example, the billionaire LDS member Brother Huntsman gave President Hinckley free use of his corporate jet all throughout his tenure as President....

Old 02-06-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
The First Presidency and 12 Apostles were at that time paid $600K a year and the 70 were paid about $120K. In addition, in the mid-1990s the members of the First Presidency each had unlimited, unaudited charge cards. Hinckley lived in a million dollar condo with servants all provided by Church funds. GA's have significant other benefits like vacation retreats owned by the Church down by St. George and in Oahu, free tuition in Church colleges for their families, world-wide travel pretty much any time they want.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
It is God you would wish to "drag into court" to ask Him to answer to you for declaring that the sun travels in its path around the heavens and the earth, and that "He hath set His tabernacle in the sun". He says it in His Word in abundance of places, so your fight is with His Word and Person; and as Mormonism itself is set against His Person and Word from its founding, then it is Mormonism which seeks to "drag YHWH into its own opinionated court". -You lose, against His Word.
I still see TWO silly claims to divinity that have no basis in reality. Despite your hated of mormons YSM, you and they actually have a lot in common.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I still see TWO silly claims to divinity that have no basis in reality. Despite your hated of mormons YSM, you and they actually have a lot in common.
I do not hate Mormons, but I do refute the lies of the Mormon doctrine, using the Word of God to refute it.
You know that your Mormon doctrine is not Bible doctrine, but you pretend that you have something better.
That is a lie, you have another jesus, another gospel, and another spirit, but the Holy Spirit makes the adopted in Christ sons of God witnesses only to Jesus Christ.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Your Mormon spirit -which is another spirit, other than the Holy Spirit, witnesses to a fable called the "book of Mormon" and to other false books written by Mr Smith.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks a million, Chango. That was a real nice thing to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality