Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times

Advertisements

Somehow I have the suspicion that that don guy didn't really have any sincere questions but just wanted to stir up trouble. And I don't know what you mean by not answering questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Somehow I have the suspicion that that don guy didn't really have any sincere questions but just wanted to stir up trouble. And I don't know what you mean by not answering questions?
Which was the vibe I got as well, and so did other mods that I had check it out. So, to keep things calm, I decided to shut 'er down and redirect to this thread.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 AM

114 posts, read 399,969 times
my questions are following
are mormon women willing to marry a man who has never been a missionary?
are mormon women willing to marry someone who is atheist?

mormon church was historically against minorities and preached that white people are superior to others.Truly?

Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,145 times
Quote:
That is correct. He posted in the Utah forum some completely inappropriate railings. That post was deleted and is why he is no longer a member.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1117 View Post
my questions are following

mormon church was historically against minorities and preached that white people are superior to others.Truly?
Well for your first questions many are, many arn't
second question: ditto

And absolutely did the church ever teach superiority! and no they were not against minorities.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Well for your first questions many are, many arn't
second question: ditto

And absolutely did the church ever teach superiority! and no they were not against minorities.
so,what's your own preference? is it really important to go mission for man?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,670 times
Quote:
Yes. There are millions of converts, who are beyond the traditional age for a mission, and they get married all the time.

Quote:
If they are faithful members, then the likelihood is no. Marriage in the Temple to a member in good standing is essential to salvation. If the woman is a Latter Day Saint in name only, but does not practice the faith, then there is a possibility.

Quote:
Your understanding is incorrect.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
so,what's your own preference? is it really important to go mission for man?
Mormonism is not just a sunday religion it is a way of life and for me personally (and many I know) it is very important that your spouse shares your spiritual views. Yes it is important to go on a mission and yes my husband did but many may join the church after the age of a mission and therefore did not go. I know husbands that are strong members but did not go on missions because they joined the church after the age or they were going through a period of "rebellion" at that time, or some other reason just didn't go. I don't think one should make the decision of marrying someone based on whether or not he served a mission. I think the important thing to consider is where is he now.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
If they are faithful members, then the likelihood is no. Marriage in the Temple to a member in good standing is essential to salvation. If the woman is a Latter Day Saint in name only, but does not practice the faith, then there is a possibility.
sorry,I still cannot understand it thoroughly.
Are you saying that LDS church only wants its members to marry other members instead of people from other religion?
A non-LDS member and a LDS member can get married in the Temple?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Mormonism is not just a sunday religion it is a way of life and for me personally (and many I know) it is very important that your spouse shares your spiritual views. Yes it is important to go on a mission and yes my husband did but many may join the church after the age of a mission and therefore did not go. I know husbands that are strong members but did not go on missions because they joined the church after the age or they were going through a period of "rebellion" at that time, or some other reason just didn't go. I don't think one should make the decision of marrying someone based on whether or not he served a mission. I think the important thing to consider is where is he now.
thanks,I appreciate your thoughtful reply.
by the way,what's the appropriate age for mission?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality