Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:49 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times

Advertisements

That would be the FLDS church ducky. Absolutely no relation to the LDS church whatsoever. But I assume you probably meant that in jest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
I would hope so too.....especially given the intent of this thread so clearly at the beginning.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:11 PM

617 posts, read 2,822,378 times
Don't worry the post has been deleted. It was off topic and trollish. I hope I don't see anymore comments like this, as yes, the intent of this thread was made clear at the beginning.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
woo hoo! good job!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:19 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Lets keep it nice guys.
Oh, sure, after I went through all the trouble of digging through my stuff in the attic to find my dueling pistols. OK, I couldn't find any powder and shot anyway.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:24 PM

617 posts, read 2,822,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
Oh, sure, after I went through all the trouble of digging through my stuff in the attic to find my dueling pistols. OK, I couldn't find any powder and shot anyway.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Oh dreameyes. I believe adultry, homosexuality, and the others you mentioned are indeed Gods Word and I abide by them. But the "rules" of man I don't agree with.
Seems like this is the problem with most churches. This is were people get so confused when trying to find a slight belief in Christianity and then they must figure each church preaches God's Law & Man's Law and each denomination is different!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:57 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
I appreciate the manner in which spunky1 and others are conducting theirselves! So nice to see this respectful manner in asking questions on LDS faith.

And SargeantL, you are definitely not snarky! Go to a few other CD forum threads (won't name names) for true snarkiness.

My question is while in KS, I saw a small bldg called Reformed LDS. What led to the Reformed LDS church? I know that's probably a question which may require a lengthy response, but can you give it to us in a nutshell?

P.S. I googled this query and there were reformed and reorganized. I believe the church I saw was called reformed. Can't be sure though.

Last edited by _redbird_; 05-06-2007 at 01:09 PM..

Old 05-06-2007, 01:14 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I appreciate the manner in which spunky1 and others are conducting theirselves! So nice to see this respectful manner in asking questions on LDS faith.

And SargeantL, you are definitely not snarky! Go to a few other CD forum threads (won't name names) for true snarkiness.

My question is while in KS, I saw a small bldg called Reformed LDS. What led to the Reformed LDS church? I know that's probably a question which may require a lengthy response, but can you give it to us in a nutshell?
PHEW! I looked everywhere and I couldn't find snarky anywhere; although, I had a dog named Sparky once.

Now, your question is easy. Joseph Smith's first wife and her children did not travel to Utah Territory with the rest of the Saints after they left Illinois. Next, there was significant contention regarding who would hold the mantle of Prophet after Joseph Smith's murder. Eventually, Brigham Young was accepted by the Church, which established the pattern for ascendancy to the position of the President of the Church that we follow today. Others believed that the Priesthood should be passed on through lineage, which brought about the RLDS Church, wherein (I apologize; I can’t remember his name) one of Joseph Smith’s sons through Emma, Joseph’s first wife, was made Prophet of that organization.

There was one other contender for Prophet and that was Sidney Rigdon, another Apostle. Brigham and Sidney both addressed the members of the Church regarding who should be Prophet. Numerous members of the time wrote in their journals that when Brigham spoke, they heard the voice of Joseph Smith or saw the countenance of Joseph in Brigham’s face.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
I went to an Indian (now called Haskell Indian Nations University) school in Lawrence, KS where I spent a lot of time at the LDS church. For those who are interested in learning more on the LDS church, can you share something of how the LDS perceive Native Americans? I seem to recall we were conidered a lost tribe of Israel. Is this a commonly held belief?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality