Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:03 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,208,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
dreameyes, According to the Bible all have sinned and fallen short. These presidents or whatever are in effect judging others lives. The Bible states clearly man should not judge. All men are equal and I am sure these men that are judging others are sinful men. . . thoughts?
Spunky this isn't something new in Jesus' time there were certain people that were not allow into the Jewish temples either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
But these are mans "rules" . . not from God or the Bible. Jesus was clear in his teaching, simplicity. Jesus released men from being slaves to the law.
Ok here is a good analogy to help you with this one
in My house you must take off your shoes
My children inform their friends that they must remove there shoes before entering

The Temple is God's house we, his children, just tell people the rules in order to enter his house
Hope it helps a little

on the released from law item Jesus removed the law of blood sacrifice and replaced it with sacrement

Old 05-06-2007, 04:13 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,812,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
Ok here is a good analogy to help you with this one
in My house you must take off your shoes
My children inform their friends that they must remove there shoes before entering

The Temple is God's house we, his children, just tell people the rules in order to enter his house
Hope it helps a little

on the released from law item Jesus removed the law of blood sacrifice and replaced it with sacrement
I like this analogy, but Uh-oh! You used the scary "sacrement" word!...LOL

Old 05-06-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I like this analogy, but Uh-oh! You used the scary "sacrement" word!...LOL
you goofy girl
I don't care who likes the word or not
he asked the question I answered it you know how i am

Old 05-06-2007, 04:52 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,812,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
you goofy girl
I don't care who likes the word or not
he asked the question I answered it you know how i am
I know and I love ya for it! Just can't help stirring the pot.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:28 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,523,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I went to an Indian (now called Haskell Indian Nations University) school in Lawrence, KS where I spent a lot of time at the LDS church. For those who are interested in learning more on the LDS church, can you share something of how the LDS perceive Native Americans? I seem to recall we were conidered a lost tribe of Israel. Is this a commonly held belief?
We do in fact believe the indigenous Indians of the Americas are members of the Tribe of Manassa, the son of Joseph of the Bible. In fact the Book of Mormon is the history of these people from 600 BC to 400 AD. We do not believe the American Indians constitute all of the missing Tribe of Manassa. Only a small branch came to the Americas. The rest are spread all over the world.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:33 PM

137 posts, read 435,767 times
Calibelle,

If Mormons do not believe in Polygamy, then why did Joseph Smith teach it is a requirement for exaltation?
Is it possible that modern Mormons do not share the same beliefs as the original Mormons? If they do share the same beliefs then why the denial of polygamy? Don't tell me it is to obey the law of the land, since no law can be made legally which contradicts mankind's right to freedom of religion and freedom of conscience! Polygamy is not unconstitutional, so why ar ethey not practicing it if they belief what Joseph Smith believed?

I will check this in a few minutes then I will go home. If a response is given I will respond if I am still here; if not, then I will respond when I come online again soon!

Last edited by kaiser; 06-19-2007 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: adding a little

Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times
Do you have apostles in the mormon church. It seems that somewhere on the other threads, I saw it mentioned. If so, how are they chosen and what is their function?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-19-2007 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: more content

Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 PM

137 posts, read 435,767 times
blue62,

I am planning to go to bed in a few minutes because I am tired, but I will say a few things tonight and say some more on another day more in detail when I am more awake!

In a nutshell, Jesus Christ choose his apostles in his earthly minsitry, after the death of most of them( except John who never died and still walks the earth) the church was gone from the earth ( though not the priesthood, for John was still here and he has the priesthood). A while later in 1830, a young lad by the nam eof Joseph Smith saw God, this should not be weird for God has always made himself known to man, usually the best of man. Peter, James, and John ( all of whom were apostles) bestowed the priesthood on Joseph Smith and through the proper steps he was elevated to apostle. People assume a prophet is the highest one can be, but this is false, an apostle is the highest, prophet is anyone who ha sthe gift of prophecy. The apostleship has been passed down from priesthood generation to priesthood generation to this present day.

However, most people believe that teh mainstream LDS apostle shave teh authority, but I do not. IN around 1921, the president o fteh church stopped confering priesthood and just ordained directly to an office, this is wrong and so any from that lineage of preisthood do not actually have it unless a few years later when they confered again their lines we fixed. Most men today do not have priesthood and just dont know it. Those who do have teh authority as priesthood holders and some are apostles that are not listed in the mainstream.

Mnay assume there can be only 12, this is false doctrine. Can one assume that all the apostles who ever lived have ha dthe apostleships removed from them becaus ethey died? No, they did not. in addition there are 12 apostles plus the 3 members o fteh LDS first presidenct who are also apostles and that makes 15 of them. So there is no set number!

I hope my above rembalings make since as i am very tired and will wait for your response a few minutes then I will go home!

You can also send me a private message if you'd like and i will respond to it tomorrow or if you writ eme in a few minutes!

Last edited by kaiser; 06-19-2007 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 PM

740 posts, read 2,013,553 times
ok... my question is if Elohim started out as a man... made of flesh and bones... where did he come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality