Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times

Advertisements

As of 2009, there is no fully conservative translation of the Bible which satisfies the following ten guidelines:[1]
Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal bias

Express Free Market Parables; explaining the numerous economic parables with their full free-market meaning

Exclude Later-Inserted Liberal Passages: excluding the later-inserted liberal passages that are not authentic, such as the adulteress story

Credit Open-Mindedness of Disciples: crediting open-mindedness, often found in youngsters like the eyewitnesses Mark and John, the authors of two of the Gospels

Prefer Conciseness over Liberal Wordiness: preferring conciseness to the liberal style of high word-to-substance ratio; avoid compound negatives and unnecessary ambiguities
Thus, a project has begun among members of Conservapedia to translate the Bible in accordance with these principles. The translated Bible can be found here.

Conservatizing the Bible - Crunchy Con (http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2009/10/conservatizing-the-bible.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Re-creating God in man's image.

"The earliest, most authentic manuscripts lack this verse set forth at Luke 23:34:[7]
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
Is this a liberal corruption of the original? This does not appear in any other Gospel, and the simple fact is that some of the persecutors of Jesus did know what they were doing. This quotation is a favorite of liberals but should not appear in a conservative Bible."

http://conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

If we are to sling out passages that only appeared in one of the gospels, and which seemed contradictory, we would have to lose a lot. Evidently the real criterion is whether the Rightwing fund...sorry - "Conservatives" approve of it or not.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-06-2009 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Evidently the real criterion is whether the Rightwing fund...sorry - "Conservatives" approve of it or not.
I'm at a loss to understand how one interprets God's word, either it's God's word or it ain't.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,664,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm at a loss to understand how one interprets God's word, either it's God's word or it ain't.
Most of the world thinks "it ain't".

Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Quote:
Exactly--which is why there shouldn't be any room for "interpretations."

Old 10-07-2009, 07:42 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,159,318 times
Quote:
Just another reason why religion in America is a capitalist sham.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,106,540 times
If I were a conservative, I'd be embarrassed by this. This is the sort of thing that makes you look like a joke.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,504,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
If I were a conservative, I'd be embarrassed by this. This is the sort of thing that makes you look like a joke.
Conservapedia is kind of a joke. I was initially somewhat interested in it as Wikipedia is a bit biased on social issues, but I realized pretty quick that its "conservatism" is on the crankish side. At the time it included some weirdly intense hostility to vaccination and efforts to find kangaroos in the Bible.

I don't know if all conservatives need to embarrassed by every kook under our (more or less) flag. I'm sure the majority of the celebrities who signed that petition supporting Roman Polanski are liberals, but I'm also pretty sure most liberals have nothing to do with it. They either don't care or have an opposite view to that group. I wouldn't even be surprised if most entertainers either don't care or would be cool with Polanski going to jail.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,491,882 times
Frankly, I'm so disgusted with the false doctrine of a "correct" political component of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that this latest manifestation of foolishness leaves me speechless.

The level of ideological hubris needed to even presume to make the Word of God match your ideology is just breathtaking in it's hypocrisy.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 AM

970 posts, read 1,697,847 times
Perfect circular logic.

"My convictions are based solely on the Bible, which I interpret according to my convictions."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality