Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 AM

5,553 posts, read 7,970,676 times

Advertisements

YouTube - "Persecution or a Great Awakening" - Paul Washer

Persecution complex on HIGH alert in some circles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 AM

Some of the comments in the video are just as ridiculous.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:32 PM

783 posts, read 1,321,702 times
No, the discerning listener doesn’t focus on what you call “fear”. The discerning listener hears that there is hope in Christ Jesus our Savior. Over half of the message speaks of this Hope. Listen again with an open mind to the Lord our God.

May the Lord richly bless you.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,417,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
No, the discerning listener doesn’t focus on what you call “fear”. The discerning listener hears that there is hope in Christ Jesus our Savior. Over half of the message speaks of this Hope. Listen again with an open mind to the Lord our God.

Nope, that is just blatant in your face SELLING FEAR to the sheep. The only hold that religion has on the delusional is fear, and the level of fear must be maintained or the hold looses its grip.

George Bush developed the "fear meter", a color coded how scared we should be chart, in an effort to keep the masses quaking in their basements with plastic wrap and duct tape. The fear monger even tryied to raise the fear level simply to sway election results, a pimp pushing fear, nothing more. The pathetic little pimp in the video is doing the same, there ain't a bit of love or hope in this sick little twerps being, it all about the fear, along with some greed I'm sure. Fear is powerless without the marketing of the fear, and it is always so irrational.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:

No thanks S&L. You guys can keep him. You guys offer cash instead?

Old 10-06-2009, 03:16 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,911,742 times
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:44 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,646,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.
Full of win.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:45 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,974,950 times
Quote:

Actually this guy is spreading a virus. It's a virus I often see spread by the news media, and some politicians, but the main "typhoid Marys" in the US are evangelical Christian Ministers. They use it to keep their flock under control and keep the cash flowing their way. Irrational fear is only the symptom of this cultural malady....The virus is called paranoia. It is a harmful societal infection, and so far I see no cure except to not accept statements at face value and learn to think for yourself....Not everyone is infected, but those that are tend to spread this disease.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually this guy is spreading a virus. It's a virus I often see spread by the news media, and some politicians, but the main "typhoid Marys" in the US are evangelical Christian Ministers. They use it to keep their flock under control and keep the cash flowing their way. Irrational fear is only the symptom of this cultural malady....The virus is called paranoia. It is a harmful societal infection, and so far I see no cure except to not accept statements at face value and learn to think for yourself....Not everyone is infected, but those that are tend to spread this disease.
When looked at a little deeper, it is a symptom of a cultish behavior. The deep seated fear that the satan-led big, bad, evil world out there is out to get them.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:19 PM

520 posts, read 892,927 times
He looks so sad, I think he needs a big hug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality