Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,965,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
you can still believe that. the OP that I was making is that evolution is about species developing and changing through natural selection. The fact that we developed from earlier species is not in question.. that is what the OP was about. Sorry, but if something is a FACT it is a FACT regardless of what you believe. Believing something in the face of strong contracdictory evidence is known as "delusion".

Evolution could only be a fact if there was evidence to support such a belief. However, Evolution remains only a theory. And there is strong evidence out there that dismisses evolutions timeline, yet such evidence continues to be ignored by those in science. Also, much of the evidence once used by supporters of evolution has now been dismissed. Consider the link below.

DARWINISM IS SO 19TH CENTURY
Darwinism is so 19th century - This site is based on the works of Harun Yahya.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 AM

218 posts, read 397,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Evolution could only be a fact if there was evidence to support such a belief. However, Evolution remains only a theory. And there is strong evidence out there that dismisses evolutions timeline, yet such evidence continues to be ignored by those in science. Also, much of the evidence once used by supporters of evolution has now been dismissed. Consider the link below.

DARWINISM IS SO 19TH CENTURY
Darwinism is so 19th century - This site is based on the works of Harun Yahya.
I agree Campbell. But the skeptics here don't care about evidence except as they can twist it to their own bent of thinking. They arbitrarily declare everything we say as 'anecdotal' and dismiss anything we document as illegitimate or just ignore it altogether as they did with the two documented, well-known examples of men who died and resurrected from the dead.

They just like to argue.

Best wishes.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,928,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
scarmig:

I've got at least one that's pretty straightforward, according to my wife.

Would someone kindly inform him that we are done. We've covered the bases.

Best wishes.

Sorry, you are neither god, nor the owner of this site. I'll participate where I want, when I want, until such time as the owners of this site or their duly appointed representatives ask me to cease.

This goes back to that duplicitous nature I was talking about earlier. Like your god, you think you can dictate the rules, yet exempt yourself from them and expect to retain respect and honor.

God didn't make us that way.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I agree Campbell. But the skeptics here don't care about evidence except as they can twist it to their own bent of thinking. They arbitrarily declare everything we say as 'anecdotal' and dismiss anything we document as illegitimate or just ignore it altogether as they did with the two documented, well-known examples of men who died and resurrected from the dead.

They just like to argue.

Best wishes.

Of course! I came here for an argument. Abuse is next door.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Let him go argue with believers in the Pink Unicorn.

That's why I'm here!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:33 PM

430 posts, read 583,167 times
Default Qed

Sometimes you have to spend hard-earned money to go get an education. Other times, you can just sit back and read tirades posted here and get all the data you need to see exactly how genetics has worked for, or against, the human genome.

EG: According to some here, the following do not exist or operate:

Tectonic plate movements

varves

DNA/RNA

isotopic decay

evolution*

[*with the usual purposeful attempt to confuse evolution and speciation with abiogenesis, which is like comparing tomatoes to chainsaws.]

All of these have been proven beyond any rational doubt through painstaking documentation. One rising problem with advanced science of course is that as it expands it's horizons, the level of education necessary to easily assimilate it is also raised, while the majority of the short-attention-span population is still stuck in first gear (or even reverse, as some here demonstrate with a regular me(n)tal-mashing grinding sound...) while science is busy adding forward gears and options.

KirkWhisper, you continue to bid us goodbye. Again and again. When are you actually going to leave? Your belligerent attitude adds nothing positive to an otherwise interesting thread. Do you have anything positive to add at this point? Just curious.

Last edited by Shibumi; 02-06-2010 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,265,841 times
Due to attacks, flaming, etc., this thread is done.

CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.