U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-21-2010, 05:24 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,635,437 times
Reputation: 483

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Your a hoot, how can you assure me, are you an expert in this field, a scientist, again please comment on the last three paragraphs in the earlier link I posted. And again ,what does any of this have to show it is Jesus, other than your wishful thinking.

Scientists reproduce ‘fake’ Shroud of Turin to prove cloth is man-made | iPrissy.com (http://iprissy.com/technology/scientists-reproduce-fake-shroud-of-turin-to-prove-cloth-is-man-made/ - broken link)

And about the 3-d show: The Fraud of Turin | Center for Inquiry

""The intellectually dishonest presentation even carried the unchallenged assertion that no artistic materials were found on the cloth. In fact, famed microanalyst Walter McCrone discovered that the body image (in contrast to off-image areas) had significant amounts of artist's pigment. The show repeated the false assertion that the "blood" stains were "human" blood, when in fact they failed batteries of forensic serological tests for blood"




I can assure you, because the evidence I have presented comes from the vast body of scientific evidence. Not some other source that has not been peer reviewed.

McCrone's discovery has been debunked by his own people. And McCrone was the only scientist to make that claim. All other scientist who have tested the shroud and analyzed the image fibers disagree with McCrone.
Also, McCrone's work, (IS NOT PEER REVIEWED) and cannot be scientifically reproduced.

If junk science is what you want to believe in. Then good luck with that.
Yet if you are looking to scientific testing that dismisses such junk science. And is both supported by the vast opinion of other scientest, and is peer reviewed. Then you will understand that the shroud shows us both a negative, and a 3-D image. And no artist from the past could of done this. Because no one from the past knew what a negative image was, nor did they know about 3-D images.

The Peculiar 3D Phenomenon of the Shroud of Turin Image

http://www.shroudofturin4journalists.com/3d.htm

Last edited by Campbell34; 09-21-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,010 posts, read 12,237,426 times
Reputation: 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I can assure you, because the evidence I have presented comes from the vast body of scientific evidence. Not some other source that has not been peer reviewed.

McCrone's discovery has been debunked by his own people. And McCrone was the only scientist to make that claim. All other scientist who have tested the shroud and analyzed the image fibers disagree with McCrone.
Also, McCrone's work, (IS NOT PEER REVIEWED) and cannot be scientifically reproduced.

If junk science is what you want to believe in. Then good luck with that.
Yet if you are looking to scientific testing that dismisses such junk science. And is both supported by the vast opinion of other scientest, and is peer reviewed. Then you will understand that the shroud shows us both a negative, and a 3-D image. And no artist from the past could of done this. Because no one from the past knew what a negative image was, nor did they know about 3-D images.
All I see you is ignoring the fact that it has been replicated and it looks almost identical. No artist, again you ignore the facts. You are also ignoring the other posts stating that they we dishonest about the blood. McCrone did not do the replicating and it was done, and proof has been shown, so again this proves you are ignoring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 05:46 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 18,572,179 times
Reputation: 14472
Whether the shroud is 10 years old or 10,000 years old there is nothing, I repeat nothing, which demonstrates that the impression is that of the man referred to as Jesus since the chain of evidence originates in the 14th Century. Even the Catholic Church gives only qualified acceptance of the shroud's authenticity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,635,437 times
Reputation: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And you have just proven all charges against you.

You do continue to present old (and false) data in trying to get people to agree with you. It is only true in your own little mind.

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of "bigot". Has nothing to do with race. And you do make up lies to support your own silly position. I know that you won't look up the definition of bigot as it would prove you wrong, one again.

As for name calling, you are a jerk. I never said it, you branded yourself. More moronic behavior.



The data I have presented comes from the latest studies. And if this is not the case, do you care to show us more recent data that would dismiss what I have put forward? You know, it's easy to make comments like you do, yet it is harder to present evidence to confirm such comments. Care to tell us what lies I have made up?

1. The C-14 testing of the shroud has been debunked as invalid by science. Are you suggesting that was a lie?

2. The shroud has a negative image. Are you suggesting that was a lie?

3. The shroud has been proven by the use of NASAs VP-8 Image Analyzer to contain a 3-D image. Are you suggesting that was a lie?

I have always found that those who come here and shoot their mouths off, are usually the one's who do not present any real evidence to support their position. And because they have know knowledge to support their position. They are reduced to name calling.

Oh, and by the way. I did look up the definition of bigot. And in Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary Eleventh Edition it states. A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; esp one who regards or treats (MEMBERS OF A GROUP (AS A RACIAL OR ETHNIC GROUP WITH HATRED AND INTOLERANCE).

It appears being a bigot can have something to do with race. And it appears you are wrong again. Maybe you should get yourself another Dictionary.LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,635,437 times
Reputation: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Whether the shroud is 10 years old or 10,000 years old there is nothing, I repeat nothing, which demonstrates that the impression is that of the man referred to as Jesus since the chain of evidence originates in the 14th Century. Even the Catholic Church gives only qualified acceptance of the shroud's authenticity.


Ever mark found on the shroud matches the Biblical account of the death of Jesus Christ. And Jesus was the only man in history to of been raised from the dead. And eyewitinesses have stated Christ resurrection really occured. The shroud defies modern science. And the image that appears on the shroud was made in a miraculous way. And that is why we find both a negative, and a 3-D image on the shroud. And that is why modern day science cannot tell us how the image came to be. Christ resurrection was miraculous, and the image found on the shroud matches His resurrection. Only non believers would try to ignore or dismiss the shrouds reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Detroit/South Korea
465 posts, read 278,418 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Ever mark found on the shroud matches the Biblical account of the death of Jesus Christ. And Jesus was the only man in history to of been raised from the dead. And eyewitinesses have stated Christ resurrection really occured. The shroud defies modern science. And the image that appears on the shroud was made in a miraculous way. And that is why we find both a negative, and a 3-D image on the shroud. And that is why modern day science cannot tell us how the image came to be. Christ resurrection was miraculous, and the image found on the shroud matches His resurrection. Only non believers would try to ignore or dismiss the shrouds reality.
LOL how does it defy modern science if it was shown it could be recreated? Why didn't the shroud appear before the 12 or 13th centuries? Where was it hiding all that time?

Why will you believe "Eyewitness" accounts of your "god", but not any other if eyewitness accounts are always valid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,635,437 times
Reputation: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
LOL how does it defy modern science if it was shown it could be recreated? Why didn't the shroud appear before the 12 or 13th centuries? Where was it hiding all that time?

Why will you believe "Eyewitness" accounts of your "god", but not any other if eyewitness accounts are always valid?


Only in our time is there even a chance of the shroud being recreated? And all such attempts have not been able to produce the 3-D image. How do you suppose the shroud was created in the 12 or 13th centuries. Taking into account that no one back then even heard of a negative print, or a 3-D image. Of course, that observation would require common sense.

And what (OTHER) eyewitness accounts are you even talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,756,684 times
Reputation: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Ever mark found on the shroud matches the Biblical account of the death of Jesus Christ.
...and the possibility that whoever forged the shroud might have been familiar with the story and created the image to match the story has never even crossed your mind has it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 AM
 
701 posts, read 408,549 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, I saw that...Either the news people got it wrong or Hawking had a little brain fart...The actual theory is that the the big bang began with an incredibly dense mass of energy...(which is not nothing) Neither energy or mass can be destroyed. The big bang began the process of converting some of that energy to mass, and that process continues to this day.


YouTube - Origin of the Universe - Stephen Hawking (2 of 5)
So where did the energy come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,635,437 times
Reputation: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and the possibility that whoever forged the shroud might have been familiar with the story and created the image to match the story has never even crossed your mind has it?


I dismiss that when I was told the shroud was both a negative print, and contained a 3-D image. And when todays science cannot explain how the image came into existance. I then understood that we were not dealing with somthing that a simple artist could produce, or fake. And the more information science confirms about the shroud, the more we realize that it's existance came about by something that is beyond human understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top