Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:55 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,441,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
"We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost." 1st Article of Faith LDS Church
You hide what you believe by highjacked words with other meanings than what the Scriptures teach. Your Mormon god is a created being who worships another god, who worships another god -back to eons unknown by you, to some far off beginning of gods which you haven't yet invented a story about how they came to be, in the first place.
And if you deny that fact of your Mormon god being only a created god by sex, of another god and goddess, and so on and so on and so on, then you are really not credible at all, about anything, are you?

Your Mormon god is a married man living on a planet "far far away", and so busy having sex and making babies that he has no time for your prayers [266 babies are born into the world each minute, or about 4.4 babies are born worldwide per second and the population of earth is near seven billion, so the Mormon god has no time for anyone's prayers in his far off planet, becasue he has to keep his wives pregnant so that earth can have babies sent down to be born on earth -which is a lie against the Truth ];
and you don't even give any mention to your [so called] mother goddess -because that was not convenient to think about in Mormon founding, when the men only wanted power, money, and sex, over the gullible they tempted into their false religion.

But that Mormon god is NOT the LORD GOD of Creation, and Not what the Holy Scriptures teach -ever! -and you do know that the Bible does not teach that, but you are content to believe a lie made up by mortal men in rebellion against Jesus Christ, the Creator of them.

Your Mormon god is more akin to the Greek gods, the Titans of old, and for all purposes, is just another one of them in a long line of gods who lust for sex, wealth, and power over others.

Quote:
We do not believe that Jesus created Satan, and I don't think many other Christians do either.
There is no born again in Christ Bible Believing Christian who believes anything but that Jesus Christ, as YHWH the Word, created Satan! -And it is blasphemy against Jesus Christ to teach such lies about Him.

Quote:
With respect for your absolute right to believe whatever you will, and to worship whatever you will as you will, I recommend a few weeks of humble and sincere fasting and prayer, and scripture study with an open mind anxiously seeking to know the TRUTH. That might work wonders for you in my opinion...
I do not take your recommends, as I am a born again in Christ Bible Believing adopted son of God, joined to Christ in the New Man name.
I know Jesus and am known of Him, and to seek another way, another Jesus, would be unforgivable, after having known Him and having been born of His Living Spirit -as Galatians makes plain.

The Scriptures teach that Jesus Christ is the Creator, YHWH, who made all things, and that Satan is a created being with a purpose in this creation of tempting, trying, and testing created angels of God on high and sons of men/Adam below.

All born again in Christ, Bible believing Christians know that the Word of God is true, and that Satan is a created being. Some mistakenly think -because of bad theology taught them, but not because of their own investigations- that Satan was created as a son of God, a holy angel; but the ancient Jewish books teach that the satans, led by their chief, are a host of evil spirits created in heaven, who tempt angels and men; so that those who do not believe his lies and who do not rebel against the LORD their Creator, will have a part in the regenerated heavens and earth, when the satans and their Chief Satan, go to their place, the Lake of Fire.

Quote:
The Mormon Apostle and modern day theologian Bruce R. McConkie allows us a better insight into the Mormon view of the Godhead in his work "Mormon Doctrine" this way:
"Mormons do in fact have many gods"

(4) 4 Smith, Joseph F. The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. Salt Lake City, UT: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1984 ed.(P.370)

He further goes on to state
"Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, comprise the Godhead. As each of these persons is a God, it is evident, from this standpoint alone, that a plurality of Gods exists. To us, speaking in the proper finite sense, these three are the only Gods we worship. But in addition there is an infinite number of holy personages, drawn from worlds without number, who have passed on to exaltation and are thus gods"(5)

5Brigham Young: Journal of Discourses Vol.6 pg.50 : Desert Book Company / Salt Lake City, UT. 1992 (Reprint)
Mormon god

Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,369,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You hide what you believe by highjacked words with other meanings than what the Scriptures teach....
Ok, you tell me what you believe about Jesus creating Satan, I have no knowledge of that doctrine nor do I believe it to be true, nor am I convinced that most Christians believe it. (How was Jesus supposed to have created Satan, and when did he go about doing that, and where is that event recorded in scripture?)

But as usual you go on and on in a railing manner about things you know nothing about (LDS beliefs.) And, as I stated in my earlier post regarding critics of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you quote not only from the Journal of Discourses but from a second party apparently quoting from a book called "Mormon Doctrine" that is the opinions of just one man who was counseled by the First Presidency NOT to publish his book because it had hundreds of statements in it that are not supported by what's in our canon, which includes the Bible. (And there's only ONE Jesus in the Bible by the way!)

You sure seem fixated on sexual relations! (Perhaps you have a sad story to tell and maybe that's what's really behind your ceaseless bigoted attacks on the Latter-day Saints?) But anyway, God commanded us through Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the earth. The usual way of doing that is through a male and a female having sexual relations. So, sex is really not such an awful thing as you consistently present it as being, sometimes it's even fun.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 PM

27,921 posts, read 29,774,299 times
Quote:
You sure seem fixated on sexual relations! (Perhaps you have a sad story to tell and maybe that's what's really behind your ceaseless bigoted attacks on the Latter-day Saints?) But anyway, God commanded us through Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the earth. The usual way of doing that is through a male and a female having sexual relations. So, sex is really not such an awful thing as you consistently present it as being, sometimes it's even fun.
Yeah, she's totally hung up on sex. I've never seen another poster quite like her in that respect. Other than her one-track mind, though, she appears to be essentially harmless.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yeah, she's totally hung up on sex. I've never seen another poster quite like her in that respect. Other than her one-track mind, though, she appears to be essentially harmless.
My hubby, daughter, son and grandson just motorbiked through Salt Lake City, and daughter reported that the billboards in that city show a complete and total fixation on "sex -sex- sex".
She was embarrassed by the ads on billboards and the places they went that cashed in on the Mormon fixation for "sex-sex-sex".

The Mormon god does nothing but have "sex-sex-sex", to get his wives pg so as to have spirit babies born of his flesh and bone body and flesh and bone body wife, so as to send those spirit babies to earth, to others of his now flesh and bone bodied children, who will have sex so as to have those spirit children come into the womb, by his own sperm, somehow, which is not conception in the Biblical sense and doctrine, but is an alien invasion of beings from another planet, coming into earthlings who were once beings on another planet -and some, many, LDS leaders say that planet is named Kolob.

And why does a flesh and bone bodied Mormon god only beget "spirit children" on his planet, with his flesh and bone bodied goddesses, anyway?

-H-M-M? Things Mormons can't talk about because they didn't get a revelation for that one, just that Joe Smith started this whole thing as a revelation that Joe Smith was to marry other men's wives, [and ten virgins per Mormon male were decided upon as the number they must get]- so as to be his wives in his "celestial kingdom" on his planet/sun/-whatever!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:32 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,134,677 times
As a past Psych major, this person has some SERIOUS psychological problems.
The more we entertain this person, the more he/she will post. Ignore her/his threads.
Look at the stats. Only posts in the religious section!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,635,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
As a past Psych major, this person has some SERIOUS psychological problems.
The more we entertain this person, the more he/she will post. Ignore her/his threads.
Look at the stats. Only posts in the religious section!!!
I know, it is really scary. I am so glad I am not in that circle. You are right, besides her posts just give me a migraine.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:11 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,658,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're kidding, huh?

Honey, if I were embarrassed by LDS doctrine, I wouldn't be LDS.

See, the thing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that we believe that God is the source of all truth. He wants us to find truth, and to embrace it wherever we find it. We're not afraid to find truth in places you wouldn't even consider looking. It doesn't matter if someone outside our faith believes it, too. That doesn't make it wrong. That makes both of us right about that particular point of truth.

Good on ya. I may not agree with your beliefs, but your attitude is refreshing and I just had to let you know.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
(And there's only ONE Jesus in the Bible by the way!)
There is only One Jesus Christ belieed on by Christians, and He is not the other Jesus whom Mormons preach, nor other one whom JW's preach.

2Cr 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Cr 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

2Cr 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.2Cr 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:41 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,118,500 times
Wow. I no longer have any hope in the intelligence of the human race. We are doomed by those who literally believe in magical temples in the middle of a star.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Ok, you tell me what you believe about Jesus creating Satan, I have no knowledge of that doctrine nor do I believe it to be true, nor am I convinced that most Christians believe it. (How was Jesus supposed to have created Satan, and when did he go about doing that, and where is that event recorded in scripture?)
Genesis 1-2:1 ;
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

YHWH in the Person of the Word, pre-incarnate, is the only Person in YHWH seen, in the OT or NT, and He is come in flesh, and He created all things, "alone". He calls Himself Redeemer/Kinsman of Israel, from the beginning of the naming of His elect ones, "Israel", with His own New Man name.

He is the Similitude of YHWH in whose image Adam is made, and He is the One who made the host of heaven, which host includes the satans, and the chief satan, and He made them all in the six days of creation week, in the beginning.

Jesus Christ is YHWH on the throne in the OT and in the NT, and He is come in flesh. John 12:37-41 states that Jesus Christ is YHWH on the throne, seen in Isaiah 6, who was "LORD/YHWH of hosts".

He is the One whom Satan and the host under him, and all creation, will bow to, for Jesus Christ made them all, in the beginning.

YHWH says this, in Isaiah;
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

YHWH who states that, above, had already, in another time, said it out of His own mouth, in heaven, that "unto Him every knee would bow and every tongue confess to Him".
That One to whom every knee shall bow is YHWH, in the Person of the Son of Man; who was with God, from the beginning, and who was God, and who is come in flesh, and in whose image/similitude -exact tupos [Romans 5:14, in the Greek], Adam is made, bodily.

Now where in the Scriptures did YHWH state, in the past, from that verse in Isaiah, that every knee would bow to Him and every tongue bow to Him; and why did Paul know that YHWH, to whom every tongue would bow and every tongue would confess was Jesus Christ?
Quote:
Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: Phl 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; Phl 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Every knee shall bow to the name of Jesus, in heaven and in earth, and every tongue, likewise, in heaven and in earth, and under the earth, shall confess that Jesus Christ is LORD/YHWH to the glory of God the Father.

How did Paul know that the YHWH who was speaking in Isaiah who said that every knee would bow to Him and every tongue confess to Him was the LORD JESUS Christ? -Paul knew it by that most ancient Scripture revelation of the Son of Man in heaven, who was with God, who was hidden in God, and whose name was [at that time] secret; and who was, Himself, God, the Creator of all things and not only God the Word, but the very Oath of God, and the son of Man in heaven.

Quote:
[Chapter 63]
1 In those days shall the mighty and the kings who possess the earth implore (Him) to grant them a little respite from His angels of punishment to whom they were delivered, that they might fall 2 down and worship before the Lord of Spirits, and confess their sins before Him. And they shall bless and glorify the Lord of Spirits, and say:
' Blessed is the Lord of Spirits and the Lord of kings,
And the Lord of the mighty and the Lord of the rich,
And the Lord of glory and the Lord of wisdom,
3 And splendid in every secret thing is Thy power from generation to generation,
And Thy glory for ever and ever:
Deep are all Thy secrets and innumerable,
And Thy righteousness is beyond reckoning.
4 We have now learnt that we should glorify
And bless the Lord of kings and Him who is king over all kings.'
5 And they shall say:
' Would that we had rest to glorify and give thanks
And confess our faith before His glory !
6 And now we long for a little rest but find it not:
We follow hard upon and obtain (it) not:
And light has vanished from before us,
And darkness is our dwelling-place for ever and ever:
7 For we have not believed before Him
Nor glorified the name of the Lord of Spirits, [nor glorified our Lord]
But our hope was in the sceptre of our kingdom,
And in our glory.
8 And in the day of our suffering and tribulation He saves us not,
And we find no respite for confession
That our Lord is true in all His works, and in His judgements and His justice,
And His judgements have no respect of persons.
And we pass away from before His face on account of our works,
And all our sins are reckoned up in righteousness.'
10 Now they shall say unto themselves: ' Our souls are full of unrighteous gain, but it does not prevent us from descending from the midst thereof into the burden of Sheol.'
11 And after that their faces shall be filled with darkness
And shame before that Son of Man,
And they shall be driven from his presence,
And the sword shall abide before his face in their midst.

12 Thus spake the Lord of Spirits: ' This is the ordinance and judgement with respect to the mighty and the kings and the exalted and those who possess the earth before the Lord of Spirits.'

As the Word of God, Jesus is the very Oath who made and upholds all creation;
Quote:
1 Enoch 69

16 And these are the secrets of this oath . . .
And they are strong through his oath:
And the heaven was suspended before the world was created,
And for ever.
17 And through it the earth was founded upon the water,
And from the secret recesses of the mountains come beautiful waters,
From the creation of the world and unto eternity.
18 And through that oath the sea was created,
And as its foundation He set for it the sand against the time of (its) anger,
And it dare not pass beyond it from the creation of the world unto eternity.
9 And through that oath are the depths made fast,
And abide and stir not from their place from eternity to eternity.
20 And through that oath the sun and moon complete their course,
And deviate not from their ordinance from eternity to eternity.
21 And through that oath the stars complete their course,
And He calls them by their names,
And they answer Him from eternity to eternity.
22 [And in like manner the spirits of the water, and of the winds, and of all zephyrs, and (their) paths 23 from all the quarters of the winds. And there are preserved the voices of the thunder and the light of the lightnings: and there are preserved the chambers of the hail and the chambers of the 24 hoarfrost, and the chambers of the mist, and the chambers of the rain and the dew. And all these believe and give thanks before the Lord of Spirits, and glorify (Him) with all their power, and their food is in every act of thanksgiving: they thank and glorify and extol the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.]
25 And this oath is mighty over them
And through it [they are preserved and] their paths are preserved,
And their course is not destroyed.
26 And there was great joy amongst them,
And they blessed and glorified and extolled
Because the name of that Son of Man had been revealed unto them.
Hbr 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding allthings by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

The Son of Man in heaven, who was hidden in God, and who was God, in whose image Adam is made, is that One to whom every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is LORD -and He is come in flesh as YHWH, just as Isaiah 59 states, and as Rev 19 states that He is returning in the same body [garment] of flesh that He, the WORD OF GOD, donned at the incarnation, and died in and rose in, when the body of flesh for His habitation among Adam/man was prepared new, in the womb of a virgin, as that second Man creation.

Satan bows to the LORD Jesus Christ.
All the host of heaven bow to the LORD Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ created all things, as YHWH in the Person of the Word.

The Son of Man in heaven is come in flesh, and He is the Creator who created all the Satans and the Lake of Fire for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality