Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times

Advertisements

Mormonism teaches that their god dwells on a planet called Kolob, cohabiting with his wife or wives, and has children of his wives, there, who are sent to earth to learn how to be good Mormons and by that, then, to be gods like him, with their own planets and wives; that is what the Founding doctrines of Mormonism teach, and is still part of thier "revelations" and can be read in their doctrines. But don;t expect them to tell you that when they try to promote their religion as a family religion," where good Mormon families will be together forever" -they just don't tell you where that will be, nor do they tell you how it is possible, because you would just back off, and they know it.

Quote:
Ancient Mormon Doctrine Scholar Dr. Einar C. Erickson - KOLOB AND THE URIM AND THUMMIM
"Kolob signifies the first creation nearer to the Celestial, or the residence of God." (Smith p. 26) In all of these various quotes and statements there are hints and suggestions about the geography of the Universe...
So where does the Word of God state that God/YHWH/THE WORD dwells/abides, has a residence/a temple at, in this creation? -
"In the sun hath He set His tabernacle" states the Psalmist; in the Septuagint translation it is -to English- " He set His tabernacle in the sun";
and in the Douay-Rheims
Psalms 18:
6 He hath set his tabernacle in the sun: and he, as a bridegroom coming out of his bride chamber, Hath rejoiced as a giant to run the way:

So the Hebrew of this states: - Psalm 19:4

set/ Suwm tabernacle/'ohel sun/Shemesh,
suwm; to put, place, set, appoint, make
'ohel;dwelling, home, habitation
Shemesh sun

So, are there other such Scriptures that teach that the created temple in the created heaven, God's dwelling/abode, is in the sun? -yes.
Isaiah 18:4 ...[/SIZE]
so LORD/YHWH said [I will take My] rest [and] look down upon/scan intently/consider [from My] abode/habitation/dwelling place
the [dazzling/glowing/clear/bright/ hot [sun]..
There are more. Too bad the Translators had no understanding when they translated to English. The Greek Septuagint Translators of 3 BC had no such bias, and translated it as [translated to English] "He hath set His Tabernacle in the sun".

Mormonism's founders had no understanding of original language or of the doctrines of the Word itself, and certainly no revelation from God, for the angels come out of the Temple in heaven, the "dazzling Hot sun", to minister to the sons of Adam on earth, below.

Early man knew where God's dwelling place was, and they worshiped Him "from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same"; but over time, peoples of the tribes of earth changed His glory ,and worshiped the creation, instead of the Creator. Sun worship was not what was being depicted at first, when the sun was depicted as the dwelling place of the Unseen Creator, but later peoples did turn to worship the created thing, the house or dwelling of God, instead of God, Himself.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 10-14-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 10-14-2009, 02:40 PM

212 posts, read 572,897 times
The alien god vs sun god wow this is funny

Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desol11 View Post
The alien god vs sun god wow this is funny
Celebrity Boxing! Let's get ready to rrrrrruummmmmmbbbllllle!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
What the heck? Is this the "who's got the wackiest belief" contest? I think you're gonna win that hands down YSM....

Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
It's also a scientific fact that our earth is more than 6000 years old, there was never a global flood and humans evolved from ape-like creatures around 6 million years ago. You love to attack mormons but your religion is just as wacky, YeshuaS.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Who all's on Uranus?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:34 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,472,904 times
Ok, now you are just making stuff up. I grew up in the heart of Mormon country. My grandparents on both sides were Mormon, my mom was Mormon and most of my friends my entire life have been Mormon, and I've never ever ever heard of such a thing.

Maybe the Fundamentalist LDS (FLDS) people believe this, but I'm pretty darn sure that mainline Mormons believe no such thing.

If you want to make fun of Mormon beliefs, at least pick something true, like the fact that they believe the Garden of Eden to be in Missouri. Now that is both true and hilarious.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,472,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Mormonism's founders had no understanding of original language or of the doctrines of the Word itself, and certainly no revelation from God
Ah, something we can agree on. Mormonism's founders had no revelation from God. I agree with that. Of course, in my opionion, you can replace "Mormonism" and "God" with any other religious words, ever, and I would still agree, so maybe that isn't saying much.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:51 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
yeshuasavedme, Since this is at least your fourth antiMormon thread I'm just curious if you've ever had any Mormon friends. I've lived in cities that had a large number of Mormons and as a result I had Mormon coworkers who I became good friends with. I don't judge people by their religious beliefs although it is important to have friends with good character who you can trust and respect. I'm not judging you either even though you have some beliefs that are very far from mainstream religious views but you have a right to believe in whatever you want. I just wonder why you appear to have so much hostility for Mormons and as soon as one thread is shut down you turn around and start another one with the same topic.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:51 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Did anybody bring popcorn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality