Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:58 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
The fact is; anyone who live sthe gospel of Christ can receive salvation to some level, but to recieve total salvation requires living the gospel completly an dteh doctrine completly.

At mainstream meetings on Sunday, "milk" is taught and re-taught to the mainstreamers, but "meat" is neevr taught!
All I'm saying is you need to fix the space bar on your keyboard! Slow down a bit when typing!

What do you mean by total salvation? Does this mean there is a partial salvation? I thought either you were saved or you weren't.

I'll see the answer tomorrow! Good night all!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 PM

137 posts, read 435,969 times
As for those that insist that Declaration #1 is a revelation, man alive, I cannot see how any could belive this!

The very first sentence( in part) states;
" TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Press dispatches having been sent for political puposes, from Salt Lake City,..................."

What part of 'not a revelation' does one not understand? I could go on and on but might be talking to a brick wall.

I would lov eto talk with people (LDS or not LDS) about this, but if you are going to have a serious conversation with me about this, then we will covenant with each other to read up on each other's refernces as to have an intelligent conversation and an open mind.

The fact is, I can back-up everything I say! I so desperatly miss having an intelligent discussion with people! As such, I invite all comers!

I wlil be respectful and ask the same!

I look forward to our future correspondence!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:02 PM

jeffcandance,

The keyboard I am using ha shad milk spille don it time and time again. i apologize for the terrible spelling and transpositioning........

Old 06-21-2007, 06:03 PM

As for the question about salvation......

Old 06-21-2007, 06:04 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Real fundamentalists believe in marrying close to their own age. Not children.
From time to time a man in his 50s might marry a girl in her 30s or late 20s, but the idea of any honest polygamist marrying a child is totally off!
This is good to hear. I think the few notorious sects of poligamists that associate themselves with fundementalist Mormon beliefs have given the practice a really bad name. Again I do believe that if it is consentual (and I should add that you can afford to support all your family members as well) that you should go ahead and live your life the way you see fit.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:20 PM

In the Bible we learn about different levels of heaven as mentioned in 1st Corinthians chapter 15.

Salvation literally means to " be saved from one's enemies."

So if this is the definition( which is teh definition Christ used) and there are different levels of heaven based on how good a person is, then the higher one goes in the the kingdoms of heaven the greater salvation.

For example;

If a thief goe sto the lowest level of heaven( the kingdom of teh stars as it is often refered to in 1 Corinthians), is it fair that a righetous person who is not a liar, is not a thief, is not a fornicator, is not an adultor would go to the same kingdom and receive the same blessings as one who is not deserving of them as much as that righteous person is desserving of them?

According to the Bible, each person is blessed according to what they desserve! As such, the kingdom of God that one goes to is dependant on their goodness ( and other like things).

So if thieves go to the lowest kingdom( of the stars), and a good person goes to the middle kingdom( of the moon), and a valiantly honorable a nd righteous person goes to the highest kingdom( of the sun), than each level of salavtion is different! For if a thief cannot dwell in a higher kingdom( as teh Bible says they cannot) then he is only saved in that kingdom. If that thief had a complete salvation he would be in teh highest kingdom, but he cannot for no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God!

Therefore, again, the level of salvation is dependant! the good thing, however, is most things we can repent of; so, if we were a thief( for example) and we repented and did not steal again we could then receive a higher salvation!
End part I, part II will begin on the next immediatly following post...

Old 06-21-2007, 06:23 PM

irishmom,

Yes one should be able to afford to take care of one's own family, that would be best!

Now going back to answering jeffcandance, :-)

Old 06-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Part II of Salvation post........ begins now..........

Thanks for your patience jeffcandance

Old 06-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Jeffcandance,

There is more than salvation available to the children of God.

We being God's children really do have the ability to progress eternally, however, we must not only except Christ and do as He wills us to do ( thats the salvation part) but we must also expressly live the laws of God ( thats the exaltation part).

In Job; chapter 36, verse 7 it reads " He withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings are they on the throne; yea, he doth establish them for ever, and they are exalted."

I will not go into explaining this just yet, I want to give you and others who read this a chance to think about what it means!

In Job chapter 36, verse 22 it reads" Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?"

There are at least 78 references to exaltation found in the Bible!

In the Merriam-Webster Dictionary the definition of "exalt" is: " 1. To raise up esp. in rank, power, or dignity 2. GLORIFY- exaltation. "

The fact is, God exalts his children who obey Him and live by celestial law.

I will end this post for now and allow all who read this the time to think about the above written and check references and do research.

Last edited by kaiser; 06-21-2007 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: addition ( addressing to whom I am speaking)

Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
I understand that to reach full salvation you are called to live in plural marriage. But don't you have to have a calling to plural marriage in the first place? Or is it expected of everyone? Just wondering if someone can be considered a fundementalist and not choose plural marriage for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality