Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 PM

646 posts, read 1,610,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Ok a dog dosent produce a cat so then a primate can't produce a human right? so if a dog can't produce a cat then that means a speiceis can't evolve into another so by your words evolution is false.

BANG! BANG! BANG! OUCH!

That was the sound of my head hitting a wall.

Humans are primates. So yes, a primate does produce a human. One example of this would be your mother producing you.

You simply, willfully refuse to understand even the most basic concept of evolution. Dogs do not evolve into cats. Or vice versa. Chimpanzees do not evolve into humans.

Other, now extinct creatures, that we know about due to fossil records, evolve into cats, dogs, humans and chimps. In turn, in several hundred thousand years, cats, dogs, humans and chimps will evolve into something else. I do not know what, but we will change, our current species will be declared extinct, and a new one will replace us.

Hundreds of thousands of years.

Not some cat-dog hybrid mutation. That is the stuff of photoshop and religious zealots, not science.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:44 PM

219 posts, read 718,029 times
Quote:
You put a link to transitional fourms but all it was was a little paragraph so please present some pictures not some biast scientist explaination.
I put a link to two large and very thorough articles on the subject of transitions in vertebrate paleontology, which I assume it’s safe to say you did not read. Did you also neglect what I posted as far as examples? It would seem so.

I suppose pictures are easier to digest for some than reading, so I shall comply with your request and post some of the images which are found in the research articles I cited.

First is the T. roseae specimen in a labeled image:

What you see here is dorsal view (b) and a ventral view (c). In the two views the labeling is abbreviated which are the following - an, anocleithrum; bb, basibranchial; co, coracoid; clav, clavicle; clth, cleithrum; cbr, ceratobranchial; ent, entopterygoid; hu, humerus; lep, lepidotrichia; mand, mandible; nar, naris; or, orbit; psp, parasphenoid; ra, radius; suc, supracleithrum; ul, ulna; uln, ulnare. Scale bar equals 5 cm.

More information and pictures of the specimen as well as some pictures of constructed models can be found on a paged dedicated to the find at the University of Chicago’s website – Tiktaalik roseae: Home

This image is of A. microbrachis and shows the pectoral girdle and cervical vertebrae:

This is a drawing of what the specimen would have most likely resembled, notice the reduction in size of the forelimbs – which is also shown in the photograph of the fossil specimen above:

This is a photo take directly from the article on the specimen N. rionegrina:

These are the images from the research papers themselves and photos of the actual specimens as well.

Also, you seem to still fail to understand why Comfort’s “challenge” is a sham. If you would have read my previous long post on the matter, you’d see why. Unfortunately, it seem that no matter how much information I or others present you will continue to cling to that which you do not see as a threat your ideology. If this is the case and your intent is to not discuss the science involved here but only criticize what we offer, then this discussion is pointless. I would have hoped this would be an opportunity for someone to learn something – it seems I was wrong.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:47 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Cool post, solidsquid. Very informative. Thanks bunches.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:55 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Well i never said all science is wrong but when scientist go as far as to say there is no GOD or the BIBLE has been flawed then thats when they are wrong.
Maybe in YOUR opinion, but I tend to side with scientific research, rather than a book that was written by MAN thousands of years ago... I take the Bible/Torah as an abstract guide for life, and not as a textbook from any academic standpoint - especially science. And despite what you might like to believe, there are many flaws & fallacies in the Bible.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:57 PM

208 posts, read 507,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch00 View Post
BANG! BANG! BANG! OUCH!

That was the sound of my head hitting a wall.

Humans are primates. So yes, a primate does produce a human. One example of this would be your mother producing you.

You simply, willfully refuse to understand even the most basic concept of evolution. Dogs do not evolve into cats. Or vice versa. Chimpanzees do not evolve into humans.

Other, now extinct creatures, that we know about due to fossil records, evolve into cats, dogs, humans and chimps. In turn, in several hundred thousand years, cats, dogs, humans and chimps will evolve into something else. I do not know what, but we will change, our current species will be declared extinct, and a new one will replace us.

Hundreds of thousands of years.

Not some cat-dog hybrid mutation. That is the stuff of photoshop and religious zealots, not science.

Surely scientists must know what we will evolve into in several hundred thousand years right? With all the fancy computers and all the hocus pocus chemicals and equipment they should know what we are going to look like.
Any documentation of what our future relatives will look like?
BTW, in a local story it was reported yesterday, that egg yokes are now healthy to eat in moderation. They were unhealthy to eat a few months ago, but they are safe to eat now. Those wacky doctors just can't make up their minds. LOL

Old 05-30-2007, 04:07 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoet View Post
Surely scientists must know what we will evolve into in several hundred thousand years right? With all the fancy computers and all the hocus pocus chemicals and equipment they should know what we are going to look like.
Any documentation of what our future relatives will look like?
BTW, in a local story it was reported yesterday, that egg yokes are now healthy to eat in moderation. They were unhealthy to eat a few months ago, but they are safe to eat now. Those wacky doctors just can't make up their minds. LOL

You clearly do not understand how it works FB. I don't know where you guys went to elementary or juinor high school but you should sue them. The whole point of evolution and natural selection is to survive in your surroundings BASED on your surroundings and the adaptability of the creature. You can't honestly believe that we would be able to predict the future of the human race millions of years from now. We don't know what the conditions of earth will be like 100,000 years from now do we? 100,000 years ago we were in the middle of the last Ice Age. It would be impossible to figure out what the climatic, tectonic, and radiological conditions on earth will be like thousands of years from now. All those things dictate our conditions and how things evolve.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah looks like you should never go to the doctor because you just don't trust science. Let me know how that works out for ya. Let's go prayer vs. medicine and see which one works when you get flesh eating disease. Let's just check it out and see how it works.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:12 PM

208 posts, read 507,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe in YOUR opinion, but I tend to side with scientific research, rather than a book that was written by MAN thousands of years ago... I take the Bible/Torah as an abstract guide for life, and not as a textbook from any academic standpoint - especially science. And despite what you might like to believe, there are many flaws & fallacies in the Bible.

Unless a scientist was there at the beginning of creation right after the "big Bang" everything they try to explain is just a theory. They can't accurately forecast the weather yet we are to believe them when they tell us something is 10 million years old. They probably can't find their car keys, but somehow they are able to "discover" the fossils of the rare never seen before so and so dinosaur species in the middle of the dessert. The Bible is factual and it has been around a lot longer then any computer or hocus pocus equipment that scientists use.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Unless a scientist was there at the beginning of creation right after the "big Bang" everything they try to explain is just a theory. They can't accurately forecast the weather yet we are to believe them when they tell us something is 10 million years old. They probably can't find their car keys, but somehow they are able to "discover" the fossils of the rare never seen before so and so dinosaur species in the middle of the dessert. The Bible is factual and it has been around a lot longer then any computer or hocus pocus equipment that scientists use.

If the Bible is so factual can you please answer my question I posted on another board? How did Noah get the dinosaurs on the Ark? I'm serious how did he get the T-Rex from eating all the other dinosaurs. If you say the dinosaurs weren't around when Noah built the Ark then your beloved creationist museum is wrong because it has fossils of dinosaurs and man walking together. If you say he didn't load them on the boat than he went against God's will by not loading them because he said to gather them all. If you say that Noah put them on the ark and they died after than I must ask... How did the T-Rex not eat everything on the boat? Just curious.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsquid View Post
I would have hoped this would be an opportunity for someone to learn something – it seems I was wrong.
Not completely, I learned from your thoroughly informative posts. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality