Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:43 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I agree. We have the means and ways to become like our parent and still not be our parent. Jesus opened that door and now it's only up to us if we want to follow. The more love we have for ourselves and each other, the further we get inside that door and make it to the other side. Through Love, we can all become like our Father/Mother/Brother/Sister, however we want to look at it. Personally, I see God as my Father and Jesus the Big Brother leading me back to where I came. In that context, Jesus is God the human and Big Brother and never God the Father. (Did that even make sense? Seems I missed something. Oh well. I'll think on it)
Makes sense to me, but it never hurts to ponder a bit more.

I think it is very helpful when one actively seeks to develop a closer personal relationship with God and two-way communication, to keep in mind that we are literally His son or daughter and that He even looks like us, similar to the father of our earthly body looks like us, except that God the Father's body is a glorious exalted resurrected one and we're still a child growing up. And unlike our earthly parent, He's perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 02:45 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Makes sense to me, but it never hurts to ponder a bit more.

I think it is very helpful when one actively seeks to develop a closer personal relationship with God and two-way communication, to keep in mind that we are literally His son or daughter and that He even looks like us, similar to the father of our earthly body looks like us, except that God the Father's body is a glorious exalted resurrected one and we're still a child growing up. And unlike our earthly parent, He's perfect!
Exactly! To God, we are perfect. To us, we are imperfect. All we have to do is get back to the love we chose not to take. We have a choice now since Jesus opened the door.
As Mother Teresa once said "Love till it hurts so that there can be no more hurt in the world" or something like that.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, He did:

John 10:30

30I and the Father are one."

This scripture shows your words are lies.

John 14:11

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

it is about Christian unity, not about a plurality of gods merged into one body

verse of John 10:30

"I and my father are one."

This verse, however is quoted out of context. The complete passage, starting with John 10:23, reads as follows:

"And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one."
John 10:23-30

In divinity?
In a holy "Trinity"?
No! They are one in PURPOSE. Just as no one shall pluck them out of Jesus' hand, so too shall no one pluck them out of God's hand.

Need more proof? Then read:

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one."
John 17:20-22

Is all of mankind also part of the "Trinity"?

Such terminology can be found in many other places, read for example:

"Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit,"
1 Corinthians 6:15-17

And also

"One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
Ephesians 4:6

And

"For as the (human) body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many."
1 Corinthians 12:12-14

Once we read the above verses and understand what the message was that Paul was trying to get across, then we can begin to understand his words in such places as

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
Ephesians 4:4

"St. Paul" was speaking about Christian unity, not about a plurality of gods merged into one body. As we shall soon see, he was completely ignorant of where his teachings would later lead, and how decades later, they would be the foundations which would spawn the "Trinity" doctrine.
http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/l...ch1.2.2.7.html (http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/ch1.2.2.7.html - broken link)

Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 AM

227 posts, read 344,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, He did:

John 10:30

30I and the Father are one."

This scripture shows your words are lies.

John 14:11

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.
the verse of tyour bible become lies !!!! ...it's your bible who prove that Jesus is nothing without his GOD ....and many verse in the BIble prove and confirme the he can not do any thing without his GOD !!!!
.anyway ...give me one verse in the bible ....Jesus said in it " I AM GOD PRAY ME, OBEY ME " ... the Bible who did not belong to Jesus said he was came to show the message of God ....and He could not did any thing without his GOD !!!!

I Repeat Give one verse in the bible Jesus told in it " I AM GOD , Pray me , obey me "
and many verse any the bible prove that he was messenger from the God .... because of that He said "clearly" HE CAN NOT DID ANY THING WITHOUT HIS GOD !!!!!
anyway did hear "ever" a GOD begged another GOD to help him !!!!
I Repeat Give one verse in the bible Jesus told in it " I AM GOD , Pray me , obey me "

Last edited by insan777; 10-25-2009 at 08:02 AM..

Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
the verse of tyour bible become lies !!!! ...it's your bible who prove that Jesus is nothing without his GOD ....and many verse in the BIble prove and confirme the he can not do any thing without his GOD !!!!
.anyway ...give me one verse in the bible ....Jesus said in it " I AM GOD PRAY ME, OBEY ME " ... the Bible who did not belong to Jesus said he was came to show the message of God ....and He could not did any thing without his GOD !!!!

and many verse any the bible prove that he was messenger from the God .... because of that He said "clearly" HE CAN NOT DID ANY THING WITHOUT HIS GOD !!!!!
anyway did hear "ever" a GOD begged another GOD to help him !!!!
The bible does not lie but the quran does and the people that follow it.

Show me one verse that says that Jesus is not God and a verse that say never to follow Him? LOL, good luck with that.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
John 20

27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." 28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

elwill wrote

thomas didn't mistaken , so that jesus didn't correct him
i will imagine myselfs have a child whom went to a war and dead there
then after many years he appeared and came to me saying : i'm alive , touch me if you have doubt , i'm not spirit , i didn't die there.
if i find myself in such situation , i will look at my son and say : oh my God ! and hug him
is that mean that i think that my son is the God ??????

this is exactly what i think happened with thomas

i forgot to add that from my point of view
muslims are the only nation whom believe that jesus didn't killed on the cross , yet they didn't saw him
may be he was refering to muslims by saying : blessed are those who have not seen and yet belive

so muslims either by thier understanding from exactly the same verses of the bible are believed that jesus christ didn't die . we believe as thomas did

but how can we know the correct understanding , mine or yours ?
we should to know whether thomas have doubts about jesus (pbuh) to be alive or to be God

from the context of the story , i think that the problem is that thomas didn't believe that jesus is alive , this was the big problem , but after he saw him he believed , believed what ? believed that he is alive

Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
elwill wrote

thomas didn't mistaken , so that jesus didn't correct him
i will imagine myselfs have a child whom went to a war and dead there
then after many years he appeared and came to me saying : i'm alive , touch me if you have doubt , i'm not spirit , i didn't die there.
if i find myself in such situation , i will look at my son and say : oh my God ! and hug him
is that mean that i think that my son is the God ??????

this is exactly what i think happened with thomas

i forgot to add that from my point of view
muslims are the only nation whom believe that jesus didn't killed on the cross , yet they didn't saw him
may be he was refering to muslims by saying : blessed are those who have not seen and yet belive

so muslims either by thier understanding from exactly the same verses of the bible are believed that jesus christ didn't die . we believe as thomas did

but how can we know the correct understanding , mine or yours ?
we should to know whether thomas have doubts about jesus (pbuh) to be alive or to be God

from the context of the story , i think that the problem is that thomas didn't believe that jesus is alive , this was the big problem , but after he saw him he believed , believed what ? believed that he is alive
NO, Thomas believed what He said, you are twisting the scripture with trying to put your opinion to refute what Thomas said.

The scripture is clear, no matter what opinion you try to put to refute it.

Your opinion can't argue what Thomas said.

Muslims have such a problem with this scripture because it shows that what they believe is a lie and now brings that to light.

The scripture does not say as you are trying to say about Thomas, but says that He said My Lord and My God.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 4,704 times
Why we children of God fret, Jesus himself said that only those who seek truth shall hear my voice, allow the Holy Spirit to do his good work, for it is not up to us. we must only say what the Father says as he gives us utterance, his word.

Peace and blessings to all, love one another in love, for love covers a multitude of sin. A kind word cancels wrath. Be doers of the word and not hearers of the word only or he deceives himself

Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
The references Jesus made to God as being his father are so numerous as to prove to all but the most zealous and delusional fundie that he thought himself to be merely the son of god. And he also was trying to tell us that we are all sons and daughters of god too. We need look no further than his dying words: "My father, why has thou forsaken me?"
And I propose that anyone who says that he was really God and the son, well, hell, they're so delusional that it's truly impossible to debate with them. It's akin to me saying, "I have this invisible man on my shoulder!"
See, it's impossible to disprove me; you just can't see him!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:33 AM

3 posts, read 4,704 times
you answered my previous response, only those who truly seek God will find Him in His Truth. In the book of Ezekiel it say , this is God talking here, Isreal has become "hardharted and hardheaded" Go and tell them what I have said to you, there will be those who will listen and those who will refuse to hear Me. (paraphrased)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality