Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:52 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,823,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
My God considers us all as perfect as possible within an evolving system.
I really do wonder about anyone who claims to know the mind of a mythological beastie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,945,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I really do wonder about anyone who claims to know the mind of a mythological beastie.

Those mythological beast lie within our own mind. Interesting video about how the right hemisphere of the brain is all about just such.

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight | Video on TED.com

Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,798,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Think like Darwin. Are God and His works perfect?

I do not believe in the conventional God of scripture but regardless of this fact, I believe that we live in a perfect environment and evolving system.
There is biblical support for this view as well in this.
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:
[SIZE=2]Many believe that this perfection was destroyed by man in Genesis.
How perfection can make imperfect choices is beyond me but most think that Genesis was the fall of man. I do not agree because I cannot see man as complete without he knowledge of good and evil.
Some do. They, I think are misguided.
I believe that we live in evolving perfection.
When Darwin found the Galapagos Islands, he found just that. A system that was as perfect as it could be at that point in time. I stretch what he found to the whole of creation and see it and all of us as perfect as we can be.
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If things are always as good as they can be then we can say that things are perfect and moving continuously towards a more perfect state.
If you see perfection as a stagnant unchanging condition then you may want to use good and getting better
At all times.
Scripture says that God looked upon the garden of Eden and even knowing what evil and sin would transpire there, called it good.
Evolution, even with competition/evil, must be recognized as the most perfect system available to us.
To me, either God or nature has provided us with evolving perfection.
If God is to maintain His perfection and that of His works so as not to back slide then things must be perfect and it is to us to recognize it.
Do you recognize our perfect environment over time or do you see God’s perfect works as somehow becoming imperfect?
Can perfection become imperfection?
If so, does that mean that God or nature has back slide into imperfection?

Regards
DL
[/SIZE]
The bible makes it QUITE specific that this is a fallen world, hence flawed to put it mildly.

No disrespect ,but to become that involved with conuvaluted thoughts of your own imagination serves no useful purpose.

God Bless.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,102,613 times
Quote:
This is an indeterminant, it is, perhaps, the best evolution can do at the present point in time. Evolution is not static.
True.

Evolving perfection.

Regards
DL

Old 10-30-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I do not believe in talking snakes.

Regards
DL

Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
The bible makes it QUITE specific that this is a fallen world, hence flawed to put it mildly.

No disrespect ,but to become that involved with conuvaluted thoughts of your own imagination serves no useful purpose.

God Bless.
"No disrepect." ?

I see one who lies.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality